Old Dan1989 Has A Deficiency, Any Takers?

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dan1989

dan1989

I've spotted this on my NL#5 autos which admittedly I've not been giving my full attention. It started at the bottom and is slowly working it's way up, appears to be just on the fan leaves for now. I've never had this issue and looking at the charts it's Mg deficiency but would love to hear some second opinions please. The leaf is much lighter green (close to yellow) than the pic appears to show. If you need more pics let me know. Thanks!

Old dan1989 has a deficiency any takers 2
Old dan1989 has a deficiency any takers

Leew421

Leew421

I would say, give a good rinse, then push in some Epsom salt and seaweed with a super light dose of bloom booster. If you have some enzymes do that instead of seaweed or both.

Leew421

Leew421

Molasses is actually good at leaching. I would even consider that and no Epsom and with the booster.

dan1989

dan1989

Yes sir, possible lock out too so I mentioned the rinse and leach

Thank you! I would imagine it's more likely lock out, I just wasn't sure WHAT I locked out. I mentioned I wasn't giving them much attention (just killing time with them) but I forgot to say I missed a couple waterings which is a no no in coco obviously. Things were pretty dry in there...lockout city :D cheers brother I appreciate the input!

dan1989

dan1989

So I've let the coco go pretty dry. Not death valley dry, but pretty dry. This is due to poor care, not lack of knowledge (I've watered them now btw). I know I need to keep my coco moist but to be honest I've been paying more attention to my 2 photoperiod mother plants. Call the autos a sideshow. Other than this slip up I've been lightly feeding/watering daily since flowering kicked in and things looked pretty good.

The thing is, I noticed things going a bit sour before the dry up. The bottom fan leaves were becoming pale, and had brown rust spots dotted across them. Right now I'd say the leaves on the whole look pretty pale for the most part on all three plants, not yellow, but very light green. My nutes (dutch pro a+b hydro) are supposed to have all the micro nutes etc and no need to supplement cal/mag etc. Into flowering and up until now I've been feeding 0.9 - 1.0 EC, which in hindsight sounds quite low, am I simply under feeding?

One thing I happened to notice was last run I fed (same nutes, medium) without any runoff and had no problems at all. This run on the autos I'm watering to about 20% runoff and getting a shit ton of weird shit. Is Northern Lights #5 just mag hungry? Or am I onto something with the runoff idea?

I've heard growers say they water to runoff and others say they don't bother. Quite a few times I've mopped up the runoff only to look in the tent an hour later and the place is flooded. Is it the plants sitting in the runoff doing the damage? Questions questions...

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Do not, do not ever add bloom base to an autoflower plant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, if it has not toped yet, your auto should top between day 40 and day 50, if you add even a little bloom base to help your plant along it will Imedietley and forever STOP GROWING, Toped or not, SNOLEPERD has learned this lesson the hard way, once your auto tops off as stated this should happen between day 40 and 50 depending on the strain, flush your auto out and add flowering base and agent, this is how you get yield off your auto, SNOLEPERD uses botanacare pro flower base + Atami Bloombastic on average and I only do autos your plant should finish around day 70 that's my mean average, as for your leaves they almost look burned, I only feed my autos base, botanacare pro food base, I start at 1/2 recommended dose per gal and acclimate up, do not feed your auto until at least day 20 at this time start at 1/2 dose you can allways add more food you cant unburn a plant, you have a serious deficiency, flush your auto, check the ph, it looks like you over fed and burned your plant, or you have a serious cal- mag ,deficiency, so flush out your auto, check ph, correct if nessasary, take some de earth sprinkle around your plant and water, de earth is organic and will add some cal -mag to your plant, it will allso kill any pests you may have, after this do not feed, let your plant chill out a day or 3, see if this helps, remember autos need much less nutrients if you go overboard you will burn ur autoflower plants, and remember the second you add bloom agent or base to an autoflower it's growing days are over, as stated SNOLEPERD learned this from bitter experience, if you need more help ask. Your Friend. SNOLEPERD

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

This auto is called revolver, day 63, gave last dose of flower agent today will harvest monday day 70 right on time. Your Friend Snoleperd

dan1989

dan1989

Do not, do not ever add bloom base to an autoflower plant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, if it has not toped yet, your auto should top between day 40 and day 50, if you add even a little bloom base to help your plant along it will Imedietley and forever STOP GROWING, Toped or not, SNOLEPERD has learned this lesson the hard way, once your auto tops off as stated this should happen between day 40 and 50 depending on the strain, flush your auto out and add flowering base and agent, this is how you get yield off your auto, SNOLEPERD uses botanacare pro flower base + Atami Bloombastic on average and I only do autos your plant should finish around day 70 that's my mean average, as for your leaves they almost look burned, I only feed my autos base, botanacare pro food base, I start at 1/2 recommended dose per gal and acclimate up, do not feed your auto until at least day 20 at this time start at 1/2 dose you can allways add more food you cant unburn a plant, you have a serious deficiency, flush your auto, check the ph, it looks like you over fed and burned your plant, or you have a serious cal- mag ,deficiency, so flush out your auto, check ph, correct if nessasary, take some de earth sprinkle around your plant and water, de earth is organic and will add some cal -mag to your plant, it will allso kill any pests you may have, after this do not feed, let your plant chill out a day or 3, see if this helps, remember autos need much less nutrients if you go overboard you will burn ur autoflower plants, and remember the second you add bloom agent or base to an autoflower it's growing days are over, as stated SNOLEPERD learned this from bitter experience, if you need more help ask. Your Friend. SNOLEPERD

Woah, what can I say? Seems autos were not as easy a ride as I imagined. I grew a couple of the same strain once in soil. One died, another I chopped too early.

Now, I wanna make sure I'm understanding your advice, as it seems pretty solid, you clearly know your autos.

You said to never use bloom base, but you said you add botanacare flower base. I'm guessing you mean don't add before a certain time, could you put it a little clearer ? I'm having a dummy moment and don't really get what you're telling me to do as far as nutes go.

dan1989

dan1989

This auto is called revolver, day 63, gave last dose of flower agent today will harvest monday day 70 right on time. Your Friend Snoleperd

Thanks by the way, that was a lot you wrote for me, very much read and appreciated!

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

No problem, this is how I grow an autoflower, bear in mind you need good seed stock, so lets pretend we have good stable autoflower beans, first i buy my mix, i use fox farms ocean forest a nice cool mix made for autos, make shure you youse clay dogfood, or growstones for drainage very important, make up your mix just add pearlite, germanate your beans and place in the pot you are going to grow your auto insurance I use a 3 or 3.9gal nursery pots depending on the strain, when your seedling pops and unfolds that is day 1, from day 1 to day 20 leave it alone, one important thing you need to know autoflower plants have much weaker root systems than a photoperid plant on day 20 your auto should be coming along time for her first feed, WARNING I only feed base, botanacare pro start at 1/2 recommended dose acclimate up after you see how your auto reacts, you can burn your whole plant so go easy, you will probably have to prune your auto twice, you want the light on your branches, I prune 1 time between day 25 and 30, keep feeding base remember all you are trying to do is top your plant by day 30 your auto will be in pre flower never mind the flower at this point you just want your auto to top, keep feeding base, on average by day 45 your auto should be toped and in full flower if she goes to day 50 don't worry, any way your auto is toped in full flower now you want yield this is how you get it, I completely flush my plant, I now at this point I add botanacare pro flower base and Atami bloombastic starting at 1/2 recommended dose, some autos are a lot more finicky than others but I acclimate up as fast as the plant can take it, allso at this time give your auto a final prune say you do this on day 50 at this point I put my autoflower under a California light works led chip diode bloom booster, as stated acclimate the botanacare and bloombastic, even at half dose I still burn my leaf tips, not bad just the tips but should give you an idea of how sensative these plants can be, any way on average 25 days with the base, the bloombastic, the bloom booster and you are done, got it, remember this is under optimal growing conditions and good seed stock with no major problems all pics are autos by SNOLEPERD

20170627 165011
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom