"organic Matters" > Collective Methods

• Thread starter Organikz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

Hey thanks for all the info...currently just veg 1-3 ft then sell them to local growers ...ppl also like getting rooted oasis cubes for quantity amounts
True that! Every once in awhile i drive up to San Francisco to pick up cuts but I only drive if I have enough time to stop in Santa Cruz and surf otherwise I fly. But I've got cuts from all over and the best I've got comes from San Francisco, unless I want Strawberry Cough then I grab that from Kyle kushman in holyhood! And speaking of that I would prefer vegan bottled nutes over synthetic cuz they're derived from plant material.

You can make good cheddar from clones!
The only two tips I'll give how to grow a solid reputation... make sure you have elite Cuts or Finders, don't just pop seeds from a strain and push them. Just like parents that have kids they're not all alike. The next tip remember bugs only come in because you bring them in they don't appear out of the blue be vigilant on your routine don't go from outside to inside, filter intake. I couldn't begin to tell you how many horrible clone dealers are in SoCal

jewsh808

jewsh808

True that! Every once in awhile i drive up to San Francisco to pick up cuts but I only drive if I have enough time to stop in Santa Cruz and surf otherwise I fly. But I've got cuts from all over and the best I've got comes from San Francisco, unless I want Strawberry Cough then I grab that from Kyle kushman in holyhood! And speaking of that I would prefer vegan bottled nutes over synthetic cuz they're derived from plant material.

You can make good cheddar from clones!
The only two tips I'll give how to grow a solid reputation... make sure you have elite Cuts or Finders, don't just pop seeds from a strain and push them. Just like parents that have kids they're not all alike. The next tip remember bugs only come in because you bring them in they don't appear out of the blue be vigilant on your routine don't go from outside to inside, filter intake. I couldn't begin to tell you how many horrible clone dealers are in SoCal

Feel ya...its a bit tougher in Hawaii... Lots of shit comes in on barges that cross the ocean...lots of shit in those containers.. certain synthetics are crystallized in the bottle by the time they get here...the next step is putting a carbon filter on my intake vent coming from outside...but yes I need roots and roots fast for what I do...I do use synthetics sometimes cause they work fast...Elite 91 nutrients has been a recent game changer for me

jewsh808

jewsh808

Feel ya...its a bit tougher in Hawaii... Lots of shit comes in on barges that cross the ocean...lots of shit in those containers.. certain synthetics are crystallized in the bottle by the time they get here...the next step is putting a carbon filter on my intake vent coming from outside...but yes I need roots and roots fast for what I do...I do use synthetics sometimes cause they work fast...Elite 91 nutrients has been a recent game changer for me
Yeah I alternate foliar spraying...nuke em and a za max alternating every 3-4 days depending o...I do have it under control quite well...but in hawaii, I feel like preventative maintenance is more important....nothing dies here no seasons ...humid everywhere

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

What is in crab meal is chitin. Chitin is found between layers of carbonate. As the layers are decomposed they chitin is converted into chitinase via enzymes. Chitinase literally dissolves the exoskeleton of pest insects.

Malted barley has chitinase ready to go and melt some buggies.

DE is microscopic glass but as soon as it gets wet it's useless.

I've got a coots style 15 gallon notill going in a small cab.
Used buldasoils coots amendment.
Barley straw and clover cover crop.
I use MBP and insect frass as a top dress.
I love insect frass and it has chitinase in it.
Have not had flyers yet!!!

O

OrganicPro

Small case of russet mites. Any advice guys? Barely noticed it today. Will start spraying 3 times a week instead of 2 to keep the numbers down. Will be alternating between trifecta and venerate.

O

OrganicPro

Small case of russet mites. Any advice guys? Barely noticed it today. Will start spraying 3 times a week instead of 2 to keep the numbers down. Will be alternating between trifecta and venerate.
And also what is saponin? And karanja? Mind adding pictures of the products? Thanks in advance

sixstring

sixstring

if its actually russetts i wouldnt fuck with any home remedy stuff,burn them bitchs,cut your loses,clean the piss out of evverything and pop some new stuff.not your standard audition mites,russetts are very very hard to get a handle on indoors without very harsh shit you wont want to smoke.

O

OrganicPro

if its actually russetts i wouldnt fuck with any home remedy stuff,burn them bitchs,cut your loses,clean the piss out of evverything and pop some new stuff.not your standard audition mites,russetts are very very hard to get a handle on indoors without very harsh shit you wont want to smoke.
This isn't no little 6 plant garden lol. It's a fully automated light dep greenhouse with about 350 plants. About 3 plants have very slight russet damage on bottom Branches. It's in one area, have already removed the infected plants. Thanks for your input, but No I Will Not Give Up And Accept My Losses. That's probably something you do but not me. I've had slight russet damage before and I was able to manage it but just trying to see what other methods there are.

sixstring

sixstring

This isn't no little 6 plant garden lol. It's a fully automated light dep greenhouse with about 350 plants. About 3 plants have very slight russet damage on bottom Branches. It's in one area, have already removed the infected plants. Thanks for your input, but No I Will Not Give Up And Accept My Losses. That's probably something you do but not me. I've had slight russet damage before and I was able to manage it but just trying to see what other methods there are.
oh i gotcha now,you got a bigboy grow so you dont need any advice from any of us lil peewee growers,cool then
IPM!!!! You shouldn't get mites in the first place!!
maybe take your own advice,do some google searches on karanja lol. hint,theres a very good thread on russetts here.gl

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

I will tell you a secret i just recently learned from coot himself. He is seeing MBP on its own to be effective enough. Crab meal and insect frass are expernsive and he isnt using it. Matter of fact tad hussey, the owner of kiss organics is experimenting with soil amended with only barley and lime. Seems to be having good results.

Thanks for the info!!!
I respect cootsexperiance and will drop insec frass next run to see if that will work in my situation
Peace

F

FunkyG

Well I have tried everything to get rid of the damn fungus gnats. I have beat them back but then they come back x2. Mosquito dunks, captain jacks, neem cake, soap nut tea, karanja cake, MBP, stickies, nematodes. I ordered caps foliar pack. I hope its what everyone cracks it up to be. I got 16 ounces for 60 bucks.

a Nematode/Lady Bug combo will do the trick.. Nematodes for the larvae and lady bugs for the flyers..

I also use an Enzyme Cleaner for a foliar spray I get from BAS called Tweet Mint.. Basically peppermint oil and enzymes. The plants seem to love it and I've seen a few dead gnats sitting on leaves this morning.. First time I've ever had to use it..

I'm still looking for a quality nematode supplier that someone has verified as high quality under a scope.

Last edited:
brazel

brazel

a Nematode/Lady Bug combo will do the trick.. Nematodes for the larvae and lady bugs for the flyers..

I also use an Enzyme Cleaner for a foliar spray I get from BAS called Tweet Mint.. Basically peppermint oil and enzymes. The plants seem to love it and I've seen a few dead gnats sitting on leaves this morning.. First time I've ever had to use it..

I'm still looking for a quality nematode supplier that someone has verified as high quality under a scope.
You don't find the quality of nematodes from BAS good?

Top Bottom