Ona Blocks...wow!

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dan1989

dan1989

Sorry for the dark pic but this phone doesn't have a flash. Basically this is my little home made grow box, about 2 1/2 feet square by 4ft high growing chamber and separate chamber at the top where my extractor, ducting, electrics and filter go. So its all air tight, and I cut a vent hole in the very top for the filtered air to escape. The filter is working really well, but still had that very faint weedy smell so I put a ONA block directly over the vent hole and WOW! Zero smell and they are in 4th week of flower. Fully recommended for any small scale grower!

Ona blockswow
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Sorry for the dark pic but this phone doesn't have a flash. Basically this is my little home made grow box, about 2 1/2 feet square by 4ft high growing chamber and separate chamber at the top where my extractor, ducting, electrics and filter go. So its all air tight, and I cut a vent hole in the very top for the filtered air to escape. The filter is working really well, but still had that very faint weedy smell so I put a ONA block directly over the vent hole and WOW! Zero smell and they are in 4th week of flower. Fully recommended for any small scale grower!

I couldn't tell by your post if you had a carbon filter or just a filter over the exhaust.

Your carbon filter should scrub the smell completely. I have a 2x2 tent with a 5 foot high flowering chamber.
And the carbon filter leaves no smell in the house.

I also have a 2'x1.5' Ă—2'T micro tent with a 4"x8" charcoal filter that filters the stank completely as well.

If you do have a carbon filter was it a cheap knockoff? That would explain why it was not working.

I use phresh carbon filters. They are reputable and their scrubbers work great. I've had mine over a year now and I still get 0 smell released.

dan1989

dan1989

I couldn't tell by your post if you had a carbon filter or just a filter over the exhaust.

Your carbon filter should scrub the smell completely. I have a 2x2 tent with a 5 foot high flowering chamber.
And the carbon filter leaves no smell in the house.

I also have a 2'x1.5' Ă—2'T micro tent with a 4"x8" charcoal filter that filters the stank completely as well.

If you do have a carbon filter was it a cheap knockoff? That would explain why it was not working.

I use phresh carbon filters. They are reputable and their scrubbers work great. I've had mine over a year now and I still get 0 smell released.

Yeah its a fairly cheap filter to be honest. Thought I'd get away with it cos only 2 plants but...ona blocks will work for the rest of this grow

dan1989

dan1989

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E582DV2?ref_=ams_ad_dp_asin_1
I got this one and it works great. You cant smell anything (until I open the cabinet to water). I personally love the smell but my wife started complaining.

Same here, wouldn't bother me too but like they say, 'happy wife = happy life :D
Plus my son is too clever for his age, can't tell him they are tomatoes anymore when he comes in the room :D
Don't want my kids learning about this stuff so young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom