Opinions On Viparspectra

• Thread starter Scrogger2190
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

So I've been doing some experiments with viparspectra vs hps, and I've really been liking the vipars. Has anybody else had experience with them? If so what are your opinions on them. I put a 900w vipar which only pulls 450 from the wall next to a 600hps and it yields about the same if not slightly more. I've seen a lot of people bash vipar lights and I'm just curious why

Jbellsmoke

Jbellsmoke

I have a 450 w vipar I use for vegging a few plants at a time and I think there best bang for ur dollar. Been growing some monster leaves on different strains under this thing for awhile now. Only used it couple times in flower for some side lighting.

20180813 184135
Dan789

Dan789

The viparspectra light along with most of that particular style light fixture will grow MJ. I’ve got a 450 that only draws a little over 100 watts at the wall, what you’re measuring seems high, but not familiar with all their lights.
As far as the criticism, I wouldn’t let that dissuade me from using any light that I have to grow, especially as you’ll be saving electricity, and lowering the generation of extra heat in your tent or growing space.

S

Shawnery

I wonder if you're going by appearance, weight or quality? I'm not saying it would lean one way or the other just wondering what variables your comparing?

Thx!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Check out the Meizhis..IMO the best of the lower priced lights
Pronounced ME-IZ-HIGH (Truth)..How could anything named like that be bad..LOL

Seriously ..I recently sold them off only to get more HLG Quantum Boards..NO regrets with either and the Meizhis grew great weed. Their "450" drew 175 watts from the wall and they post that on the label for all to read..Not like many of the others I am afraid..
Happy growing..

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
So conclusion?
Does it make better weed?
Taste
Smell
Thc levels
Cola size
Yield watt / gram?
All of these factors vs cost per run
If anyone has those numbers I’d be interested as the price point is nice on that product

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

So conclusion?
Does it make better weed?
Taste
Smell
Thc levels
Cola size
Yield watt / gram?
All of these factors vs cost per run
If anyone has those numbers I’d be interested as the price point is nice on that product
Sorry @Jack og were you speaking about the Meizhis or Vipars? If the Meizhis I only have my subjective opinion..They grew good weed that did the job for me (I don't sell) and I was happy..Never have anything tested here..too expensive, but TBH..I have always been curious. I think the Burples add something to the taste, but I could not ever prove it..

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Sorry @Jack og were you speaking about the Meizhis or Vipars? If the Meizhis I only have my subjective opinion..They grew good weed that did the job for me (I don't sell) and I was happy..Never have anything tested here..too expensive, but TBH..I have always been curious. I think the Burples add something to the taste, but I could not ever prove it..
Vipar

S

Shawnery

I dont doubt you're getting good quality, good looking stuff but I have a terrible time believing your getting the same weight from 459 watts at the wall and 600 watts at the wall. If you are than all that shit about blurples being shit would be shit itself.

I'd be really interested in seeing some objective qualitative results comparing unique variables to Cannabis.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’m going to be using them to flower here shortly. I’ve got a cob led to supplement then so it won’t be all vispar lights. Just bought a 5k cob led to give more blue and white spectrum in my grow rack. I’ll post the results.

S

Shawnery

I’m going to be using them to flower here shortly. I’ve got a cob led to supplement then so it won’t be all vispar lights. Just bought a 5k cob led to give more blue and white spectrum in my grow rack. I’ll post the results.

It would be an interesting test, if you have multiple plants, to wall off one plant or area and run the two separately.

Then post results of quality, taste, weight and looks. I'd try it but I don't have one of those lights.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I don’t really have the space to do that. But I will soon. I’m running one rack right now and will have another up and running shortly after we pass the recreational marijuana law in November. So I’ll absolutely do a test then as my second rack has just one vispar in it and I could easily wall off 1/2 of it for the test.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I’m actually testing Homedepot 2’ flower led light with 4 plants, outdoor greenhouse supplement , so far it looks like it’s ok. No gold medal or anything but for supplement it is doing its thing. We have morning and evening fog so the light is low

6B627058 4A68 4871 A986 DD0048FED0F5
6C811DD5 2AE8 47B3 AA4E 8B4EBE225E19
E6C5E87D A731 4759 BB20 4789B95AA2EE
D2F69D45 40A8 4693 AE36 EBED049279AF
S

Shawnery

Are pistils that big a side effect of proper growing techniques or more due to genetics?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Are pistils that big a side effect of proper growing techniques or more due to genetics?
Better growing and it’s a true og. I reveg all og to get the stretch and it’s been fed kelp (notrozime) helps the node development and larger pistil formation
( higher n value throughout the cycle achieves these, use fish emulsion all through the grow life)

Last edited:
Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

20180702 215914
20180702 215932

So here's a couple pics of a side by side of a 600hps and the 900 "rated" vipar. (The one that pulls 450 out of the wall. I got very similar yield out of them, but the quality under the vipar was actually better, and it's a lot easier on the electric bill as it draws less power and creates a hell of a lot less heat.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
View attachment 829279 View attachment 829280
So here's a couple pics of a side by side of a 600hps and the 900 "rated" vipar. (The one that pulls 450 out of the wall. I got very similar yield out of them, but the quality under the vipar was actually better, and it's a lot easier on the electric bill as it draws less power and creates a hell of a lot less heat.

Very nice comparison. Any comparison of weight, taste, smell, effects, quality?

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Like I said weight is pretty equal, I forget the actual numbers I just remember to being very close so what for watt the led won out in my setup, as for quality everything I put under that light is more frosty than under an hps, and it seems to be slightly more pungent too, another thing I noticed is stem tenacity or strength. The stems look more vigorous under the vipar also.

Top Bottom