Outdoor Supersoil

• Thread starter GrowingGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

i got 18 2in pots ready,waiting on best plant date,we gonna get some slips going for colder weather,mine are just starting to bulb in both gardens,first time growing them this way,ive always grown the green onions ya snack on with meals,lmao
Im thinkin of puttin onions in tomorrow after you said so, i got carrots in pots already they’re are poppin green leaf now, potatoes are 1” sprouts yukon gold & red taters!

Ecompost

Ecompost

same here ,ive lived in this metroplex for 6 years now,damn mid 50 at nights and mid 80's in day,freaking pollen out the ass,damn oak has been killing us,funny shit,during ceder season,all the pollen blows into the city,and spring there oak pollen blows in on us,lol freaking garden been loving it though,im about ready to replant some of the veggies for a second round,lol
yeah mine are going great now, the red kuri squashes are rampant, like weeks ahead of anything else

Ecompost

Ecompost

Im thinkin of puttin onions in tomorrow after you said so, i got carrots in pots already they’re are poppin green leaf now, potatoes are 1” sprouts yukon gold & red taters!
I aways plant onions on the wanning moon cycle :-)

• When the moon is waxing, its energy is believed to cause water to rise in soil, which speeds seed germination.
  • During the second quarter, the moon's gravitational pull is less than at other times of the month, helping strong leaves to develop.
  • When the moon is waning, its gravitational force is very strong, and it causes more soil moisture. Energy is believed to be diverted to plant roots during this phase.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I aways plant onions on the wanning moon cycle :)

• When the moon is waxing, its energy is believed to cause water to rise in soil, which speeds seed germination.
  • During the second quarter, the moon's gravitational pull is less than at other times of the month, helping strong leaves to develop.
  • When the moon is waning, its gravitational force is very strong, and it causes more soil moisture. Energy is believed to be diverted to plant roots during this phase.
I dont think ill ever start another seed outside... My t8 killed it with all my veggies...from dry seed to sprout was 48 hours at 75f and 30%h

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

bro a tip,if you got any 1/2 hardware cloth around,make a pattern,that blue square tote i got,last year carrots were crappy,so this year i cut the hardware cloth the exact dimensions of the tote,layed that wire in there and every other hole planted a seed,shit like night and day and carrots really love it,nice even spacings and looks like a corn field,lmao they arent hogging each other and the carrots will come out straight ,dont know about your area ,but taters and all root crops can go in 29th and 30 th this month,get them in the ground it take them a month to pop dirt,ive cut mine off any water they are ready,and im just letting them die off and waiting a couple weeks were the skins will harden,,if your gonna store any,dont wipe off the dirt,store them with it on

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

and unbearable temps for digging etc, no work past 10:30am until 6PM
i get out around noon at norm,it only about 90 around then,then again around 6 to dark,been crazy this year so far,hurricane season gonna be a bitch this year,one thing we can count on for sure in texas when it crazy this time year with temps,it does effect the gulf and storms have no mercy

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I dont think ill ever start another seed outside... My t8 killed it with all my veggies...from dry seed to sprout was 48 hours at 75f and 30%h
ive got were i start all mine inside other than root crops,damn bugs be loving some babies trying to veg,i get um out of solo cups usally about first set of true leaves

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

bro a tip,if you got any 1/2 hardware cloth around,make a pattern,that blue square tote i got,last year carrots were crappy,so this year i cut the hardware cloth the exact dimensions of the tote,layed that wire in there and every other hole planted a seed,shit like night and day and carrots really love it,nice even spacings and looks like a corn field,lmao they arent hogging each other and the carrots will come out straight ,dont know about your area ,but taters and all root crops can go in 29th and 30 th this month,get them in the ground it take them a month to pop dirt,ive cut mine off any water they are ready,and im just letting them die off and waiting a couple weeks were the skins will harden,,if your gonna store any,dont wipe off the dirt,store them with it on
Carrots & potatoes are poppin dirt already they have been in the for 3 weeks, they should start growing good! I had them covered greenhouse affect so they will be takin off soon ! Im watchin the neighborhood to see when they start transplanting to beds, I’ll do the same

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

I aways plant onions on the wanning moon cycle :)

I haven’t even looked at the moon brother, it’s always cloudy here except for the past couple days, ima check it out tonight

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
@GT21, @oldskol4evr, @Ecompost, @Serenots, everyone can chime in
So im on well water here, its rains alot here, what your experience with it? I run mine threw a sediment filter 0ppm but i dont know what metals are in there
Get it tested...get a county water table test print out(sometimes on line).. But i dont worry much. Distill it.. Ph it and go. If you feel you can drink out of the tap or hose yourself...then the plants are good.
If it says 0 then theres nothin there.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Get it tested...get a county water table test print out(sometimes on line).. But i dont worry much. Distill it.. Ph it and go. If you feel you can drink out of the tap or hose yourself...then the plants are good.
If it says 0 then theres nothin there.
Okay I’ll check that out, i do ph the water, we dont drink it but we do cook with it, so far the plants like it I’ve been mixing it with rain water too 50/50

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Carrots & potatoes are poppin dirt already they have been in the for 3 weeks, they should start growing good! I had them covered greenhouse affect so they will be takin off soon ! Im watchin the neighborhood to see when they start transplanting to beds, I’ll do the same
cool,both like cooler weather,i had planned to rotate these potatoes with sweet potato,aint happening ,so built 3 more bags and 8 5gal buckets to let them climb my side fence away from deer lmao,the reds are about to flower and the yukon are still green stalk,so the reds in about 2 weeks and i harvest them bitchs,hahahh just gonna reamend the soil and put right back in totes and start summer squash in and maybe a pumpkin or 2 lmao

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

@GT21, @oldskol4evr, @Ecompost, @Serenots, everyone can chime in
So im on well water here, its rains alot here, what your experience with it? I run mine threw a sediment filter 0ppm but i dont know what metals are in there
im on a well too,find were your water storage comes from,i found mine come from a huge lake and all of it is limestone rock,but the well is 500ft and out of the well is a filter,have to change it about every month,lake is limestone base ,but sediment in on filter is red like iron,but i water with it anyway ,straight from hose to soil,it loves it and they all just got some,shit 2 gardens is double watering if you dig,my well holds 45 to 65% pressure on the tank,so mama waters hers first and blast break for me and then i water mine,if anyone goes to the head you loose pressure for a few minutes,i got that 275 gal tank im fixing to hook up to solve that shit,hell it hot out there and them damn kids goona mind lmao

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

cool,both like cooler weather,i had planned to rotate these potatoes with sweet potato,aint happening ,so built 3 more bags and 8 5gal buckets to let them climb my side fence away from deer lmao,the reds are about to flower and the yukon are still green stalk,so the reds in about 2 weeks and i harvest them bitchs,hahahh just gonna reamend the soil and put right back in totes and start summer squash in and maybe a pumpkin or 2 lmao
Nice, ima let these potatoes grow to about 6” then add more soil i have them in 100 gallon cloth pots

Top Bottom