Ozone Kills Pollen?

• Thread starter getgoodgenes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

getgoodgenes

Hello I've read in a few threads some claiming ozone can kill pollen? I kind of think it would make any pollen useless if it works for mold spores. Planned on buying one just because OCD but would love to get some info on if it actually works.

Auto.Tents

Auto.Tents

Its true that most pollutants will be "evaporated" by a good ozone generator within its specified operating space. But there isn't a single brand that will guarantee that they can "kill" every air particle.

Ozone generators are no joke. Please operate them safely as they can seriously damage the human body.

Ozone reacts to air pollutants and chemicals differently. This in many households CAN result in a variety of harmful by-products. For example, when ozone was mixed with chemicals from new carpet in a laboratory setting, the ozone reduced many of the chemicals but created a variety of dangerous organic chemicals in the air. While the target chemicals were reduced, the dangerous byproducts were still left to be ingested.

Ozone generators under proper circumstances have great benefits. I advise you learn more about ozone generators and your particular grow environment.

G

getgoodgenes

Its true that most pollutants will be "evaporated" by a good ozone generator within its specified operating space. But there isn't a single brand that will guarantee that they can "kill" every air particle.

Ozone generators are no joke. Please operate them safely as they can seriously damage the human body.

Ozone reacts to air pollutants and chemicals differently. This in many households CAN result in a variety of harmful by-products. For example, when ozone was mixed with chemicals from new carpet in a laboratory setting, the ozone reduced many of the chemicals but created a variety of dangerous organic chemicals in the air. While the target chemicals were reduced, the dangerous byproducts were still left to be ingested.

Ozone generators under proper circumstances have great benefits. I advise you learn more about ozone generators and your particular grow environment.

Have a general idea of how they work but was unaware of any by products. Will definitely look into that though. Mostly reason I'm asking is led lights can't really be cleaned esp brands like black dog and kind the fans are inaccessible without voiding a warranty. I was thinking ozone could be a good solution to ensuring nothing from before (pollen, spores etc) was in with the next cycle without damaging the lights.

G

getgoodgenes

Well not that it won't physically be there but at least no viable pollen, living spores, mites etc.

G

getgoodgenes

SO my question is will it make any pollen present in lights, vents, tent useless?

Auto.Tents

Auto.Tents

A good bleach and water solution will clean the Grow Tent, and you can use the solution to damp a MicroFiber towel & wipe down delicate electrical equipment and awkwardly placed equipment.

Of course you can remove all the equipment to clean your grow tent properly.

At least remove anything with fans (LEDS, Fans, Duct, and filter cover (if you use them) and let them run for a few minutes outside the tent (BEFORE YOU START TO CLEAN) Then wipe them down and put them aside until re-installation.

I haven't heard of anyone who cleans well, cross pollinating their next batch. If you want 100% safety; A closed dedicated tent for males and pollination is your best bet.

G

getgoodgenes

I am aware. Cleaning is done religiously no slack. If you are familiar with kind led and black dog you can see what I mean about the fans that cool the diodes. They are not accessible. Theres void warranty if removed stickers all over the lights. You cannot physically clean inside on them. This is why I am asking if ozone kills pollen.

Auto.Tents

Auto.Tents

You seem "set" on getting an Ozone Generator.
Typically they are viewed as OLD TECH

If you are looking for advice;
In 2019, the advancements and benefits for GOOD air filter(s) in a sealed room will out perform an Ozone Generator
Along with removing everything with a fan at cleaning time. Letting it run and blow itself out before cleaning with a bleach water solution on a damp MicroFiber towel is the most reliable procedure to a clean (POLLEN FREE) room.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I am aware. Cleaning is done religiously no slack. If you are familiar with kind led and black dog you can see what I mean about the fans that cool the diodes. They are not accessible. Theres void warranty if removed stickers all over the lights. You cannot physically clean inside on them. This is why I am asking if ozone kills pollen.
No ozone won’t kill off all pollen.
The idea behind it is to provide the end user with the “assurance “ factor of cleaning your air.
If you suspect or pollinate, I’d say do that in dedicated room/ tent. But generally speaking a good vacuuming of the lights is about as good as you can get.
Water sterilizes pollen but that wouldn’t be ideal for an led! Lol.
It’s why I pollinate out of the space. Wait 48-72 hrs to ensure it’s taken , wash down the plant and then move it back into the room. That’s the safest method I’ve found. Any pollination inside a grow space is a disaster waiting to happen! Belive me I’ve had plant cross without me even knowing! It’s why I always do pollination outside of my regular area!!

Auto.Tents

Auto.Tents

The idea behind it is to provide the end user with the “assurance “ factor of cleaning your air.
If you suspect or pollinate, I’d say do that in dedicated room/ tent. But generally speaking a good vacuuming of the lights is about as good as you can get.
It’s why I pollinate out of the space. Wait 48-72 hrs to ensure it’s taken , wash down the plant and then move it back into the room. That’s the safest method I’ve found. Any pollination inside a grow space is a disaster waiting to happen! Belive me I’ve had plant cross without me even knowing! It’s why I always do pollination outside of my regular area!!
If you want 100% safety; A closed dedicated tent for males and pollination is your best bet.

Jack og Is 100% correct. It's understandable when you have limited space, to want to pollinate inside your only grow tent. But, a dedicated Male/Pollination tent is your safest bet.

G

getgoodgenes

Probably just get some computer cleaner its js

Vacuuming is a GREAT idea thanks homie this shts been bugging me. Just trying to up my cleaning skills.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Probably just get some computer cleaner its js

Vacuuming is a GREAT idea thanks homie this shts been bugging me. Just trying to up my cleaning skills.
Yea that’s how I Cleveland all my led. Black dog fans are a b to get to as well! Great light for the price point .
Some compressed air/ s duster, and vacuum the snot out of it. Wipe everything down with peroxide, and it will be good. Note; if u ever use sulfur, wipe the led down as soon as u can, that sheet will corrode the leds and void warranty.

DTG

DTG

The safest way to pollinate is to keep your males in your buddies tent then harvest the pollen when he's not looking, and give the male a really good shake before you leave.

DTG

DTG

DTG

I say that jokingly because I had a buddy ruin my entire grow room once by bringing me Kritter infested plants. . .

Thanks Johnny M. you know who you are. . . .

DTG

Auto.Tents

Auto.Tents

I say that jokingly because I had a buddy ruin my entire grow room once by bringing me Kritter infested plants. . .

Thanks Johnny M. you know who you are. . . .

DTG
That sucks!
Sorry you had to go through that.

DTG

DTG

Thanks Auto Tents.

The worst part was when I told him he brought me bugs, he laughed, said I just didn't know what I was doing and it was my plants tat had the bugs. Evan though I had taken several bug free crops out of that room & primo shit too boot.
At any rate we no longer speak. Too bad to he was one hell of a trimmer. The lesson here dont take any plants into your room, leave the rescues to te SPCA

Latest posts

Top Bottom