Origin Of Solistek Digital Ballasts?

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I just received my package with 5 SolisTek digital ballasts. I went with ST due to great reviews thus far and the fact that they are touted to be of Japanese origin and that swayed me as we all know the Japanese are very good with a lot of things and electronics and circuitry are one of them. In addition in my mind they have better QA/QC with their goods in relation to Chinese manufactured goods.

Was blown away when I got my package and the outside of the packing box indicated the goods were manufactured in China!!!

WTF gives with that? I just fired off a email to ST to inquire whats up. I will and can take pics of the shipping box if you all want.

Does anyone have any input? Are ST ballasts built in Japan or China??? If I get a reply from ST I will share it with the community for future reference. Peace

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

Everything is built in China........

Sux but honestly their manufacturing base encompasses all these days. Even things "made" in America are usually assembled using parts sourced from China

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

^^^^^lmao i actually dry heaved when i saw how much the gold standard ballast was baba! I have yet to hear any bad reports on solistek, and honestly i was considering switching from my old mag equipment(hey man it ran so solid for so long it was hard to let go) that ive run since like 2008ish, So i will be paying attention.

L

Lanorexic

Solis Tek uses Japanese parts in their ballasts. They never claimed they're made in Japan. They work rather well actually. Lots of tv interference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom