Ozone Generator

• Thread starter SUPERBABY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SUPERBABY

Does anybody have experience with these?..

I have mold issues and I've been looking at this one:

I've heard that too much will kill plants..

S

SUPERBABY

yep.. unless you know another way.. I would be all ears..

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

I have & do use an Ionizer / Ozone Generator & Yes it does kill mold spores & is quite effective on keeping the odors & smoke down .

Be sure to do some more research & read Reviews on any brand specific system you are considering . I'm not familiar with the UV systems but the traditional glass/metal plate & Electro Probe system can cause burn spots on plant leafs if that system is used set too high in the grow room . I Suggest using a Non UV Ioniser in an Adjacent room set slightly lower than suggested by the manufacturer .

When adjusted properly it smells like just after a thunderstorm all clean & fresh .

Good Luck ,,,

L

lightit

using ozone generators in the room with your plants during budding will literally neutralize the smell of your buds-- they will come out smelling and tasting like nothing. ionizers will not do this. if you have mold issues and have not already, you might try looking at how ventilation and air circulation can be improved, that temperature is optimized, and whether humidity is a problem that needs to be remedied with a dehumidifier.

GhostFace

GhostFace

i used a uvonair1000 when i first started growing..the strain was sweetTooth#3 in a closet and even tho i had the uvon going none stop and even tho the uvon1000 was prob to big for my small closet..my plants still got attacked by mold and the mold spread to other plants. to control mold and RH you have to have your growroom dialed in with proper air coming in and air going out and circulation etc. if you have these dialed in you will have alot less prob with mold popping up. so as far as the uvonair stopping mold or keeping it from popping up.. id say 110% false. dialed in room would 100% take care of your probs!

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Even worse, running a strong ozone gen in your room can kill plants. Outside the growroom for odor and mold preventative they're great, but potentially unhealthy for animals too (us).

A bunch of home-style units were taken off the market a while back because the ozone levels were way too high. I bought several of these units from a thrift shop for $5 each, and they work great for adding to exhaust and for circulation through a barrier/buffer room. I've also deodorized damp musty spaces, and use for room disinfection between cycles. Surely the industrial duct-style are much stronger, but the ones I have will still run you out of the room pretty quickly. It's that 'clean' smell they kill germs with in hospitals, just way past the point of tolerable with these recalled units.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

very interesting alternative to a carbon filter, or no?

C

cheech

I've got the large cap 1 in my attic where I exhaust through scrubbers just for extra protection, but I wouldn't put one in my room, heard it burns em.

Had it in my living area, but it was too strong, and I had read about high levels causing lung issues or something of that nature.

SonOfDaMourning

SonOfDaMourning

do you think one could work within the ducting or in a box of some sort connected to the ducting? i ask because im not sure how fast or efficient it can buffer the air as it passes.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

very interesting alternative to a carbon filter, or no?

Haven't really tested that, but I wouldnt risk it if you need ultimate discretion. I run sealed with a scrubber and just use ozone as extra.

Had it in my living area, but it was too strong, and I had read about high levels causing lung issues or something of that nature.

Exactly.

do you think one could work within the ducting or in a box of some sort connected to the ducting? i ask because im not sure how fast or efficient it can buffer the air as it passes.

I essentially use one as you describe, but only for a layer of air that circulates between drywall and panda (room in room). I do this to protect from moisture and mold long term, and it's also an extra layer of security. If any micro amount of stink gets past the seal, it won't make it any further than the ozone moat.

Maybe somebody with experience can chime in on the duct mounted corona discharge ones in the growshops?

Danoid

Danoid

Use the same one all the time have it set on a timer to run only in the dark hours really helped with a PM problem and as a bonus it was lethal to fungas nats. If you run it in the dark hours make sure you black tape the power switch as it will cause hermis I know this from experience.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Use the same one all the time have it set on a timer to run only in the dark hours really helped with a PM problem and as a bonus it was lethal to fungas nats. If you run it in the dark hours make sure you black tape the power switch as it will cause hermis I know this from experience.

Interesting, sounds kinda sketchy, yet extremely tempting on the gnat front. Can anyone else second that plants don't mind high ozone at night? I mean, if they're not breathing..?

Good tip on the lights, gotta tape up all those glowing accessories.

Danoid

Danoid

I should tell you yes you can burn your plant leaves with ozone no matter if it is dark or light. I am running an 7'w X 10'L X 7'H room with an ozone generator made for a 5000 sq.ft. so I run it on 15 minutes on/ 45 minutes off. The only reason I was running it at night was my ehxaust cycle was off and most off all I did not want to expose myself to ozone when working in the room during daylight hours. Please be careful with ozone, I worked with a guy that destroyed his lungs when he walked into a room at a chemical plant that the ozone sensor went out and didn't realize there was a problem until he had to crawl out of the room. Nothing like seeing a 35 year old guy walking around with an oxygen tank to burn in your mind ozone is dangerous. Good Luck

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Thx for clarifying, think I'll stick to using it where there's no living things. I've used mine on a timer so it's off by the time I'm back in the buffer area, but not with plants. I can use benes for the gnats instead.

FYI, ozone breaks down into o2 relatively quickly, so you can flood a living space and come back later once it's off, just be sure to ventilate afterward. Good thing is you can smell it, so get out if you do.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Does someone have a pic of there inline UV ozone generator with duct attach would love to see setup thanks

H

Hydrohelper

yes, that would be great im interested in the inline units as well

slimjimham

slimjimham

This is an old one but can you do it?

I just bought this ozone generator to sterilize/pull smells from car and home (trim room)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JAP7388/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This thing is supposed to be unreal at pulling smells so I'm excited to be able to pull smells and sterilize the trim room and pull any smoke smell from the cars.

I know you can't be around it running but would running it in the grow room for 20 minutes hurt the plants, would that be enough to sterilize and treat powdery mildew?

What do you think, thanks... I don't want to harm the plants but think it'd be great if you could sterilize the room with plants in it!

slimjimham

slimjimham

Giving this one a bump... I'm very tempted to run the ozone generator in the room with plants... just as a first aid to eliminate any spores... sulphur burning seems good but doesn't seem to sterilize...

Top Bottom