Panic In The Grow Tent!

• Thread starter Newbie95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newbie95

Hey guys!
I'm 2 weeks into my second grow of Critical auto + cream cookie. I've noticed an issue. My plants don't look like they should at 2 weeks from my view and I have noticed some weird twisty leaf growth with a purple bruising under some leaves and some lime green look.

My set up
1.2m square tent
5inch extraction
4inch intake
Small clip on fan (blowing away from leaves)
8lt fabric pots filled with clay pebbles and canna pro plus....
Air flow is good and temp are always between 23-25oC
I feed by hand 18oC tap water (ppm 65-100) depending on how long it's left to sit
They are being fed canna A&B at quarter strength (1ml per litre) and with ph at 5.9
They are being fed every 2-3 days.
I checked my run off and noticed it was giving me of an ec of 3.0 and oh of +7.0, I flushed and brought the ppm down to -400ppm but noticed the ph is still floating around 6.5-7.0. I don't understand when they are being fed 1ml per litre and being fed when needed
Panic in the grow tent
Panic in the grow tent 2

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

cant let the coco dry out friend,the numbers you show is a salt buidup,flush should have taken care that,you have first set of true leaves,have you increased your ppm for that adjustment,check the hanna scale to see were you should be,im not certain but think it around 250 without checking,i dont care for coco ,too much work,but did find out the hard way it better to feed them about 3 times a day,just less feed to adjust for overall of there feed for that day,if you dig,just keep the ppm and ph were they need to be,so if a feed is 250 ppm divide that by 3 times a day ,could be wrong like i said i dont care for it and when i did run with it gave me hell and sent my right back to what i love ,soil living soil,someone chime in a give a hand just keep checking the thread

N

Newbie95

Thank you. My first grow I didn't have much issues regarding feed. I thought I'd jump into autos this time and straight away they are beginning to make me stress. 1ml per litre in a 10l bucket was giving me a reading around 300-400. Im finding it hard to control the ph. I didn't think I had to worry much about ph to say the pro plus canna soiless is ph buffered.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I feed mine at least once per day at 600ish ppm, sometimes 2 times per day. I ph anywhere from 5.5-6.2. I have two clones (about 4 weeks from when I took the cuts) and 4 seedlings.

IMO feed once per day and up your ppm.

N

Newbie95

I've fed earlier today at exactly 600ppm and ph at 5.9, I was thinking of feeding twice a day (morning and night) I noticed today that they've have gained some decent growth and showing signs of growing branches now. My ph tends to rise when I check run off. I was thinking I could use it at my advantage and set ph at 5.5 and let it rise itself. Do you think it would benefit them, that way they could receive all levels to take up nutrients?

Seraphine

Seraphine

I never check runoff pH but that’s just me. Whenever I mix up a new batch of nutrient (every few days), I like to adjust the pH differently. I always keep it within the appropriate pH range for coco but I feel it gives better nutrient uptake. That’s just my opinion though.

Seraphine

Seraphine

personally wouldn’t adjust too many things at once. I would start with more frequent waterings and your ppm. Then if that doesn’t solve your problem, adjust the pH.

N

Newbie95

Hey guys, little update. I've started to feed at .6 ec twice a day and they are looking greener, smelling amazing and growing very quick now. .6 ec twice a day ph at 5.7 and run off is at 6.2 on every watering. Also ec of run off is showing they are drinking .2 to .3 ec between watering. Making sure I have good run off and have no salts

N

Newbie95

Here's one (18 days old) I don't know if she is a little behind but I've heard the growth is explosive during pre flower. She's started to grow branches

IMAG0223
N

Newbie95

Hey Seraphine! I believe the breeders are called fast buds and the strain is cookie cream auto. I have a few critical autos but I'm not sure the breeder

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Someone post a panic at the disco/ grow room beats to this thread pls! Lol
Coco= hydro
Treat it the same! And never panic! Well maybe a little!

chemistry

chemistry

I've fed earlier today at exactly 600ppm and ph at 5.9, I was thinking of feeding twice a day (morning and night) I noticed today that they've have gained some decent growth and showing signs of growing branches now. My ph tends to rise when I check run off. I was thinking I could use it at my advantage and set ph at 5.5 and let it rise itself. Do you think it would benefit them, that way they could receive all levels to take up nutrients?

Try a PH of 6.2 putting in, and see what your run off comes out at.

gwheels

gwheels

Light feeds almost always need PH down because there are not enough PPM to drive it down. A lot of nutes put the PH down at full strength. GH was pretty much right on 6.3 when i made it to the recommended dose but that was too hot so i tuned it down and had to PH adjust.
coco is awesome once you get the hang of it.

Top Bottom