Outdoor Harvest

• Thread starter Zroper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zroper

Hi all, O know I’m new but name is Zach been growing in Oregon for 3 years. And I’m sure this has been asked before but rain is coming tomorrow and for 3-4 days. The problem I have is should I harvest an almost ready plant. Cloudy trichomes only about 10% amber or see if it doesn’t get mold through this rain. I will be out of town this weekend so kinda need to decide to chop today or leave. No way to cover

no bals

no bals

That's always a tough call Zach. Take some, support everything for the extra weight of rain and wind, hope it doesn't mold, hope it doesn't wind up in the mud. The only sure thing is taking enough to ensure you have some. Only you can make that decision. It gets easier with experience but is always tough. Good luck.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Rain isn't the real issue here, it's bug damage that gets wet and creates the mold. If you have no bug damage keep pushin. I'm in NorCal an hour south of the border and it poured it's ass off last night. Plants aren't to happy this morning but they'll pull through it with the next 2 weeks of sunshine

Z

Zroper

Strains- GSC- this one needs more time for sure, hybrid
Cuvée- chopped a little a week ago and tried the first dried bud seemed racy paranoid high but no head ache overall ok. indica
Dr. W- damn close haven’t taken any. Hybrid
Sour Grape- Already cut and dried it was by all signs of the microscope ready. Indica Don hybrid
So yeah pretty sure I’m going to take the dr w. and cuvée. Ive been fighting pm since the rain a couple weeks ago and don’t really want to risk it.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
If 10% amber than take it down, why not? They get more chill after a month or so in the jars. Also this way you will not have nightmares about your plants when you are away.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hi all, O know I’m new but name is Zach been growing in Oregon for 3 years. And I’m sure this has been asked before but rain is coming tomorrow and for 3-4 days. The problem I have is should I harvest an almost ready plant. Cloudy trichomes only about 10% amber or see if it doesn’t get mold through this rain. I will be out of town this weekend so kinda need to decide to chop today or leave. No way to cover
Cut now. I’m in Hillsboro it’s pouring. I cut last weekend cause the dew was so thick in the morning the plants were soaked. I was starting to get bud rot.

Z

Zroper

Cut the indica completely and half the other. All time I had to process before leaving. My GSC still needs a week or two so hopefully no bud rot. I’ve sprayed with Nuke em to help prevent mold and mildew so we will see.

Latest posts

Top Bottom