Old School SuperSkunk

• Thread starter cheaplastic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cheaplastic

cheaplastic

anyone have flowering time info, pics, or experience with this particular cut? I just scored some Alien Kush x Old School SuperSkunk :sun and im very curious about this hybrid

winta

winta

congrats my dude! i hopped on these aswell :) i think i heard it has a quick flowering time and its similar to green crack with more yield :party0044:

anyone have flowering time info, pics, or experience with this particular cut? I just scored some Alien Kush x Old School SuperSkunk :sun and im very curious about this hybrid

JH420

JH420

congrats my dude! i hopped on these aswell :) i think i heard it has a quick flowering time and its similar to green crack with more yield :party0044:

BTW that info is from OGRaskal. I would love to hear some more specific info on the yeild and flower time myself. I'm guessing a gram per watt and 8 weeks shouldn't be a problem.

winta

winta

yep yep straight out the mouth ogr :) i want some more details too just cant find em lol the search continues!

BTW that info is from OGRaskal. I would love to hear some more specific info on the yeild and flower time myself. I'm guessing a gram per watt and 8 weeks shouldn't be a problem.

The Joker

The Joker

Which Super Skunk is it? Skunk no.1 from the SSSC in the 80's? Or Island Super Skunk? Whose skunk was used in the cross?

C

CAPO

I'm pretty darn sure he's got good 'ol Super Skunk in that cross guys. We run a sweet ass cut of some super. It goes 7 weeks (for the best buzz), but yes you can take her a lil further. Easy to clone, grow, and a little super cropping on her main stalk will bush her up nicely. Easy to get a couple of zips off a small plant and she's a medium feeder.

Super came out after Skunk no.1....I think maybe it has NL or something. I'm pretty positive this is the one Raskal's workin with too...not the ISS.

O

Ozstoner

Which Super Skunk is it? Skunk no.1 from the SSSC in the 80's? Or Island Super Skunk? Whose skunk was used in the cross?

Capo:
Super came out after Skunk no.1....I think maybe it has NL or something. I'm pretty positive this is the one Raskal's workin with too...not the ISS.

I thought Sensi Seeds were the original creators of Super Skunk. I just checked their site and the old strain description has changed. I remember it used to say something about them back crossing their best skunks to the original cut to create the most skunky individual to date. Now it says:

Taking the Skunk family back to its Afghani roots, Super Skunk adds flavour, weight and potency to the always-reliable Skunk #1. Despite being released three years after Shiva Skunk, Super Skunk qualifies as the first serious project to breed a next-level cannabis hybrid from the groundbreaking SK#1. Experimental Afghan-Skunk hybrids are featured in the very first Seed Bank catalogues and the breeding project aimed at finding the perfect Afghani genotype to match Skunk #1 goes back further still.

Throughout the Super Skunk project, Sensi breeders aimed to create a strain whose commercial potential, potency and hybrid vigour had never been seen before. Over the years, a large number of Afghani cultivars were crossed with both males and females of the true-breeding Skunk #1. Many wonderful plants were produced, though never with exactly the blend of qualities sought by the project. The achievements in cannabis hybridisation made in the late Eighties meant that the standards for professional ganja were steadily moving upwards which, naturally, raised the bar for what was expected from the Super Skunk program.

It was the expansion of the Sensi Seed Bank gene library at the end of that decade - in particular, the range of fresh Afghanica cultivars which became available to Sensi breeders – that made the current version of our Skunk-Afghani hybrid possible. In 1990, Super Skunk in its final form was released to great acclaim, picking up the mostly-Indica Cannabis Cup straight away.

Super Skunk’s performance remains unchanged to this day, always living up to her super vigorous, super potent and super fragrant reputation. With just a little encouragement, females build colossal, crystalline colas indoors or in the greenhouse. Super Skunk bears the rare distinction of being one of the only cannabis strains that may require more experience to smoke than she does to grow!

Flowering: 45-50 days
Flowering: mid-October
Height: 120-150 cm
Height: 150-300 cm
Yield: up to 125 gr
Yield: up to 500 gr

So they're saying it's Skunk1 x Afghani, so maybe the Af could be NL, like capo said.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Im waiting for the boss to comment. Id love to hear where she's coming from.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

Im glad you all are just as currious as me.. i have a very good feeling that Alien Kush x OldSchoolSuperSkunk is gonna be one hell of a cross..

Midnight_son

Midnight_son

Premium Member
Supporter
Im glad you all are just as currious as me.. i have a very good feeling that Alien Kush x OldSchoolSuperSkunk is gonna be one hell of a cross..

I hope you are right bro.:sun

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Yall know raskal aint put a bad seed out yet. Gotta give em that for sure plus always online answering our questions. This is the best. :)

L

LOCO__MOCO

PO in Van Nuys has it as Sensi Stock from the Early 90's... cant remember the exact year but thats what they posted awhile back.

O

ograskal

hey wassup fellas. i have a few old pics of my old skool superskunk cut..I'l try to post them up later...The cut has been around since the 90's and i am assuming it is an old skool sensi's cut....Dont know for sure though just a guess.. As for an exact year, I dont even know that so how someone can say its from 93 is just funny to me..

O

ograskal

Heres a few old shots of my old skool superskunk.. I beleive she was chopped at day 53... she can be taken anywhere from 50-56 days... great commercial cash cropper.... smell is very similar to Green Crack.. I ditched the greencrack and kept this cut instead... she gets big fat ass chunky nugz...~ogr

17218_inch_SuperSkunk_day_53_flower_.jpg

17218_inch_Chunky_SuperSkunk_day_53_.jpg

172SS_Buds_Hangtime_.jpg
172SuperSkunk_Buds_Hanging_.jpg
172SuperSkunk_Buds_Hangin_.jpg
172SuperSkunk_Bud.jpg
172Closeup_SuperSkunk_Cola.jpg

C

CAPO

YA MAN...That's the oldskool Super FoSho!!...a real nice one!

Thanks OGR.....:)

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice

Those plants are yielders, to say the least. Beautifully done

mal

A

alexander

Awesome! I cant wait to pop these magic beans. Those super skunks gave me a super boner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom