Old Strains

• Thread starter Speedy73020
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smerb

Smerb

Is there still old strains out there? Like Creeper - old school sunk? Any old strains. Thank you
Yes. Some are held closely and some are bought right out of a seed catalog. Just keep looking. You may not find that real old school. Plants have evolved but strains for certain areas are still there. Afghan. Humboldt. BC bud. Pakistan red. Swag.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

BUMP!!!

If youre in USA???

Swami Organic Seeds has some good crosses of Old School Landrace Heirloom seeds. While I haven't grown them out yet, 2 friends,,, and the History of the Genes, several grows/photos Ive seen, convinced me to give some of these genetics a go.

Swami has Nevils Original LTD Release 1988 NL5 x Haze. Its now F5 Stabilized, and F5 was an open pollination. I'm about to start 100 seeds of a few different types. Ive also been assured, its as powerful, as it ever was, and still comes with Nevils Original Warning.

Swami also gives a free pack, and a few extras with each purchase. I bought 45 seeds, and got 100. Cant say if he always does this, but I ordered for my buddies, and they also got many extras.

So far both the NL5 x Haze, and the Blue Orca x NL5 x Haze are growing at least as well as hoped, and smell really good. The BOH smells better than expected, and unlike any strain Ive smelled in years. Very Incense, Sandalwood, exotic Thai type smell Ive not smelled since the 70s. Very compact, and close internode spacing.

The 88 Nevils NL5/Hz is growing like a weed, wit very good branching structure, and very similar to the current Mr Nice Super Silver Haze, but is More Sativa Leaning. If its a powerful as originally, and produces like a SSH, its a winner.

Original 90s SSH that won 3 cups in a row, were original Nevils 88 NL5/Hz x Sk#1. I heard these Original Genes from Sensi were lost in 2002. Ive grown the current Sensi, and its not the same. Nor is Mr Nice NL5/Hz.

Clackamas Coot is the 1 that bred the NL5/Hz, and originator of the Blue Orca. He got the seeds from Nevil in 88, and bred them in 91, and put them away for 20 years, and brought it back in 2011.

Blue Orca is Clone Only, along with her sister... The One. They are a cross of a Male 1976 Thai Stick x Pre Soviet Kandahar, and are supposedly the worlds oldest MJ clones. They've been around since 1984.

I'm bettin theres a good reason they've kept these alive for 37 years. They crossed it to Nevils NL5/Hz, to make BOH. Its the Breeders Favorite.

My 2 friends also have some of the Hazeman/NDNGuy/Nevils 88 G13 x Hashplant which I also bought for them, and we will cross this with the NL5/Hz, and also keep it pure.

Swami also has the Original 1979 IBL Mr Greengenes Cherry Bomb/Maui Wowie. This is the Real stuff, and before Mr GG Died, he gave Swami, and Verdant Green the Original Genetics. Anyone else claiming they have the original genes... Don't have them.

SpiderK here on the forum has a bunch of photos ect, posted on the Swami Gear, and was a deciding factor for me buying the Swami Genes.

I myself am getting ready to start

Nevils 88 NL5 x Haze

Swami Blue Orca Haze

Swami Blue Orca x 1985 Road Kill Skunk Guadalajara.

The RKS Guadalajara has been bred, and stabilized in Guadalajara for over 30 years, and is bred to the Blue Orca.

Also, Swami will have the IBL Road Kill Skunk in the Spring.

Blue Orca x Cannabiogen Paki Chitral Kush

I'll grow them out with 2 1000w Gavitas, in 10 Gallon Smart Pots, in Promix BX

Food will be Better Grow Orchid Formulas. Both Veg, and Flowering. NO Urea Nitrogen

Will supplement with Cal/Mag

He also has original Panama, Oaxacan, Mazar, Guerrero, Nepali, Old School Afghan #1, crosses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom