Penalty For Going Over Plant Count

• Thread starter Eli Bloom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Maine.Grower

Maine.Grower

Sorry for the early morning humor guys :) I know people will probably truly be looking for an answer to this question. I personally suggest you look up the local laws in your state because every state is different. Not to mention the Federal government still considers it illegal. BUT, the reality of our society is...if you state legalized it and your growing for personal use only (and not trying to sell it over over the place [see kush gods] - unless that has become legal like it will be next year here in Maine woo hoo) no one will probably bother you at all.

I have heard lots of folks claim they will proabably make you get rid of the 'overage'...I personally assume there would also be some sort of 'fine' like a parking ticket or whatever...but I'm honestly not sure. Hence the suggestion to look it up on your own. I just dropped my planned plant count in my rooms to meet my state laws.

Maine.Grower

Maine.Grower

Oh and hey, just noticed this was a Mass forum post. Previous flatlander here from Rockland then Pembroke, moved to Maine in 98 :) Nice to see both states are on the legal now. Peace...

SatansTaint

SatansTaint

Don't worry about plant limits, the only reason they would find that out is if the cops are at your house already, for another reason. There is no feasible way to check people's plant limits, unless you are a licensed med grower, you are not on a list and no one would know . The talk of changing the law , regarding plant limits is just politicians talking to politicians trying to act cool and acting like the hippies didn't win... but we did.

Tat2420

Tat2420

The smell is what vets everybody caught for their large illegal grows.
I'm gonna drop my plant count this year by 18 or so plants to stay under the new Colorado limits of 12 per household.
The way I see it...for my state anyway, is simple. Why not just be happy that I can legally grow cannibas. 12 plants is more than enough...especially outdoor.
So I run 12 at one address outdoors far from people but run

Tat2420

Tat2420

The smell is what vets everybody caught for their large illegal grows.
I'm gonna drop my plant count this year by 18 or so plants to stay under the new Colorado limits of 12 per household.
The way I see it...for my state anyway, is simple. Why not just be happy that I can legally grow cannibas. 12 plants is more than enough...especially outdoor.
So I run 12 at one address (2 card holders) outdoors far from people but run
Under 6 at my actual residence cause I'm the only card holder there.

Eli Bloom

Eli Bloom

12 is fine for flower but when you start keeping moms and timing veg cycles plant count can add up quick.

To some earlier point, I don't anticipate cops coming to my house but was curious if anyone knew as if wasn't spelled out in the law.

Tat2420

Tat2420

I personally know a guy that got hit with 24...no medical card...nothing. This was before rec here in Colorado. State raided him but Feds charged him.
He did 4 years.

From what I understand clones don't count towards plant count but please do not quote me on it. The laws just changed here within the last couple months...still feeling it out.

Best be safe than sorry...IMO

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

...first line on the left, one cross each. Is the pirate refresher class full yet?

Latest posts

Top Bottom