Olcc Approved Video Systems

• Thread starter Derf Werfler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

Greetings Farmers! I am looking for suggestions regarding a decent video security surveillance/recording system that will meet the OLCC requirements. Any suggestions, good or bad will be appreciated. Was recently assigned a case worker for my Tier 1 and I want to start looking so I can have that hoop covered when it comes to that. If you dont feel good about publicly disclosing your system, please shoot me a PM when you have a spare. I appreciate your help in advance!!

Peace and Good Vibes to all!!

Derf

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I've used a couple brands, main thing is to make sure it's set to record and save the data as they require. If you're caught breaking rules through MetRC or other red flag, snitch report, etc, then they'll want to see your footage (big penalty for missing time, maybe license loss).

My advice is test out the remote viewing software with your smartphone/tablet/desktop before installing everything, to make sure it's acceptable. Onboard dvr software from the vendors vary in usability, some really suck. For serious installations there are pro-install solutions, but more than I've needed so far.

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

Maybe I need to clarify my question a bit more. Like with most any products, there is a varying range of quality between Primo and absolute Crapola. And as we all know, the most expensive is not necessarily the best. If you licensed brothers and sisters out there have a system you are happy with, please name it either publicly or PM me if you dont want others to know. However, if it is in the Grande CaCa El Toro category please post. It will certainly be beneficial and appreciated by me and future farmers in the same boat. Peace and Good Vibes to all!

Derf

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Maybe I need to clarify my question a bit more. Like with most any products, there is a varying range of quality between Primo and absolute Crapola. And as we all know, the most expensive is not necessarily the best. If you licensed brothers and sisters out there have a system you are happy with, please name it either publicly or PM me if you dont want others to know. However, if it is in the Grande CaCa El Toro category please post. It will certainly be beneficial and appreciated by me and future farmers in the same boat. Peace and Good Vibes to all!

Derf
I'm more familiar with the crapola, would put the cheapies like Lorex in that category but maybe they have better now. Swann is a cheap one with ok remote apps, nothing special but the software actually works compare to Lorex. I bet someone here knows more about better 2nd party cam software. One thing worth paying more for is better resolution and IR lighting for your outdoor cams, good enough to read license-plates/etc.

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

220px-The_Roaring_Silence.jpg

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

Thanks @leadsled ! I submitted my shop diagram to them (CannaGuard) last week. They have my plans drawn, tomorrow I get a one hour sales pitch webinar with them. I may not report back to this site for a bit, but I promise to give some kind of "Prospect Review" after all is said and done, for the benefit of my fellow brothers and sisters here in the State of Green Beavers and Ducks!!. Peace.

Derf

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

Hello to all. I have some time tonight to update on progress so far.

I have not committed yet, but the CannaGuard (CG) folks so far are the Mercedes of the companies that I have so far been doing proposals with.

Actually pretty frustrating subject overall. This is perhaps one of the areas that I am kicking myself on for not attending any Cannabis seminars, festivals, etc. A simple dweeb like myself just Googling Oregon/Portland cannabis security systems actually produces minimal results. I sent out a buttload of inquiries to many of those listed on the web. Typically, most companies did not even reply back to simple product/service inquiries. Some return replies and state they only supply equipment, but no help in installation or compliance advice.

Several others replied and even made proposals. But after doing personal investigation on the brands and models they are proposing, it seems to me they are offering "just barely" (cheese pizza - no toppings) good enough systems to actually be in the game. Compared to CannaGuard, (CG) they are all just Junior League (JL).

However, these JL teams are approx 50% less expensive than CG.

So far, CG seems pretty firm on the prices they offer. To paint you a picture - (Using a comparison to pizza) - CG only offers the whole mega double deluxe whole house combination. They offer no Pepperoni choice, no Cheese only price. Its Mega Pie or nothing. If anybody has experienced different, please post! (However due to the Roaring Silence so far on this subject, I doubt anybody will). :(

So, in a nutshell my search continues. A Big Plus to CG is that they DO offer financing, but with bend you over the barrel and plug it to ya fees, and not even a seemingly friendly swipe of K-Y on the head of their ramrod. (Ouch)!!! The financing option is a big plus however, if you are looking to keep your startup fees in check.

Anyway, there is the update. Will keep you all posted if anybody even gives a crap!

ANY and ALL suggestions are still mighty welcome here! (Chirp chirp).

Derf

P

PharmHand

When I cringed at his camera/install prices my alarm guy recommended this https://blinkforhome.com
I used to use a swan system it worked pretty decent takes a little messing around to get it all dialed in but it would email me still shots on motion detection, remote viewing etc... Alarm guy said the difference between his and swan is the clarity for facial recognition but said the blink ones were really good for price

M

Mulder25

Wondering if you have decided on a system to implement? If I had the funds and/or a partner, I would love to explore this exciting industry. I have read what I am certain is far less than you, but far more than it seems anyone else here, about the Oregon regulations. I am not trying to put anyone down, its just a totally different audience, they aren't interested in the specific compliance issues you face, and hopefully I might as well.

The main critereon, as a refresher and to those who haven't read the rules, are 100% coverage anywhere marijuana products may be located as well as 15 feet from all entrances and exits. The minimum resolution is 1280 x 720 with a minimum 10FPS. Recordings must be stored for i believe 90 days? In addition to on-site data storage, they must be backed up to a secure, off-site location. There needs to be a 1 hour minimum battery backup for the system.

That is just the video part, but while were at it, why not examine other security aspects, such as notifications to the owner/operator, panic buttons and automatic alarms. Some of these can be integrated into the camera system. This may very well be what CG does, and markets the whole package at a substantial markup, I don't know. I am a DIY type of person, so what I think of is simple packages bought from amazon.

Industry standard battery backup for regular security cameras:
https://www.amazon.com/Night-Owl-Security-BB-86AH-Channels/dp/B00OGQMCMS
Plug that into any size UPS for even longer backup time. -Solves battery backup for about 0.
Here is a product line with a range of options, from 2 to 32 cameras. I don't know necessarily the quality, but the price seems to be fair/higher end, it has good reviews, albeit limited in number. This may be a more one-stop package set-up depending on your requirements.
https://www.amazon.com/GW-Security-.../B06XDCBP8M/ref=wl_mb_gl_huc_clickstream_1_dp

Just my ideas, hope something was helpful.

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

Thank you for your helpful and detailed response @Mulder25 ! And Welcome to the Farm!! I wish I had your skills as a DIY. That is a very nice looking system that GW offers. I would save some serious $ if I had the skills. Sure, I can drill holes and run the Cat to the server, but the programming and trouble shooting is all Latin to me. I did enjoy the detailed review that Big Bang Physicist provides, which also opened my eyes as to the tech challenges he had. The undersized cogs that run in my Neanderthal carbon based processor would simply fry, lol. Interesting that GW runs with IE, I wonder what their thinking is there? To offer a Jetsons product with a Flintstone based system certainly needs corrected.

Yes, CannaGuard (CG) covers the alarms, sensors, remotes etc in their installation. Again, at a premium price.

After prolonged whining and foot dragging, (my negotiating strategy, lol) CG did finally offer a small price reduction and tossed in a few other morsels. We should good to go with their installation crew set to come here in about three weeks or as soon as I finish getting the last nail pounded, paint splattered and the electrician's voodoo magic worked.

Thanks again for your helpful reply!!

Derf

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

Question posed by @pinkystinky in a different thread.
Derf, saw one of your earlier posts about security cameras. Aprx, how much did CG charge you for installation? I am in the process of obtaining my permit, the final piece before inspection is security cameras. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

@pinkystinky Your question asks for installation charges. The installation charges, per the bid, covered "Wiring, Programming, Installation, Client Training & Turnover" and averaged $425 per camera. $PENDY!! They sure did a nice clean job tho!!

I know nothing about the following company, but have been seeing their ads in recent "Stoner" mags: Asset Protection Partnership, Ltd. Their website is www.appltd.com Might be worth a look.

I am guilty of not having yet attended any shows or conferences, they may contain security companies giving their pitch. I have found that generally I am not seeing much in the way of advertising from security companies. Either I am vision impaired or not many care to promote their services.

P

pinkystinky

I hope that included the cameras! Agreed $pendy, but you get what you pay for. (mostly). Thank you for the reply. Just have to install the fencing and cameras then inspection. Will check appltd.com. Thanks again.

@pinkystinky Your question asks for installation charges. The installation charges, per the bid, covered "Wiring, Programming, Installation, Client Training & Turnover" and averaged $425 per camera. $PENDY!! They sure did a nice clean job tho!!

I know nothing about the following company, but have been seeing their ads in recent "Stoner" mags: Asset Protection Partnership, Ltd. Their website is www.appltd.com Might be worth a look.

I am guilty of not having yet attended any shows or conferences, they may contain security companies giving their pitch. I have found that generally I am not seeing much in the way of advertising from security companies. Either I am vision impaired or not many care to promote their services.[/QUOTE]
Than

I am guilty of not having yet attended any shows or conferences, they may contain security companies giving their pitch. I have found that generally I am not seeing much in the way of advertising from security companies. Either I am vision impaired or not many care to promote their services.[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Top Bottom