Ongoing First Time Auto Flower Grow In Soil...everyone Chime In!

• Thread starter Civicsi06
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

have u done your reading about autos and how they work???

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I would switch to the happy frog on your next round. With autos you got to ramp up pretty quick on feeding. If you do toss the calmag, grab some biomin calcium since plants love calcium and if you remove the calmag and switch to just Epson then that's just mag.

imo ffof is stronger then ffhf

hf is like a bag of sticks worst medium I have ever used but like I said that is just imo

Leew421

Leew421

imo ffof is stronger then ffhf

hf is like a bag of sticks worst medium I have ever used but like I said that is just imo
The frog has humic and mycorrhizae.
I actually use Humboldt king mix. Best soil ever. I can fill 10 3 gal pots with one bag

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

just a quick info...I will not be using fox farms nutes just fox farm soils.

When I used to garden with soil and tap water. I never added cal mag............ not needed or salt..

Unless your water source is for some reason bad then you get RO water and will have to supplement cal mag. I think it's funny how quick we can be say say oh just throw some cal mag on it and it will get better. Well if that's not the problem then adding it will certainly create a good problem for you.

*its cal mag it's really light... that stuff will mess your garden up and it's concentrated AF.

*once I had some clones that were sic the guy told me to give 5 ml of cal mag. They never came back around.

I have a container right now with soil and the rest of my garden is coco. I've been to lazy to mix and monitor two fed schedules so I've just been weting her down with whatever mix I have on hand. Needless to say she hasn't got much strait water. Well guess what I got PURPLE STEMS. I truly doubt this plant is hungry. Maybe it's burning up????

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

I think I will leave it be for now (purple stems) and see what happens in the next few days. I personally do not see any other problems with the plant so I am hoping its just the genes. Here are some pics....I tried to get a decent picture of the stems...

20 days:
20d
20da
20day

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Ok so I have a question. In about 1 -1/2 weeks I am thinking about starting to add nutrients to my grow (General Hydroponics Flora Nova Grow). I understand that I should only mix 1/4 of the recommended dosage per gallon of water. My question is, how often should I feed the plant the nutrients? Should I just give nutrient water to the plant for 1 day a week or every other day or everyday? Apologies if this is considered a dumb question.

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Update:

31 days No nutrients just water...also ordered a larger grow tent...this tent is not tall enough.
31d

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Also someone mentioned to me on another post that my light should be closer to the plant...right now its about 16" what do you guys think?

Day 31
31da

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Quick update! Still no nutrients just water. I noticed today that one leaf has a brown spot on it. You can see it in the third pic. Anything to worry about?

Day 34
34d
34da

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

New tent set up finally! I am starting to see some purpling on the leaves on top of the plant. I just started today adding in Bloom Nutes. I started small with just 1ml. to around 3 1/2 quarts. I added some cal mag 2 days ago also. Should I add the cal mag at the same time as feeding once a week and then just use water for the next watering and so on?

Day 39
39d
39da
39day
39days

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Is there an issue with the plant? I am not sure if this discoloration of the leaves is just the genes of the plant or a problem? What do you guys think?

Day42

42d
42da
42day
42days
42dayss
42daysss

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Quick update.....last feeding was 3 days ago with 2mil of Bloom Nutes and 2mil of Calmag. Next feeding I may add 3mil of Bloom Nutes and 3mil of Calmag. I decided to trim off some leaves. Many leaves were yellow or turning yellow and some had some brown spotting. You can still see the purpling leaves on the top.

Day46

46d
46da
46day
46days

Civicsi06

Civicsi06

Ok so I finally got in my 30x magnifier and thought I would try out using it with my cell phone camera. How much longer do you guys/gals think until it is ready to be hung dry?
Here is some info for this plant:

Plant Type Feminized Autoflower
Sativa or Indica 50% - 50%
THC Level High at 18%
CBD (Medical) High
Height Compact (65/85 cm - 26"/33")
Yield Low (±210 gr/m² - ±7 oz/3ft²)
Flowering period Average (58 days)

What should I be looking for with the trichomes? Any help would be appreciated.

Day52
52d
52da
52day
52days

Irish063

Irish063

I don know much with autos. However from what you can see in the last two pics of the trichs they still look cloudy. I'd say wait a little longer. Your on day 53 and it says finishes in 58. I have seen some people post of their autos going longer than the number of days suggested. Try and let the get amber. Guess it also depends on the type of high you want/like. Again not familiar with autos.
Looking good cleaned up though.

Top Bottom