Penalized for using medical marijuana by pain clinic

• Thread starter passittome2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
@Seamaiden and @tobh you guys are right I should not be so judgemental just because A few people I know who abuse them.
Sea I went with the hamstring graft as well,:) they did a nerve block on my leg before putting me under for surgery and when I woke up I was in so much pain tears running out my eyes because the nerve block was a miss.. That point was the most pain I ever felt. And I still this day have numbing in my shin of all places from the nerve block.
PT was hell and back! I almost didn't get my full range of motion back. I was 25 when this happen and that fear haunted me. It was the last day of PT that son of a bitch was stretching my knee and finally full fold of the right knee it hurt like fucling hell but I'm glad I got that range back. And this was long after they cut me off the meds

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Huh... my shin is numb, too, but I assumed it was because they'd been digging around in there. I also do not have my full range of motion, am MUCH weaker and am now prone to falls. Of course, 6mos between the injury and surgery didn't help, either. It was at least a month before my injury was properly diagnosed.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
To the best of my knowledge, the urine testing is solely to detect THC and no other metabolites. I do not believe they're testing to make sure the medication is effective (lack of pain would be the tell there, right?), nor do I believe they're testing to ensure the patient's life isn't being risked, as we're still seeing plenty of Rx OD deaths in this country.

Until you *really* need them. Try treating kidney stones with weed, get back to me.
Kidney stones is automatic Dilaudid for this boy. Had them once 10 years ago. Dilaudid almost didnt touch that pain. OMG....... Opiates are a slippery slope for sure......

RootsGal

RootsGal

I always thought they wanted to see the stuff they are giving you in your urine for one then they know your not just selling them and two that they are not using fake pee to pass the piss test. It's to easy to use synthetic urine, but your probally right because my brother inlaw sucks on those suckers and uses the patches and smokes weed. And he's never had a serious injury except maybe a broken wrist! And honestly I feel sorry for the guy he looks like a ghost everytime I see him.
The shitty thing is if the doc does cut him off he will just go to the methadone clinic.
Makes me sick

On your second quote I totally agree, but that is temporary pain as squiggles stated and that's what they should be used for.
After I had my knee surgery (acl replaced and MCL's repaired" from a snowboarding mistake I was on the crazy pills and after a couple of weeks I still wanted more but the doctor said no here's one last small script you don't need them anymore. LoL and that was the end of it!
I don't understand how a doctor can keep writing scripts year after year because you say your back hurts with no real proof how it happened or surgeries planned to fix the problem.[/QUOTE

I have had (3) cervical surgeries, and (2) were fusions. The first one broke and nobody through my bright purple throat was a red flag so I stayed like that for 18 months! I kept complaining and was sent to another neurosurgeon who said I need the levels above the first fusion fused. When he was preforming this surgery, he saw, that all the screws were wiggly and the titanium plate had popped off. He had to remove all of that, and then fuse (4) levels which is very rare.
All that hardware has caused neural foraminal narrowing and spurring from C-2-C-6 & now I have a subluxation from C-7-T-1. My low back surgery was a failed surgery and it left me with nerve damage.
My pain is not in my head. Narrowing means that the nerves to the spinal cord are being squished. That has left me with abnormal bicep and tricep reflexes which is why I drop everything.
My EMG study is positive for radiculopothy.
I found an osteopath who was very helpful but he takes no insurance.
At this time, I have weaned down more and more from oxycodone. I am taking half the dose I use to and only twice a day. It use to be 3 x's a day and it was 40MGs plus, Kadian, oxycontin, Lyrica Gabapentin, Norflex, & Flexoril.
I threw all of them, into the garbage, (cold turkey) except for the oxycodone & the flexoril, (PM) so I can sleep. That is a huge amount of reduction, and I did it on my own.
I am now substituting the 2nd dose of oxycodone with a higher THC vape cartridge pen, that really allows me to sleep through the night. I use the hybrid, cannabadiol vape oil cartridge in the daytime for spasms and pain.
I am rather proud that I am down to (1) 20MG pill of oxycodone per day, thanks to the fact that CT. has passed medical marijuana. Without this program, I would still be throwing back those narcotics.
Its kind of rude of you to judge people unless you have been in their situation.
I was not prescribed all of that, because "my back hurt". I have a rare amount of hardware in my neck, and it us fused so high up, I choke drinking water, 5 years after my last fusion.
A drunk driver maimed my neck forevermore, and she walked on the charges. (That is a whole other ordeal) The trooper was sent off duty without pay for 6 weeks, for lying on (4) reports of this burning crash.
Four level cervical fusions are VERY rare and they come with all kinds of risks, as I described already, that my first 2 level fusion fell apart, and the MRI's & CT scans they rely so heavily on, did not show broken hardware.
It could have perforated my esophagus.
Right now, I have a terrible pinching on the left side of my neck, right on the scar of the last fusion. It is now BRIGHT red, and once again, they are all ignoring me.
My goal is to get to 10MGs of oxycodone twice a day, and then hopefully, just PRN, for when I have a flare-up.
My primary care doctor is prescribing for me still, because he is aware that those pain clinics, are the people that load us up, so everyone else can insult us for what they prescribe.
Those urine screenings are big money for doctors and everyone wants in on that! Every (3) months at a cost of $600.00 to $1,200.00 is insane.
I read tons of articles on how they are testing seniors for angel dust, heroine, crack...just because the more testing, the more money they make.
People who legally posses a medical mj card, should be able to have the THC screening waived. Factually, marijuana and narcotic work great together, and that is coming from a pain doctor who sits on the CT. Medical marijuana board. Dr. Jonathan Kost.

Last edited:
G

Golive

I have a ton of Heath issues, hence the medical marijuana card. As if I was not having a
Hard enough time with pain as it is, my pain clinic pee tested me, which I
Thought was no big deal. So when I go in for my next appointment the MA
Says you failed your urine test from THC. I said well i have a card for that
So its not an illegal drug in my system. Long story short they said till I'm "clean"
they will not Prescribe any opiates for me ( which they had not even started yet).

Comments or help on where to turn would be appreciated.

G

Golive

passittome2, we're you ever able to find help with this issue? I too am having the same problem! It just doesn't seem fair to me!

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
passittome2, we're you ever able to find help with this issue? I too am having the same problem! It just doesn't seem fair to me!
Find a different doc, my brother in law smokes and has multiple pain killer scripts no problem lol

stiffneck

stiffneck

Pain management clinics.... give me a HUGE break already. As a chronic pain patient for the past 15 years I have just a bit of experience. Best thing to do is what has already been said....

Tell your pain management doctor you don't want to take any drugs that can KILL you. This would be all the opioid drugs. I was on all of them... for over a decade. They almost killed me half a dozen times. Serious shit for sure.

Walked away from that trash with some help from psychedelics. I still have pain everyday but I would rather deal with pain than be a junkie...

Everybody is different. Pain perception is different for everybody. Opioids might work for pain for the very very short term... but you start taking them on a regular basis then your creating two other problems. One. Your pain level WILL increase. Two. NOW your addicted to opioids. Number two is the more fucked up of the situation. Withdraw from high doses of opiate pain med's is no joke. People die all the time. Tapering never worked for me.

If your thinking about using these deadly drugs think twice. They do NOT work for long term chronic pain. You CAN DIE!

Latest posts

Top Bottom