Opinions On Indoor Grow Tent

• Thread starter Prosperity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Prosperity

Hey
Newbie grower here.
I am planning my first grow and would really appreciate some help. I am working on an indoor grow and planning on using auto flower in a hytroponics setup. I am looking for a tent reasonably sized that can fit in my closet.

This is what I had in mind but I wanted some opinions before I purchased.

http://www.dealzer.com/secret-garden-hydroponics-system.html

Also a place where I can purchase the best quality autoflower seeds would appreciated.

Cheers

jipp

jipp

Nope? No one else got an answer. I wanna know before I buy that grow box
all i can say is nine plants is bullshit hah.

for the money you could do better.. im assuming that is the biggest tent you can fit correct?>

chris.

P

Prosperity

all i can say is nine plants is bullshit hah.

for the money you could do better.. im assuming that is the biggest tent you can fit correct?>

chris.
Actually no, I can fit a bigger tent. It's my first grow which is why I had to ask. But if I can get better for the money that's a good enough reason. What do you have in mind?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I suggest a 4'x4' tent. A ton of knowledge. And a horticulture specific lighting system sized to the tent with proper fans and filters and ventilation.

I grew 15 oz of great quality bud following the guides in ed Rosenthals grow guide and Jorje Cervantes grow bible.

I invested $1800 including seeds and soil and such to get started.

I bought quality branded gear and tent. And I exhausted out of a diy stealth window board and ran up my house air conditioning to keep it cool anyway that first summer.

Here is a free library of pot books.

http://catnews.org/FREE Pot Books/

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
4 foot t5 lights barely fit in a 4x4, a 5x5 would be better for 4 foot t5s

gwheels

gwheels

I have a grandmas secret garden. Get a 4 x 4 tent and filtration etc instead. You can grow maybe 3 oz at a go in that garden. A 4 x 4 tent you can grow way more. I should have gone the tent route but live and learn. I now use the secret garden to start seedlings to put in my tent. I will trick it out this fall with filtration that works and use it as a dryer for harvests. In my opinion the secret garden is a waste of money.

You can get a tent grow kit that has everything you need for about the same price. If money is not an issue get a timber light kit that will fit the tent. If it is get a mars grow light to get things started.

I live in Canada and i bought my stuff from this place

http://www.growlights.ca/4-x-4-custom-grow-tent-kit.html

With a tent and 6 inch filtration system and a 315 CMH light the whole thing costs 740.00 Canadian (which is about 570 bucks USD and cheaper than that grow box).

If I sway you away from that secret garden I feel I have done a good thing for a fellow grower. :)

Last edited:
MW7945

MW7945

Holy shit! $800 for a mini fridge with reflective material for walls?!

OP, how big of a tent can you fit? That thing is SHORT. You realistically need at least 5-6 feet of tent to finish a plant (very minimum IMO). You have to consider, even if you start bloom at 6" tall they could still reach 3 feet by the time it's done, on top of that, if you go with something like a LED grow light, you're looking at 24" required between the top of the plants, and the light.

That being said, you could buy a grow tent for something like $100 and spend another $200 on a light. Still puts you back $500 from that.. thing.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
A room would be awesome but I live in an apartment so I don't think I'll be able to do that
You can build a temporary room with Styrofoam insulation board, gorilla tape to tape it together and to the carpet, and painters tape to attach it to the ceiling (to keep from damaging paint when removed). It's easy to cut holes in for venting and cheap. 1" thick will work but needs a wood frame and cardboard to block light.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Hey
Newbie grower here.
I am planning my first grow and would really appreciate some help. I am working on an indoor grow and planning on using auto flower in a hytroponics setup. I am looking for a tent reasonably sized that can fit in my closet.

This is what I had in mind but I wanted some opinions before I purchased.

http://www.dealzer.com/secret-garden-hydroponics-system.html

Also a place where I can purchase the best quality autoflower seeds would appreciated.

Cheers

I have a grandmas secret garden. Get a 4 x 4 tent and filtration etc instead. You can grow maybe 3 oz at a go in that garden. A 4 x 4 tent you can grow way more. I should have gone the tent route but live and learn. I now use the secret garden to start seedlings to put in my tent. I will trick it out this fall with filtration that works and use it as a dryer for harvests. In my opinion the secret garden is a waste of money.

You can get a tent grow kit that has everything you need for about the same price. If money is not an issue get a timber light kit that will fit the tent. If it is get a mars grow light to get things started.

I live in Canada and i bought my stuff from this place

http://www.growlights.ca/4-x-4-custom-grow-tent-kit.html

With a tent and 6 inch filtration system and a 315 CMH light the whole thing costs 740.00 Canadian (which is about 570 bucks USD and cheaper than that grow box).

If I sway you away from that secret garden I feel I have done a good thing for a fellow grower. :)

Please what ever you do, dont buy that piece of shit!
Im gonna keep it simple!
GH done told you what to do! Perfect advice! Go with a 4x4x7 tent, a cmh 315, and 6" fan and filter setup..
Do you have a bedroom where you can put the tent that has a window? Put $100 5k btu window Ac in it, and you got a decent set up!
Did you like that thing cause it said,
Hydroponic?
Well we can get you set up with a 4 bucket dwc system for 75, and even make it recirculating like a waterfarm for a $100...
There is a ton of better ways to spend your hard earned cash than on that.. Materfact its prob the worst thing you can do.. Dont feel bad tho, they make it sound like its perfect, esp when your staring at it right before bed all tired and shit...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You can build a temporary room with Styrofoam insulation board, gorilla tape to tape it together and to the carpet, and painters tape to attach it to the ceiling (to keep from damaging paint when removed). It's easy to cut holes in for venting and cheap. 1" thick will work but needs a wood frame and cardboard to block light.

You can use thicker than 1". But that stuff is seriously flammable. A tent is a convenient and safe option. I have had them right in my living room sharing the house hvac. Exhausting out a stealth board over a window in summer and right into the living room in winter. To help heat the house with my 600w lamp.

And they break right down if neccesary.

I did make black tape flaps around where the zippers leaked light and made a lightproof set of intakes with semi flexible aluminum duct bent in an upside down "U" with black filter foam over each end to light proof.

I still use one in the spare bedroom for veg. I really like them. But the zipper on my secret jardin is failing after 3 years of continuous use.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

You can use thicker than 1". But that stuff is seriously flammable. A tent is a convenient and safe option. I have had them right in my living room sharing the house hvac. Exhausting out a stealth board over a window in summer and right into the living room in winter. To help heat the house with my 600w lamp.

And they break right down if neccesary.

I did make black tape flaps around where the zippers leaked light and made a lightproof set of intakes with semi flexible aluminum duct bent in an upside down "U" with black filter foam over each end to light proof.

I still use one in the spare bedroom for veg. I really like them. But the zipper on my secret jardin is failing after 3 years of continuous use.
Good advice! Because im a curious as shit, and had thought about it myself, what was the idea you came up with for your stealth board? LOL I get more fun out of the design and prototype than growing sometimes!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I thought of building something like a giant bat box around a window and will probably build one soon, adding a hinge for opening window.
fig49-1a.gif

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Thats too big and and crazy looking... My neighbors would be like wtf???
Lol, build it on the inside. Make a frame that rises out from the wall 4 or 6 inches and add a few boards/foam board over top of the window and blinds. One with the air gap at the top and a hole at the bottom of the box to let air go in the bottom, up around the first board, then out the window. It would be completely light proof because of the bends created by staggering the air openings and still allow for airflow and you could even open the window if you made it removable.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Take a cardboard box the same size as the window with the top flaps cut off. Cut the box in half from top to bottom, and flip one half upside down. Put the upside down part over the windows top and trim the other half to fit under the top part. The air would rush up and over the cardboard and out the window. This is the shape I'm trying to convey, I guess cardboard might work but if you could build it from wood and hinge it, it would allow you to Crack open window and leave blinds in place while allowing air flow and blocking light,

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Take a cardboard box the same size as the window with the top flaps cut off. Cut the box in half from top to bottom, and flip one half upside down. Put the upside down part over the windows top and trim the other half to fit under the top part. The air would rush up and over the cardboard and out the window. This is the shape I'm trying to convey, I guess cardboard might work but if you could build it from wood and hinge it, it would allow you to Crack open window and leave blinds in place while allowing air flow and blocking light,
right.. I dont need one, I just wanted to see what kind of cool design ppl have come up with.. There is no smel protection, or theft protection, or snoopy cop protection. Plus it looks getto! when you are in my house, you dont even know there is a grow room. No smell, no sounds, no light, completely sealed in a tent, in a grow room behind 3 locked doors!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Good advice! Because im a curious as shit, and had thought about it myself, what was the idea you came up with for your stealth board? LOL I get more fun out of the design and prototype than growing sometimes!

I sort of copied the foam and plastic board they show but used 2 stacked pieces of 2" silver backed rigid foam insulation and painted the window side and edges black. I slightly opened the window a few inches and tilted the blinds slightly for airflow and a 6" hole for my exhaust duct.

I also used a duct muffler. I lived in a trailer park at the time and no one suspected anything. There was a fan noise but it sounded like a fan in a dark bedroom.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/exhaust#homemade-fake-window

Latest posts

Top Bottom