Omerta

• Thread starter Omerta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

So here's first drop I've seen since yesterday... I watered and it sprang right back. I watered till it came out the bottom... that was a couple hours ago. Could this be death by drowning?

Anybody with insight!
Wish I had some words of advice... But I don't lol. Guess all u can do is wait and see what happens:D

Fangthane

Fangthane

Anybody with insight!
Probably the only real insight I'm qualified to offer would be this: Try not to so intensely fixate on your plants. That is probably the biggest change I've made between my first grow and my current one. While I'm not taking a total laissez faire approach, I'm definitely making it a point to take a deep breath before reacting to whatever I'm seeing. If we're gonna judge our own progress against the perfect plants the experienced growers like to show off, we're never going to feel very good about ourselves in our capacity to effectively grow. Not every little spot or wilted leaf needs to be seen as an emergency.

Omerta

Omerta

Probably the only real insight I'm qualified to offer would be this: Try not to so intensely fixate on your plants. That is probably the biggest change I've made between my first grow and my current one. While I'm not taking a total laissez faire approach, I'm definitely making it a point to take a deep breath before reacting to whatever I'm seeing. If we're gonna judge our own progress against the perfect plants the experienced growers like to show off, we're never going to feel very good about ourselves in our capacity to effectively grow. Not every little spot or wilted leaf needs to be seen as an emergency.

Thank you, I appreciate those words of encouragement and insight, and I do tend to fixate... at home all day with no other hobby to entertain me. I am working on the relaxed approuch/mindset for a more stress free environment while I grow. I just have to figure out if that's hands off or all hands on deck micromanaging the grow. I'm leaning to hands off, get ph right and pests gone and let em grow...
Thanks again Fangthane!

Omerta

Omerta

View attachment SciNotesPeriodicTable.png View attachment best_cannabis_deficiency_visual_chart.jpg
Leaf trouble chart
Omerta

Omerta

Good morning everybody... I completely forgot to make the cinnamon solution so I made it this morning and and put way to much cinnamon in... lol. 1 tbsp vs tsp... that's what I get trying to think in the morn. Lol anywho I'll just dilute more and use this batch as a concentrate. I will also be powdering the top soil with cinnamon to try and kill the late hatchers... we shall see how this goes.

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Good morning everybody... I completely forgot to make the cinnamon solution so I made it this morning and and put way to much cinnamon in... lol. 1 tbsp vs tsp... that's what I get trying to think in the morn. Lol anywho I'll just dilute more and use this batch as a concentrate. I will also be powdering the top soil with cinnamon to try and kill the late hatchers... we shall see how this goes.
Here’s another chart it helped me pin point calcium deficiency

2EA98A72 82BC 461D AD01 05B3243D3F5C
Omerta

Omerta

Here's a link on the uses of cinnamon in your garden. It's not all inclusive but a good base line for the importance of using cinnamon as an alternative to buying rooting powder or anti fungal/pest deterrent. I'm going to be monitoring closely these affects and if there any unwanted side affects on the plant, I'll update on that as well.

Omerta

Omerta

So I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to do... my clone babies are happy. My crunch berry mother is happy, I'm not able to work on my canna-tsu mother till this evening. I have regular plants that have thrips but I cant do anything till the solution is done steeping. I could go to the store for soil and supplies but I dont need them now. I guess for now I sit and drink coffee... well I could clean and finish sealing my closet to get it ready to be used... but I dont think I will just yet.

dextr0

dextr0

For sure man. I just hate deficiencies and it’s kind of hard to pinpoint what’s going on all the time. That’s because like Mulders chart shows nutrients do interact and plants will uptake other nutrients to compensate. So now instead of one deficiency you have two....and so on and so on...because they all interact.

Best bet is to look at the charts and try to remember (or look back at your pics) when it first started...what were the symptoms...work from there and do process of elimination. You’ll get it.

I used to be way better at that kind of thing but I’ve been messing with mycology...forgot a lot of old stuff. I’m brushing up though and it won’t be long till I’m back full force.

Omerta

Omerta

Wow. Ya I hadn't thought of that before. So by feeding say nitrogen you would also need to compensate for the deficiencies that will arise by not only nitrogen but mag and cal, and zinc and all the others... so pre mixed plant food (miracle grow) has all these nutrients so until I get the science tacked down I'll keep using that. I fed at 1/4 strength in 32oz of water ph at 6.5 +- .2 for 3 days in a row. Today would be when I feed tonight after I apply my anti thrips folier solution.
The leaves are looking better due to feedings. Theres a couple of the damaged sun leaves that aren't healing, should I clip and remove them?

Respectfully,
Omerta.

For sure man. I just hate deficiencies and it’s kind of hard to pinpoint what’s going on all the time. That’s because like Mulders chart shows nutrients do interact and plants will uptake other nutrients to compensate. So now instead of one deficiency you have two....and so on and so on...because they all interact.

Best bet is to look at the charts and try to remember (or look back at your pics) when it first started...what were the symptoms...work from there and do process of elimination. You’ll get it.

I used to be way better at that kind of thing but I’ve been messing with mycology...forgot a lot of old stuff. I’m brushing up though and it won’t be long till I’m back full force.

Wow. Ya I hadn't thought/known that before. So by feeding say nitrogen I would also need to compensate for the deficiencies that will arise by feeding only nitrogen. mag and cal, and zinc and all the others...

so pre mixed plant food (miracle grow) sounds my speed. It has all these nutrients so until I get the science tacked down I'll keep using that. I fed at 1/4 strength in 32oz of water ph at 6.5 +- .2 for 3 days in a row. Today will be 4 when I feed tonight after I apply my anti thrips folier solution.
The leaves are looking better due to feedings. Theres a couple of the damaged sun leaves that aren't healing, should I clip and remove them?

Also I found this looking back. I believe these are the first symptoms I see... the tips browning.

Respectfully,
Omerta

Screenshot 20190116 113245 Gallery
Omerta

Omerta

I finally got and am reading

THE MARIJUANA GROWER’S
GUIDE
by Mel Frank and Ed Rosenthal
Revised 1992

I found it on pdf... I had no idea cannabis has such a history.

Top Bottom