Osa Nutrient Additive Out Of Rhode Island! Is 5 Gallons Worth $4700?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

I just chopped my first run with OSA28. I only used it up until the end of stretch, and I gotta say that I am 100% onboard.

My WiFi Alien has NEVER stacked this well. I also saw my leaf count rise from 5 to 9. Which says a lot to me considering she hasn't put out anything other than 5's for about a year now. View attachment 585678
looks fkn amazing bro! i only got 4 more days and im gonna start cracking my seeds for this years guerilla run. i cant wait to use this stuff! i also picked up some the PUSH foliar to go with it.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I just chopped my first run with OSA28. I only used it up until the end of stretch, and I gotta say that I am 100% onboard.

My WiFi Alien has NEVER stacked this well. I also saw my leaf count rise from 5 to 9. Which says a lot to me considering she hasn't put out anything other than 5's for about a year now. View attachment 585678

hell yea. Can we get a smoke report? You notice a difference?

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

@CelticEBE @Kygiacomo @Rootbound @motherlode Thanks for your support guys! Have you tried Deep6 yet? If not hit us up on DM and we'll send you out a little to play with.
hey bro thanks for the T-shirt! i just got my package in today with the deep6. i have 3 day old seedlings right now in jiffy pellets. When would u recommend i can start applying the Osa/28 and deep6 without any risk of damage to my babies?

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
@Kygiacomo No problem! You can use them both early as you want. Never had reports of damage on babies. Deep6 will benefit most on the cuttings though. Definitely get both on at first roots and/or foliar at any time to help manage stress.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

@Kygiacomo No problem! You can use them both early as you want. Never had reports of damage on babies. Deep6 will benefit most on the cuttings though. Definitely get both on at first roots and/or foliar at any time to help manage stress.
cool thanks bro! i'll start them on the deep6 and osa/28 once i see their tap root coming out the jiffy pellet just so i wont be wasting any.

vangs

vangs

im running osa at 7ml per 5gal, im getting good results, is it overkill, should i just use .6 per gal or can i continue running osa at the rate im using?

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
im running osa at 7ml per 5gal, im getting good results, is it overkill, should i just use .6 per gal or can i continue running osa at the rate im using?

Yeah that's a bit high for regular use. You can probably cut in half long as you're hitting them 2 times per week.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

im seeing great results at .6/gal for drench and 1ml per 1 liter of spray. mix in a little sea-green and watch the magic happen

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

You could be just becoming a better grower ??? one has to realize there are 16 elements consistently found to be necessary for a plant to complete its life cycle from start to finish to say one element in this case Silica to be the game changer is honestly non sense Silica in not the only element the builds cell walls
TBH there is less then 0.5 percent silica in leaf matter so where is it going but down the drain money well spent ??? i think not
People keep it simple and fun
So your spending a shit load where as if you had a good Carbon cycle in your soil that in fact will do you much better and most importantly cheaper
Sooner growers learn that CEC in your medium ,, is much more important then anything else..
You will in fact level up and become a Jedi Warrior

PS Silica is not in the essential element group either meaning its not needed to grow our beloved plants
2 weeks under T5 and 2 weeks under 600 and flip look at the stalk growth with out Silica but proper CEC and carbon cycle would love to see a stalk of a 4 week old plant this size with silica not going to see it i bet ???
But to each there own if you think it makes a difference open your wallets and enjoy View attachment 594239
I've been running Veg+Bloom for a little over a year and half now, and have steady GREAT results. However with the added OSA 28. I saw my yields increase, without a decrease in quality. I have to look at what I did different between this last run, and the run before and there were TWO things. The OSA, and the fact that my girlfriend left.

Considering I run Coco, I have been reusing the same coco for years now, I run one of the LEAST expensive nutrient lines I have ever seen.....spending a little more for silicon that is IMMEDIATELY available and I see noticeable results from.....makes sense to me.

I realize there is NO magic bullet in this game. You can have all the high tech doo dads and thing a ma jigs in the world, but if you don't have a passion for the plant you will get shit results.

I tried it....I liked it.....and when it has as much of an impact in increased yields as I saw on my last run......I'm gonna keep using it. I don't care what the haters say.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

I've been running Veg+Bloom for a little over a year and half now, and have steady GREAT results. However with the added OSA 28. I saw my yields increase, without a decrease in quality. I have to look at what I did different between this last run, and the run before and there were TWO things. The OSA, and the fact that my girlfriend left.

Considering I run Coco, I have been reusing the same coco for years now, I run one of the LEAST expensive nutrient lines I have ever seen.....spending a little more for silicon that is IMMEDIATELY available and I see noticeable results from.....makes sense to me.

I realize there is NO magic bullet in this game. You can have all the high tech doo dads and thing a ma jigs in the world, but if you don't have a passion for the plant you will get shit results.

I tried it....I liked it.....and when it has as much of an impact in increased yields as I saw on my last run......I'm gonna keep using it. I don't care what the haters say.
seems like lots of people on multi of fourms like to tell people how dumb they are for using certain nutrients and certain additives lol i just never could understand that! not like its coming out their pay check.. i dont worry what nothing costs that im interested in using or to test,because i know i will get my money back on everything i spend, off 1 plant and then some. maybe if i was a closet grower and just pulling a few ounces ever 90 days or so i would worry about the costs..the cost of whatever i want to use gets re paid 1000x over for me since im pulling 5-7 pounds per year guerilla growing. i get 350$ per oz when i sale nothing but 25$ bags

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I am not hating TBH i really don't care if someone shits on there plants and claimed bigger yields ,, But looking at it at a business , point of view and where MJ is heading its all about cost efficiency a person would go bankrupt its all about growing at min cost specially as the pound prices start to drop in the years to come major drops as more states and countries go legal
You mention yields curious how much more you think you get ??? you mention Quality ??? has it been TESTED >???
And most importantly are you stressing your plants so much that it needs Silica or i should say what plants mono sillicic acid
with that it also reduces uptake of iron, And lets not forget the importance of Zinc to produce chlorophyll, convert startches to sugars and activates some carbohydrates seems really important to me
same thing applies with iron ,, adding to much Silica will only tip the balance
We must understand EARTH , LIFE runs on a fine balance start tipping it one way or other and look out ..
Truth is marijuana is a weak accumulator of Silica
Personally and honestly C02 Vs silica there be no contest C02
would destroy mono acid / Silica in all groups of growth rates , yields , etc etc

As people get to understanding plant biology rather then new growers cutting corners thinking that some product is going to jump them ahead in the growing game as in yield and quality
I am not pin pointing Osa i am pointing the finger at all fertilizer companies grasping at what ever to make a buck and lure in the new growers and some older growers as well its a fucking Gimmic out there
Stuff they do not want you to know i mean look at this bud fertilizer cost 0 fed water only start to finish now that is what i am talking about

My yields increased from 1.6 to 1.85 per light. Did I used to hit higher numbers running CO2, absolutely! However I spent more money trying to cool sealed rooms than I do using a passive intake method, not to mention the fact that my quality has gone up tremendously since I stopped using CO2.

Right around day 10 in flower I go through and get rid of anything that in my opinion just isn't going to produce. I also pinch the hell out each branch that I am keeping, and then stake it. So in answer to your question, yes, I feel I am causing enough stress on the plant to warrant the need for the available silicon.

I'm not here to measure my dick against yours. That's not what any of this is about for me. I've been here on the Farm for about 7 years now and have learned so much from the people here, that when something comes my way, and I learn about something that helps me....I share it with others.

In a business sense....OSA makes sense to me. On a 4 light room I saw an increase of a solid UNIT. Figure in that the ONLY change in nutrients was the OSA and I used a little under 4 oz.....which cost me about 50 bucks. I'd say that little 50 dollar bottle paid for itself in spades.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

just to be fair...since your girlfriend dumped you, have you spent more time in your grow?

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

just to be fair...since your girlfriend dumped you, have you spent more time in your grow?
She didn't dump me, it was a mutual decision, and to be honest I think I spent about the same amount of time in the rooms as I did before.

On the note of her not being around though I will say this. She was a very anxiety rid person who constantly thought the cops were going to bust down the door and put us under the jail, even though we are in full compliance with state and local regs. With that being said, I am a FIRM believer in energy transference and that plants are sponges.

So....do I think her being gone had an affect on plant health and yield? Sure I do.

I also believe that the available silicon in OSA28 had an affect on plant health and yield as well.

Let me restate this!!!

I do NOT think OSA is a magic bullet, by any means! I have been running the same nutrients for almost 2 years now, with very little fluctuations. I have also maintained the same environment settings. The only big changes that I made between my last run and the run before were the OSA.....and the fact that negative nancy kicked rocks. I think both of those things contributed to higher yields, and I am grateful.

What I do think the OSA did to my WiFi Alien.....is made her stack better, which as you and I both know is going to help with yield.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

1ml per liter for foliar spray? do you foliar and drench together?
i have been doing foliar and drench right now where the babys are still small. once they get to their final plots and they get taller i will just switch to drenching them until week 6 of flower. i will water them in the AM with a drench and the evening time i give them a folair but i dont think it would hurt to do folair and drench at the same time.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Celt that is great that you think Silica alone provided better overall yields but being Frank here I would say you just are becoming better grower, and reading your plants better ..
Out of curiosity how much did it cost per run of this product to get 1/4 pound more in product if i understand you numbers correctly or 4 oz
Curious here lets say it cost a person how much ??? and it cost 430bucks for another light lets make it 1215 DE unit would it not increase yields possibly by 48 oz rather then 4 oz gain i mean some ways to increase yields is adding more light and 1215 watt nano lux DE unit lands 3 + every time for only 435 dollars one time shot and of course manipulating plants for lots of tops that has been known alone to get great results So i think that Silica played very little in you gains you have started manipulating plants like you said super crop the hell out of them that alone with out any supliments you will see gains of 4 - 8 oz per plant but your training plants and of course skills of dialing in a grow room was the key factor in your gains and most importantly is experience

I always wondered if MJ can be classified as a Brod leaf plant if so then like i said ,
tests have proven only 0.5 percent Silica is in leaf matter

Osa have you had leafs , buds tested for silica content or mono acid perentage ?? really curious or has anyone ????
Because i think if there is truly very little amounts of it then this whole theory can be Bull shit
when we look at our trichomes what are they but chemical released from the plant to PROTECT SEED and only SEED we figured out the benefits of it lol its real purpose is to protect seed from predators , pathogens etc
Its the plant that releases Chemicals through the root system to attract beneficial organisms which also help in combating Disease etc its not what it really uptaked its what it repelled
There is always a war going on under the soil between plant and microbes truthfully speaking there both fighting on which one will actually protect the plant .
you truly want to up your game in all aspect never mind one element that plant hardly uses to begin with and study , and master mycorrhizal network

Ok, perhaps you didn't read what I had written. I used the OSA during my last week of Veg, and until the end of week 3 in flower. I used in total about 4 oz of OSA, which comes in right around 50 bucks. That's for a 4 light setup with 9 plants per light. On my previous run in this room, with the same genetics that I have been running for a few years now....I pulled 1.6 per light. On the run I used OSA28 I pulled 1.85 per light. So.....for 50 bucks more.....I saw an increase in a FULL UNIT!!! To me that makes GOOD BUSINESS SENSE!!!!!

Am I becoming a better grower? I hope so, I compete with one person on this planet.....MYSELF. I strive to become better and better at what I do everyday.

I do somewhat of a mainline topping method and not really a whole lot of super cropping, but more or less pinch the shit out of the plants in between each node so that the plant is forced to repair itself. This stimulates auxins, and gives the IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE silicon something to work on.

Do I think my buds have more weight because of more silicon? No

Do I think my plants stacked better and as a result I saw increased yields? Absolutely

I've been working this WiFi Alien for a while now. I know her fairly well....and I know that the OSA made a difference in how she stacked. You don't have to believe me. I could care less. But if it HELPS one person on here.....then I am stoked.

osa28

osa28

THCFarmer Sponsor
Celt that is great that you think Silica alone provided better overall yields but being Frank here I would say you just are becoming better grower, and reading your plants better ..
Out of curiosity how much did it cost per run of this product to get 1/4 pound more in product if i understand you numbers correctly or 4 oz
Curious here lets say it cost a person how much ??? and it cost 430bucks for another light lets make it 1215 DE unit would it not increase yields possibly by 48 oz rather then 4 oz gain i mean some ways to increase yields is adding more light and 1215 watt nano lux DE unit lands 3 + every time for only 435 dollars one time shot and of course manipulating plants for lots of tops that has been known alone to get great results So i think that Silica played very little in you gains you have started manipulating plants like you said super crop the hell out of them that alone with out any supliments you will see gains of 4 - 8 oz per plant but your training plants and of course skills of dialing in a grow room was the key factor in your gains and most importantly is experience

I always wondered if MJ can be classified as a Brod leaf plant if so then like i said ,
tests have proven only 0.5 percent Silica is in leaf matter

Osa have you had leafs , buds tested for silica content or mono acid perentage ?? really curious or has anyone ????
Because i think if there is truly very little amounts of it then this whole theory can be Bull shit
when we look at our trichomes what are they but chemical released from the plant to PROTECT SEED and only SEED we figured out the benefits of it lol its real purpose is to protect seed from predators , pathogens etc
Its the plant that releases Chemicals through the root system to attract beneficial organisms which also help in combating Disease etc its not what it really uptaked its what it repelled
There is always a war going on under the soil between plant and microbes truthfully speaking there both fighting on which one will actually protect the plant .
you truly want to up your game in all aspect never mind one element that plant hardly uses to begin with and study , and master mycorrhizal network

This is a great discussion! Thank you for input everyone. Remember that improving results of any kind is never a one trick pony... no magic bullets! One weak spoke and the wheel turns slower. Many silicic acid actions create secondary benefits, much like the way a catalyst facilitate a chemical reaction by being there but isn't really a part of it...

@KillingTime You are correct that silicon accumulation is a quite small percentage of dry weight in cannabis--as with most dicots. But simple weight isn't the only way yields are shown to increase. Also correct that CO2 outperforms silicic acid on yield; but that's like saying a quarterback does a better job of scoring that a center, so the center doesn't matter.

The "essential element" list is has a very narrow definition (basically: needed to survive and reproduce). Just like food, the daily RDI is not the optimal amount of a compound, it's the "don't get scurvy" levels. Survive versus thrive.

1) Silicic acid is also shown to help convert nitrates into amino acids and protein, which contribute to weight. Suppressing plant sap nitrate level increases Brix and raises pH, both of which contribute to quality and defense systems.

2) It also creates a strong vascular system (through xylem cell structure rigidity) which allows better uptake and transport of other nutrients. More building blocks, more mass.

3) Due to better cell structure (with the help of calcium), leaves are mechanically more resistant to fungal infections and penetrating pests.

4) Silicic acid is also shown to assist in osmoregulation, due to better cell structure. The larger vascular system allows more water and nutrients in > higher respiration increases CO2 absorption > structural enhancements increase canopy light exposure > higher photosynthesis increases sugar production > faster creation of plant fibers and root exudates (increasing microbial activity and secondary metabolites).

5) Then there's the stress reduction--silicic acid is shown to activate immunity genes, increasing defense response against disease and pest pressure. It accumulates at higher rates under mechanical stress (watch the knuckles form after breaking) and in general creates strong plants less affected.

And yes microbes are CRUCIAL in your growing media. The challenge with silicon is that most forms in the soil are minimally reactive (like sand) and thus requires a lot of energy to break apart. Silicic acid production can and does occur in good soils with established microlife and solid organic chemistry. This is not the environment with most indoor cultivations.

Just like supplements needed for other nutrients deleted from a 5 gallon pot of soil, silicic acid is important for optimal growth. Since plants don't "need" silicon, it's not the first priority for the plant--yes the plant cultures the proper microbes (through targeted exudates) for what it most needs.

@CelticEBE Great explanation of the effect of a woman on a garden. I think them bitches just get jealous of each other!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

This is a great discussion! Thank you for input everyone. Remember that improving results of any kind is never a one trick pony... no magic bullets! One weak spoke and the wheel turns slower. Many silicic acid actions create secondary benefits, much like the way a catalyst facilitate a chemical reaction by being there but isn't really a part of it...

@CelticEBE Great explanation of the effect of a woman on a garden. I think them bitches just get jealous of each other!

Not all of em, and I know my share of women who excel in growing great herb.

Something OrgnKid shared with me a while back, and it makes total sense to me. "If you don't have love in your heart, the plant will know it". Probably the most important piece of advice I have ever gotten from any grower.

Thanks for breaking the science aspect down!

Latest posts

Top Bottom