Omerta

• Thread starter Omerta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Omerta

Omerta

It seems that a lot of people have really good things to say about using Aloe Vera to promote rooting. If you happen to have some Aloe plants handy, that may be worth trying.

Thank you, I will try the aloe on my next clones from my canna-tsu plant.

Should I go for the smaller lower branches or the sturdier upper tops and lower my canopy? But have sturdier clones...

Fangthane

Fangthane

Should I go for the smaller lower branches or the sturdier upper tops and lower my canopy? But have sturdier clones...
I'm literally the last person who should be offering that kind of advice. I gave up on researching cloning when my dumb ass finally realized that cloning autoflowering plants is effectively pointless.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

I'm literally the last person who should be offering that kind of advice. I gave up on researching cloning when my dumb ass finally realized that cloning autoflowering plants is effectively pointless.
Lmaoooo I’m right behind you bubba :)

Omerta

Omerta

Why is cloning auto flowering plants pointless? I've never looked into autos.

Omerta

Omerta

At what point do we say the clipping is a successful clone? I know that if it dies it's a fail but how soon could there be roots? This clipping has shown no signs of stress or that it has been seperated from its roots for almost 10 hrs. Is this a successful clone until it dies? Or do I need to wait a week?

20190110 214321
tom29625

tom29625

It seems that a lot of people have really good things to say about using Aloe Vera to promote rooting. If you happen to have some Aloe plants handy, that may be worth trying.
I also have read but not tried.. .Raw Honey . I'm using raw honey in my feeding regime . Good luck

Fangthane

Fangthane

Why is cloning auto flowering plants pointless? I've never looked into autos.
Autoflowers run on their own internal schedule. Since any clone would have identical genetics to it's mother plant, it would also be an autoflower and run on the same schedule. Not much point in taking a clone that would basically have all but no time to veg before blooming.

Omerta

Omerta

Autoflowers run on their own internal schedule. Since any clone would have identical genetics to it's mother plant, it would also be an autoflower and run on the same schedule. Not much point in taking a clone that would basically have all but no time to veg before blooming.
Thank you.

Fangthane

Fangthane

Does the honey sweeten your weed? I love honey... lol honey mead with some honey weed.
I've also read that honey can help promote rooting, but, again, never get it a try. Not really sure what other benefits honey may have, if any. I know that many people advocate the use of non-sulphured Blackstrap molasses in the feed/watering routine. I know one of their reasons is that the carbohydrates in molasses help feed and encourage the beneficial micro organisms in your soil to thrive and proliferate. Supposedly, molasses can also lead to denser nugs. Again, I have effectively zero experience in this and I'm just passing on info I'd read. I'm sure the more experienced readers can offer much more useful insight.

Ina

Ina

About cloning I was thinking why they die most of the times:1.-clean instruments for cutting and stuff;very small amount of light,something like 24 w Too much light for rooting in your space now.Shade it (I usually just leave the box between the bigger plants down in the shadows:)
2.they don't need any ferts(you can soak the soil in something for rooting or you can use/gel/aloe or whatever but nothing with base nutrients,also the soil should be very light in ferts,just wet soil/perlite or something else(loose,not compacted you know) for developing roots.Dont add other ferst,also don't add ferts to the mother plant before cutting,it will ease the rooting,they need air and moisture only.The ferts only fry them in the beginning.....
3.They should stay in wet box(I spray the walls,not the clones mostly because I don't want to move them with spraying,this can stop or delay the rooting,they should stay still 2,3 days at least),but not too wet soil,because there is always a chance for rot).Also wet the soil mostly the first time when you clone,dont water.But is shouldn't dry too much-stops rooting,something in the middle:)
4.dont put them too deep,also can cause rot.The tops have more N in them but also can be used....This one could survive:)You can put it some small box and shade it a little and lets see:)Don't touch it/move it too often after that.

Omerta

Omerta

About cloning I was thinking why they die most of the times:1.-clean instruments for cutting and stuff;very small amount of light,something like 24 w Too much light for rooting in your space now.Shade it (I usually just leave the box between the bigger plants down in the shadows:)
2.they don't need any ferts(you can soak the soil in something for rooting or you can use/gel/aloe or whatever but nothing with base nutrients,also the soil should be very light in ferts,just wet soil/perlite or something else(loose,not compacted you know) for developing roots.Dont add other ferst,also don't add ferts to the mother plant before cutting,it will ease the rooting,they need air and moisture only.The ferts only fry them in the beginning.....
3.They should stay in wet box(I spray the walls,not the clones mostly because I don't want to move them with spraying,this can stop or delay the rooting,they should stay still 2,3 days at least),but not too wet soil,because there is always a chance for rot).Also wet the soil mostly the first time when you clone,dont water.But is shouldn't dry too much-stops rooting,something in the middle:)
4.dont put them too deep,also can cause rot.The tops have more N in them but also can be used....This one could survive:)You can put it some small box and shade it a little and lets see:)Don't touch it/move it too often after that.

Thank you Ina! These are little things I need to know, thank you!

Omerta

Omerta

In regards to cloning my canna-tsu plant (I'll post an updated pic.) Would you take the tops or lower limbs? And how many would you take if this were your plant?
Respectfully,
Omerta

Anybody else with experience as well, please share your insights.

Omerta

Omerta

Also keep in mind this is my mother plant so I look at this plant in terms of possible clones and creating a good looking healthy mother is key to good clones. So I hear.

Omerta

Omerta

I keep forgetting... what does this look like to you?
As you can see from the above pictures the plant overall looks to be what I would call healthy but looking at the lower canopy I'm seeing leaves that are severely um jaundiced? Let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks all.

20190111 115640
20190111 115717
20190111 115800
20190111 115819
Top Bottom