Ozon Generator For Hydroponic Reservoir

• Thread starter HelloPower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HelloPower

Hi everybody, quick question. Does anybody use a Ozon generator with tubing to the reservoir for killing algae, bacteria etc? Does this work?
Best regards

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

No, but I am using an O2Grow that breaks down the hydrogen and oxygen bonds into nanobubbles.

It MAY also provide a similar service

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

lol

Plants use nutrients to grow. As they use them, nutrients get depleted. Unknown by many is that plants poop through their roots, contaminating the rez, and thereby throwing off its balance

H

HelloPower

Sorry, i don’t mean you have to do nothing. Sure you have to add new nutrients, adjust the ph and look for the right ec. But may the ozon helps to occasionally kill all bacteria etc. Let’s say every week or so. Maybe just for preventation.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
lol

Plants use nutrients to grow. As they use them, nutrients get depleted. Unknown by many is that plants poop through their roots, contaminating the rez, and thereby throwing off its balance

True That PhatNuggz!!

I use Botanicare Hydroguard Bacillus Root Inoculant & +Life from the folks @ Hydroponics Research to control the "poop" and protect the roots. Have been using this along with O2-Grow 2020 on Grow box and 2040 on Flower box running 30 minutes every 4 hours.

My first grow & growlog

Upload 2019 2 7 22 16 48
Upload 2019 2 7 22 17 37

Last edited:
B

Burned Haze

I would suggest a uv bulb on your r/o system (makes it so there’s no bad bennies from the beginning)and also to look as a defense look into rootsheild plus , you just apply it every 10-12 weeks and your good

Root shield plus ( not advertising, just something I found great success with and it’s approved in pretty much all states and Canada )

• Grows on roots, "shielding" them against root-damaging fungi
  • Controls up to 12 weeks
  • Two active ingredients (Trichoderma harzianum strain T-22, and Trichoderma virens strain G-41)
  • Preventative control of major root diseases including soilborne Phytophthora sp.
  • Also controls diseases caused by Rhizoctonia, Pythium, Fusarium, Thielaviopsis, and Cylindrocladium
  • Improved suppression of the aggressive hot-season Pythium
  • 0-hour REI*, 0-day PHI”
After I started using it, I got better seed germination %, plants since using look way better through whole cycle ( I’m never going back )

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

True That PhatNuggz!!

I use Botanicare Hydroguard Bacillus Root Inoculant & +Life from the folks @ Hydroponics Research to control the "poop" and protect the roots. Have been using this along with O2-Grow 2020 on Grow box and 2040 on Flower box running 30 minutes every 4 hours.

My first grow & growlog

View attachment 855571View attachment 855572

You're the first person to be using an O2G. How long have you been using them? I see you have a thread. I went to your link. That's the weirdest grow site Ive ever seen. How about doing it here?

Last edited:
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
You're the first person to be using an O2G. How long have you been using them? I see you have a thread. I went to your link. That's the weirdest grow site Ive ever seen. How about doing it here?

6 months.

I was skeptical at first. Now i am a believer.

difference was night and day.
I realize that the gent from GB or AU (ref. another thread you and I were on) had a lot of science he was throwing against the wall (without attribution), however results speak volumes.

And yes i will publish the log in both places. i can put all of the detail on that site and publish the particulars here. I take WAY too many pictures. lol

Now if we had a site that was specifically designed for grow-logs. The one i am on is a good start but needs more work... A lot more work. At least they don't charge for it. If paying for it meant more attention was paid to the site; I would pay a reasonable amount.

but alas.... more pipe dreams.... DAMNIT! nodded off and dropped it.. :-)

Last edited:
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
. . . That's the weirdest grow site Ive ever seen. How about doing it here?

Just looked at the "grow diaries" link for this site. I believe i can work within that space. I can use the other space to "store" photos and general data...

I will be starting a new grow in a week or so. I have to cleanup and reset the grow cabinet. Plus i want to make some upgrades/modifications based on my first cycle.

Stay tuned!

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Just looked at the "grow diaries" link for this site. I believe i can work within that space. I can use the other space to "store" photos and general data...

I will be starting a new grow in a week or so. I have to cleanup and reset the grow cabinet. Plus i want to make some upgrades/modifications based on my first cycle.

Stay tuned!

New grow log ==> Lets-do-it-again-2nd-hydro-grow

Top Bottom