Mixing some soil for 2016

2yds of nursery grade soil
24 bag of soil / FFOF-ROOTS ORGANIC - COCO
50lbs of roots organic worm castings
20lbs bat guano
25lbs of fish bone meal, azimite, kelp meal, oyster shell, blood meal
2 lbs epson salt
8oz of root magic (BPN) microhaizae

Looking good! Only difference here is i throw a tarp down in whatever im mixing so me and one other person can alternate lofting corners to mix it up.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Can you explain why you think this is a good soil mix? Why would you buy two different base mixes, the ffof and roots organic? Have you ever had this soil tested?
Ive tested myself, I didn't do a full test, only
Ph & NPK's ! As far as choosing 2 base soil ive found that ffof takes longer to dryout indoors so i added roots organic , thought I'd see how it does outside! Ok can you tell me why it isn't a good soil?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Not at all. I don't think that would be bad soil, I would just worry about overloading the soil. I have been searching for quite some time for somebody with soil tests on a mix like yours. Just curious. IMO, and just a hypothesis, but I would assume somebody would have taken soil tests on Supersoil, yet I have not found it.

I used to use stuff like the Rev or Supersoil. Now I am headed in a new direction, however I am still keeping my ears out for a soil test with a mix like yours. Hope that mix kills it for you.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

M
Not at all. I don't think that would be bad soil, I would just worry about overloading the soil. I have been searching for quite some time for somebody with soil tests on a mix like yours. Just curious. IMO, and just a hypothesis, but I would assume somebody would have taken soil tests on Supersoil, yet I have not found it.

I used to use stuff like the Rev or Supersoil. Now I am headed in a new direction, however I am still keeping my ears out for a soil test with a mix like yours. Hope that mix kills it for you.
This recipe is part of subcoo soil i added my own 2 cents to it , cant afford to $1300 worth of ffof & roots oraganic , right now the soil is still activating i pull the tarp off it looks like spider webs everywhere but it's actually a fungus that growing rapidly there :) i gonna add some diferents kinds of rock dust in there to give the plants a variety of nutrients & minerals (smorga's borg ) you could say! The test shows a high potash in soil , im investigating that !

madscrapper

madscrapper

What direction are u headed in if I may ask?
I also used to do rev's tlo,also sub's super soil...then I started making my own mixes..I liked using a sphagnum base and building from there.a bail of spag at my local home cheepo was only $11.but the 20 different amendments got costly.I'd use stuff like green sand and rock phos because it takes longer to brake down and become available, but I learned that the microbes broke down the spag fast and that raised pH.
I wanted faster growth and less cost so I went with coco and jacks salts for nutes.for $70 I was able to get my salts that I still have a year later.after some some trying different things I landed on 60/40 mix of coco and perlite.prevents salt build up.fast and strong growth. Haven't had any issues what so ever for a long time..even set up a drip emitter auto feed system on a timer that fed 3 times a day..but now I wanna evolve again and try bio coco.I wanna combine a living organic mix but in coco.I've done a little of this before the salts but just a bit.we have a really smart dude named ecompost that's doin this now.

Underthesun

Underthesun

Ph & NPK's ! As far as choosing 2 base soil ive found that ffof takes longer to dryout indoors so i added roots organic , thought I'd see how it does outside! Ok can you tell me why it isn't a good soil?

Cool, where did you get that soil test kit? Is that the Master Mosser Lee Kit for like $20? I've been looking for something like that.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

What direction are u headed in if I may ask?
I also used to do rev's tlo,also sub's super soil...then I started making my own mixes..I liked using a sphagnum base and building from there.a bail of spag at my local home cheepo was only $11.but the 20 different amendments got costly.I'd use stuff like green sand and rock phos because it takes longer to brake down and become available, but I learned that the microbes broke down the spag fast and that raised pH.
I wanted faster growth and less cost so I went with coco and jacks salts for nutes.for $70 I was able to get my salts that I still have a year later.after some some trying different things I landed on 60/40 mix of coco and perlite.prevents salt build up.fast and strong growth. Haven't had any issues what so ever for a long time..even set up a drip emitter auto feed system on a timer that fed 3 times a day..but now I wanna evolve again and try bio coco.I wanna combine a living organic mix but in coco.I've done a little of this before the salts but just a bit.we have a really smart dude named ecompost that's doin this now.
Well dog im lookin to make a soil that i can reuse, also organic i got all kind of stuff in ther im lookin into different kinds of rock dust give the a smorga's borg og trace, minerals ! Millions of rocks out there im sure they'll love that shit im gonna put this soil in a tester today or tomorrow to see how she grows!

@Ecompost

madscrapper

madscrapper

Well dog im lookin to make a soil that i can reuse, also organic i got all kind of stuff in ther im lookin into different kinds of rock dust give the a smorga's borg og trace, minerals ! Millions of rocks out there im sure they'll love that shit im gonna put this soil in a tester today or tomorrow to see how she grows!

@Ecompost
Azomite,rock phosphate, green sand,oyster shell...all great in reusable soils

Ecompost

Ecompost

@Ecompost
best way to use rocks is to make a bacteria mineral water. You do this by putting the rocks in a bag, angled rocks work best, but you can use dust if you have a fine bag. Add also some microbes. I use something called EM1, you can make this using rice wash water and time, milk and time, then molasseses or not. If you dont functionalize microbes with rocks, they will take forever to be of value, if you wont get it 1st time, you might start by run 2-3 if you keep the same media. I use the same 20L pot of soil mate, it has produced $2.5K worth of product from the same media and I am just growing a new plant in her now see here, her back is just breaking the surface amind a dense layer of fungus, Trichoderma, Undisclosed DSE and Mycorrhiza spp

Ecompost

Ecompost

if you test, this is most of the work done :-) well done you, if I had Eco badges, you'd get one for this test alone :-)

Ecompost

Ecompost

here is my coco peat blend, didnt add anything else as I use teas, startch, kelp, fish, BMW, FSW, and FPJ's and plenty of microbes. I took a root sample and grew some trichoderma on it to show you how awesome trichoderma is.
The last shot shows a new back breaking ground amid a dense fungal network. The fungus is mainly Trichoderma spp, Myco spp and some undisclosed DSE fungi

20160117 200454
Trichoderma
Trichoderma
20160122 083447
Top Bottom