Old Fart, First Time Grower, Organic And Outdoors

• Thread starter FenderSuper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mezz

Mezz

Just arrived. Want to grow a couple strains of indica, Afghani and Ken's GDP. Will have MANY questions. This all seems dauntingly complex but budget willing, I will grow this year. :D
Welcome and congratulations on taking the daunting step of growing your own cannabis! I too am new to this forum but have found that everyone here is knowledgeable and helpful.

dilligaf

dilligaf

Welcome ..spend as much time with your plants as you can..you will start to notice different traits within most strains..however...dont spend so much time that you start toget clever..lol..practice makes perfect unless you are practising wrong.

D

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

Welcome ..spend as much time with your plants as you can..you will start to notice different traits within most strains..however...dont spend so much time that you start toget clever..lol..practice makes perfect unless you are practising wrong.

D
I'm fortunate insofar as my little sister is a master gardener. She has a masters in chemistry and builds her own soil. She likes worm shit fertilizer. ;) She's building and cooking soil for me. 30-gal fabric pots in the back yard. Indica only. Afghani is an easy grow, as is GDP, or so my grower pal says.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
@FenderSuper, You described yourself as an old fart. If so, ya need to check out Curmudgeonland, Home of the Old Farts Club, in the "Smokers Lounge". Come on over and "burn a bowl" with us.

dilligaf

dilligaf

wish i could go back outdoors ..but there is too much humidity for a lot of indicas here..rare to have a whole week below 80 percent rh..mostly had to go with forever flowering sativas..luckily back then i could let them go up to mid-late november.
Btw...kens gdp has been on my bucket list a few years now..i want to try more strains that are already available than i could ever get to..but gdp is high on the list

D

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

wish i could go back outdoors ..but there is too much humidity for a lot of indicas here..rare to have a whole week below 80 percent rh..mostly had to go with forever flowering sativas..luckily back then i could let them go up to mid-late november.
Btw...kens gdp has been on my bucket list a few years now..i want to try more strains that are already available than i could ever get to..but gdp is high on the list

D
This will be my very first. I've decided on Afghani and Ken's GDP. The Bay Area has moisture, but nothing like the humidity of most places east of the rockies, with that cloying, nasty 90/90 shit going on. I hated that weather last time I was in it, back in 2002 in New Orleans (Jazzfest). I got sick from all the AC inside to 90/90 outside. Was two MONTHS before I could clear my ears (and hear anything). Next time it's one or the other. I'll stick in the dry, dry west, and work for the day California is an independent nation.

dilligaf

dilligaf

I used to live in new orleans..still isnt a long drive to get there..last time i was there i went to a grow shop a couple years after the hurricane..its still a third world area.

D

Top Bottom