Oregon Cannabis Laws What A Cluster....

• Thread starter DGP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

Every year I re-read the law and the amendments and the rule making documents to insure I am operating as a licensed grower and patient. I think what happened here in Oregon is what happens when big money is involved and the people writing the laws and rules don't know sh#t about the world of cannabis as medicine.

I read the law over and over and find poorly written sections or others that seem to contradict a whole different section. Then the rule-making that the law allows the Oregon Health Administration to draft are even more confusing & problematic. The things that annoy me are:

1. Changes in possession limits (the rule-making committee can swizzle stuff whenever they feel like it)
2. Changes in plant limits that make no damn sense (hey, the canopy size is really more relevant than plant count)
3. Laws and rules that are so badly written that they can't be interpreted except by a lawyer (well maybe)

Here is an example of some stupidity "A mature marijuana plant is any plant that is not an immature marijuana plant"

But they specify and immature plant as only ones that are 24" tall or taller. SO what are the rooted clones seedlings and smaller plants? They don't exist? They don't count them? what?

Here is another one shown below from our latest sages at the state:

Rulemaking issue

So If I kind of go after this in a literally (and logically) way, it seems to say: A person responsible for a Marijuana grow (assigned to a patient) can make certain concentrates/extract but the caregiver can't, but can help. Then in other parts of the law it says nobody can extract without a special license (which is all but impossible to get without dump trucks full of cash). I am not talking about explosive methods either cause there are several ways that are completely safe.

So we can grow our meds but we cant make meds out of the plant. I personally don't like to smoke (it makes me cough a lot) but they are saying that is all I can do without sending my stuff to a processor? The law is so convoluted and some paragraphs end up sounding either contradictory or circular (arguments). I just want to follow the law and have my own organic meds that I know were made right and not contaminated. I just don't trust commercial growers or processors to do the right thing and deliver a safe clean product.

So, we are supposed to buy oils and concentrates that are likely to be contaminated with all manner of things they cant detect or are not on the test list but we can't solve that by making are own. In one section of the law they ban extracting and isolating individual components of cannabis not realizing that many of the constituents of cannabis exist in fruits and vegetables. What we can't extract licopene from tomatoes? Are we going to need a grower card for the damn tomatoes now?

At first Oregon banned extracting because dumb asses keep making explosions and fires. but how does anyone get hurt or potentially could be damaged by say bubble or dry ice processing? I guess it is a follow the money type of thing cause I can't see why mechanical extraction or water/steam extraction is a problem. Yes, I think making RSO is entirely safe but there is always one dumb ass around I guess. Your can set a baked Alaska dessert on fire in your own house with Everclear for a gourmet meal but you can't make oil out of it. Ohhhh, the hypocrisy.

Need to buy a bunch of duct tape for my skull to keep my head from exploding.

D

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

DGP
Greetings
I agree. Out of hand Regulations.

Myself,
ommp Cardholder,
Making it
Impossable locating a Grower
Chrones Disease Chronic illness.

I pay ALL FEES.

Regulations are our of control.
Thank you.
G.

Listen buddy. This is going to be the last time i have to babysit your posts.

One last time
DO NOT ASK FOR ANYTHING BUT HELP (with growing or the like, not products!) AGAIN. ONCE MORE AND YOU GET A PERMINATE VACATION TO BANNED CAMP

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Listen buddy. This is going to be the last time i have to babysit your posts.

One last time
DO NOT ASK FOR ANYTHING BUT HELP (with growing or the like, not products!) AGAIN. ONCE MORE AND YOU GET A PERMINATE VACATION TO BANNED CAMP
This one time at banned camp there was this girl with a flute. Needless to say i was shocked.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Every year I re-read the law and the amendments and the rule making documents to insure I am operating as a licensed grower and patient. I think what happened here in Oregon is what happens when big money is involved and the people writing the laws and rules don't know sh#t about the world of cannabis as medicine.

I read the law over and over and find poorly written sections or others that seem to contradict a whole different section. Then the rule-making that the law allows the Oregon Health Administration to draft are even more confusing & problematic. The things that annoy me are:

1. Changes in possession limits (the rule-making committee can swizzle stuff whenever they feel like it)
2. Changes in plant limits that make no damn sense (hey, the canopy size is really more relevant than plant count)
3. Laws and rules that are so badly written that they can't be interpreted except by a lawyer (well maybe)

Here is an example of some stupidity "A mature marijuana plant is any plant that is not an immature marijuana plant"

But they specify and immature plant as only ones that are 24" tall or taller. SO what are the rooted clones seedlings and smaller plants? They don't exist? They don't count them? what?

Here is another one shown below from our latest sages at the state:

View attachment 774133

So If I kind of go after this in a literally (and logically) way, it seems to say: A person responsible for a Marijuana grow (assigned to a patient) can make certain concentrates/extract but the caregiver can't, but can help. Then in other parts of the law it says nobody can extract without a special license (which is all but impossible to get without dump trucks full of cash). I am not talking about explosive methods either cause there are several ways that are completely safe.

So we can grow our meds but we cant make meds out of the plant. I personally don't like to smoke (it makes me cough a lot) but they are saying that is all I can do without sending my stuff to a processor? The law is so convoluted and some paragraphs end up sounding either contradictory or circular (arguments). I just want to follow the law and have my own organic meds that I know were made right and not contaminated. I just don't trust commercial growers or processors to do the right thing and deliver a safe clean product.

So, we are supposed to buy oils and concentrates that are likely to be contaminated with all manner of things they cant detect or are not on the test list but we can't solve that by making are own. In one section of the law they ban extracting and isolating individual components of cannabis not realizing that many of the constituents of cannabis exist in fruits and vegetables. What we can't extract licopene from tomatoes? Are we going to need a grower card for the damn tomatoes now?

At first Oregon banned extracting because dumb asses keep making explosions and fires. but how does anyone get hurt or potentially could be damaged by say bubble or dry ice processing? I guess it is a follow the money type of thing cause I can't see why mechanical extraction or water/steam extraction is a problem. Yes, I think making RSO is entirely safe but there is always one dumb ass around I guess. Your can set a baked Alaska dessert on fire in your own house with Everclear for a gourmet meal but you can't make oil out of it. Ohhhh, the hypocrisy.

Need to buy a bunch of duct tape for my skull to keep my head from exploding.

D
It’s all good bro. All us medical growers are strapped now. Don’t use duct tape, zip ties work way better.

Top Bottom