Perfect Grower Vs. Jack's 3-2-1

• Thread starter cottageman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cottageman

cottageman

I have been doing a lot of research lately on making my own custom nute mix and of course Jack's is the popular choice, but no one talks about Perfect Grower nutrients. It seems to have everything that Jack's has plus a little more in their bloom booster. I am on my second run and things looks amazing. It has almost the exact same npk and micro nutrient profile as well. Anyone have experience with this company? trying to see what else I need to add to my regimen

xavier7995

xavier7995

What does the perfect grower break down to price wise? Jacks is real hard to beat in terms of price, its about 100 bucks total for 50 lbs of part a+b( 25 lb bags of each).

Havent heard of it but am always interested.

cottageman

cottageman

What does the perfect grower break down to price wise? Jacks is real hard to beat in terms of price, its about 100 bucks total for 50 lbs of part a+b( 25 lb bags of each).

Havent heard of it but am always interested.
I will have to check on the price but I doubt it beats Jack's from what I remember. The Perfect grower is a 4 part and I want to say I got 15lb total for $110. I bought it before I had any idea what Jack's was. It also seems to have things like chitin, MPK, and a couple of other ingredients Jack's seems to lack, but like I said I am not sure if it is very overpriced or not.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I will have to check on the price but I doubt it beats Jack's from what I remember. The Perfect grower is a 4 part and I want to say I got 15lb total for $110. I bought it before I had any idea what Jack's was. It also seems to have things like chitin, MPK, and a couple of other ingredients Jack's seems to lack, but like I said I am not sure if it is very overpriced or not.

Not at all an unreasonable price, hope it performs well. I have been really into a minimalist type approach lately, low feed levels and dropping boosters, so that bit of extra stuff isn't really helpful for me.....buuuuut i could certainly see why some might want it. Been quite a while since i looked through their site, but i seem to recall jacks/jr peters offering some supplemental powders that can probably get you to a similar mix. Though not sure if jacks holds onto the best value crown if going that route and i want a simple 2 part rather than 3 or 4.

I believe most of the nutrient lines are pretty similar, npk is npk yadda yadda. So price always rules with me. Ease of use is a close second and i really liked maxibloom for that aspect, but there are a slew of products that are comparable.

cottageman

cottageman

Not at all an unreasonable price, hope it performs well. I have been really into a minimalist type approach lately, low feed levels and dropping boosters, so that bit of extra stuff isn't really helpful for me.....buuuuut i could certainly see why some might want it. Been quite a while since i looked through their site, but i seem to recall jacks/jr peters offering some supplemental powders that can probably get you to a similar mix. Though not sure if jacks holds onto the best value crown if going that route and i want a simple 2 part rather than 3 or 4.

I believe most of the nutrient lines are pretty similar, npk is npk yadda yadda. So price always rules with me. Ease of use is a close second and i really liked maxibloom for that aspect, but there are a slew of products that are comparable.
Yeah I see what you mean. There are some products that I have used and absolutely swear by though. I personally have definitely seen added benefits with a resinator or hardener(chitin pretty much) and although I don't have sillica in this formula right now I will add it to my next batch because the difference to me has been very evident. I run a 2k sq ft commercial facility and there we play it safe and use mostly AN/Cyco but I am really liking this simpler approach. Plus Perfect Grower has a one part veg and one part powder but I have not tried it yet.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Silica is a great addition. I dropped it the past run but am planning to add it back, it had a noticeable effect. Good luck and happy harvests man!

cottageman

cottageman

Silica is a great addition. I dropped it the past run but am planning to add it back, it had a noticeable effect. Good luck and happy harvests man!
what silica do you usually use? I have always used Aputs facilitator or Vitalize by Mills but they're a bit too pricey to use for my headstash

xavier7995

xavier7995

I had a bottle of powersi that i worked through, lasted forever. Going with agsil next time, due to my love of ag products over cannabis specific products.

B

Burned Haze

Anther brand suggestion ;)

Grow More: mendocino producers choice

There dry Amendments is just as cheap as jacks and they have some additionals/specialties products that shine for the price. I really love their jump start ,Mendocino Avalanche and whole dry line. Shows me I never need a stupid hydro store for my nutes lol

https://www.mendocinoproducerschoice.com/

(not trying to start a nutes battle just trying to suggest a company when I searched it very little came out but it’s def a bigger company and being tested/used on cannabis/non , like jacks)

cottageman

cottageman

Anther brand suggestion ;)

Grow More: mendocino producers choice

There dry Amendments is just as cheap as jacks and they have some additionals/specialties products that shine for the price. I really love their jump start ,Mendocino Avalanche and whole dry line. Shows me I never need a stupid hydro store for my nutes lol

https://www.mendocinoproducerschoice.com/

(not trying to start a nutes battle just trying to suggest a company when I searched it very little came out but it’s def a bigger company and being tested/used on cannabis/non , like jacks)
Yeah I was looking at them too, I use the honey in my warehouse grow for sugar and when I flush, also use it to make compost teas, great product and really cheap.

Top Bottom