Parfactworks (pfw 640) Led Lighting. Anyone Try Them?

• Thread starter Fangthane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fangthane

Fangthane

Once my current grow officially fails, I intend to do a little bit of an overhaul on my equipment and try again. I'm currently using a no-name blurple COB setup drawing 240w. I definitely want to get away from the blurple stuff. I was tossing around the idea of upgrading to a 315w CMH setup, but I'm not sure that they're very reliable, in terms of longevity. Ultimately, I think LEDs are my thing, but I'm gonna have to find the best one at the low-cost end of the spectrum. I was originally thinking Optic LED, for the CREE COB aspect, but the price is up there. Having basically no experience, I'm not as in love with CREE as everyone else seems to be, so I'm very open to other brands.

It looks like it's kinda trying to be an Optic 4 clone, but using lower-end LEDs. Other than the fact that it doesn't use CREE COBs, anyone see any issues with this light?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D3K1RBL/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=A36QKQXTG6SXHE&psc=1
Parfactworks pfw 640 led lighting  anyone try them
Parfactworks pfw 640 led lighting  anyone try them 2

Good enough to effectively Veg and Flower a 3x3 tent? Any red flags that I'm missing? I was hoping to stay under $200, but ts seems pretty promising for $250. Opinions?

billyshigh

billyshigh

IMG 0506

Looks like a good choice. Watch it though, keep it far from your plants until you know what it will do to them. I think I stunted my plants while in veg because the minute I pulled back (48 inches) my Advance Lights Diamond Series 150, which is very similar to the one you are looking at to purchase, the plants started to stretch/grow much better. I guess what I am trying to say is, don't stress your goilz with that LED light if you get it!! I have a Sunblaster T-5 to add extra coverage, it's probably not necessary, but the buds under it are exceedingly happy. Reporting to you live from SF CA during week 6 of flower, happy growing and cheers bud!

B

Burned Haze

I would do timber led for cob’s, the redwood vs (Vero 29 cob (6) )would cost ya 850 and it would easily do a 4x4

Fangthane

Fangthane

I would do timber led for cob’s, the redwood vs (Vero 29 cob (6) )would cost ya 850 and it would easily do a 4x4
Wayyyyyy more than I can afford. I'll have $200-ish to spend on upgrading my lighting.

Looking like I may have to go with a 315w CMH to get the most bang for the buck. I'm seeing fixture/ballast/bulb kits for as low as $170 on Amazon. If I do go that route, would a 4K bulb be the best option for a start-to-finish bulb?

@Toaster79 - Little bit out of reach, price wise. Also, assuming they're both accurate, the PAR output doesn't look any better than the LED in my first post.

Fangthane

Fangthane

Still haven't found lighting that fits well with my environmental variables. Noticed your BM4 ("1000w") model on Amazon. Looks fairly promising for my 1 meter square tent, but heat may still be an issue. May have to end up saving up my pennies to go the Quantum Board route for lowest possible heat output. Would really love a half-decent, low-priced COB fixture, for better canopy penetration, but heat's just giving me constant problems.

K

Kalebd420

I actually already own this version, except I have the "500 watt" version which pulls 170watt from the wall, and over all I'm pleased with the light, seems very well built and had a great spectrum. I've been needing to add another light to my setup recently though and have been really leaning towards trying parfactworks other model which has cree cob led's as well, and is quite a bit larger than the one I own now I've just been sort of weary cause there is very little info or reviews to be found online about this light. Seems like it should be worth a shot i was just curious if anyone had any experience with this model before i drop the 400 some odd dollars lol
Screenshot 20190713 095936 Amazon Shopping

K

Kalebd420

Still haven't found lighting that fits well with my environmental variables. Noticed your BM4 ("1000w") model on Amazon. Looks fairly promising for my 1 meter square tent, but heat may still be an issue. May have to end up saving up my pennies to go the Quantum Board route for lowest possible heat output. Would really love a half-decent, low-priced COB fixture, for better canopy penetration, but heat's just giving me constant problems.
I've been going back and forth with this light as well, I'm leaning more towards the "1500 watt" myself though for the coverage area and output it has, all in all it seems like a good quality light for the price, to me it looks very similar to the optic brand lights just at half the cost. Obviously it's hard to go wrong with cree cobs but the lack of reviews/first hand experience I've been able to find on this light is the only reason I haven't already pulled the trigger on it.

Top Bottom