Outdoor Gg#4 Covered In Single Leaflets

• Thread starter LAoutdoor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LAoutdoor

Hi, I am new here. I am seeing if y'all know a reason my GG#4 would be covered in single leaflets? It was a clone and is doing very well. It started flowering about a month ago (planted march 19th) and at most there are leaves with 3 leaflets, but those are sparse. I have it on blumats and a regular feeding schedule so it has never been water stressed and stays well fed. It just seems odd to me. I heard that if you clone a plant in flower that it has been known to only put out single leaflets. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Outdoor gg4 covered in single leaflets
S

Socalking

It does that when reverting or confused, was it indoors at one time? Did you drastically change the amount of light it gets? Usually when it does this, it takes a longer time to bud, sometimes they bud just fine.
I have a whole buncha plants doing this, they are from seed but they were indoors, once the schedule changed they were confused and began doing this, they now look fine but with "duck feet" (3 bladed leaves)
If A plant is not hardened off to the sunlight gradually from indoors it will do this as well. Usually has nothing to do with nutes. The plant you see here has been doing duckfeet for almost a month, it is now starting to stretch before eventually going into bloom... very slowly going into bloom might i add haha.

L

LAoutdoor

That is so interesting that it may be strain related. I have not light stressed it at all, it has not moved since being planted.

P

PaulWood

All of my strains from clone did it. Apparently I put out too early a, or from an indoor light cycle that did. Not match the out door. Either way. Live and learn. Next year will be starting indoors to help ease transition.

S

Socalking

Planting outside too early in the year seems to do the same thing from time to time on some of my heavy indicas

BudBogart

BudBogart

Throwing singles and threes are definite results of improper light transition. If it's a clone it most definitely was propagated indoors and possibly under 24 hour lighting, possibly as low as 18 hours light and 6 hours dark cycle.
Before placing a clone outside, or a seedling germinated under artificial lights, aka indoors, the plant must be slowly acclimated to the reduction of time under light it faces when planted outdoors.
If the plant is not slowly adjusted it thinks that such a massive reduction of light means summer is quickly leaving and winter must be just around the corner. The plant tries to stop the leaf production and start producing flowers. After time, it again starts producing vegetation, then continues flowering at the normal flowering time. Mine still produced very acceptable bud, finished 10 days ahead of the rest. Hope this helps.

P

PaulWood

Throwing singles and threes are definite results of improper light transition. If it's a clone it most definitely was propagated indoors and possibly under 24 hour lighting, possibly as low as 18 hours light and 6 hours dark cycle.
Before placing a clone outside, or a seedling germinated under artificial lights, aka indoors, the plant must be slowly acclimated to the reduction of time under light it faces when planted outdoors.
If the plant is not slowly adjusted it thinks that such a massive reduction of light means summer is quickly leaving and winter must be just around the corner. The plant tries to stop the leaf production and start producing flowers. After time, it again starts producing vegetation, then continues flowering at the normal flowering time. Mine still produced very acceptable bud, finished 10 days ahead of the rest. Hope this helps.
Thank BB. Great info.

So am I correct in assuming that next year if I start to augment them outdoors with light, more matching the indoor cycle and slowly reduce it, say over a week or three, to the outdoor cycle I should avoid reveg and the missed month or 6 weeks of growth hat happened due to the confusion?

GANJA MONSTA

GANJA MONSTA

I have a indoor grow and I have a plant that's got a bunch of single leaflets but only on the top of the plant, also the single leaflets didn't start showing up until I was well into flower. Any ideas on what this could mean? Is it still light related? I'm using 8x 23watt CFL's.

Thank you for your time and any help!

P

PaulWood

I have a indoor grow and I have a plant that's got a bunch of single leaflets but only on the top of the plant, also the single leaflets didn't start showing up until I was well into flower. Any ideas on what this could mean? Is it still light related? I'm using 8x 23watt CFL's.

Thank you for your time and any help!
I'm outdoor only. Sorry

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

If your plants did this, you put them out way to early without light on them or didn't break them to the light difference better. Basically the plant doesn't know if it wants to veg or flower and is sick. Takes time to recover from all the stress.

Dr.Boots

Dr.Boots

LAoutdoor march 19 is too early to put clones outdoors if coming from 18/6 or 24/0,they want to start flowering once outdoors than the days start getting longer and longer

I had a set of crosses that did exactly this; they got confused as hell, turned into the craziest monsters I've ever seen with loose but developed buds and wild single and double leaves coming out all over like cockscombs. Good learning process; the plants ended up as bubble hash.

L

LAoutdoor

Thanks for all your insight everyone. I will ease them into outdoor next time and get them out a little later. The flowers are looking really good so far, so hopefully it won't be a wash. The plant is covered in tricomes so if nothing else it will make some good butter! I was wondering why it was flowering so early. The Blue Dream I have beside it is looking normal, with fan leaves and no signs of flower yet. They came from the same beginnings so perhaps the GG#4 is a bit more sensitive to it.

L

LAoutdoor

Here are some more pics of it, and some of the early flowers, it seems happy. Hopefully it won't be a loss.

IMG 1627
IMG 1628
IMG 1630
IMG 1632
Reactions: Ina
S

Socalking

It wont be a total loss, shoot you could cut those already and smokem! Any bud is better than no bud imho

BudBogart

BudBogart

Thank BB. Great info.

So am I correct in assuming that next year if I start to augment them outdoors with light, more matching the indoor cycle and slowly reduce it, say over a week or three, to the outdoor cycle I should avoid reveg and the missed month or 6 weeks of growth hat happened due to the confusion?
You are welcome. Yes, either augment your outdoor lighting or slowly reduce your indoor lighting to match what's going on outside will do the trick.

L

LAoutdoor

So it seems to have gotten better, about a week after I posted this it put out a bunch of duck feet and a few random 5 leaflet leaves, then really went into flower. The buds are a bit spaced out but look like they are forming ok. Definitely not a total loss, thanks again for everyone's input!

Reactions: Ina
tifosi

tifosi

Seeds are the easiest for outdoor pop them april 1 or later to avoid all the flower & reveg issues

L

LAoutdoor

Seeds are the easiest for outdoor pop them april 1 or later to avoid all the flower & reveg issues

Thanks, I may go with seeds next year, I have had some issues in the past with seeds that were supposed to be feminized and 60% were males. Any reputable seed sources would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom