Perfecting Scotts Og

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

Here is a text book recirculating DWC tuning in.
The growth on these plants is very vigorous and healthy.My top off reservoir is 770 PPM and the buckets dropped from 650ppm to 610 so with almost 200 ppm more nutes going in they are still dropping in 24 hours.This is the plants eating slightly higher than whats available.I could raise the reservoir ppm to 900 and it would probably stabilize the buckets so the PPM will neither drop nor raise but i think this is a slightly good PPM for 1050 CO2 and 84 F ambient temp.The reservoir dropped exactly 1 1/2 gallons in 24 hours so thats what went into the main bucket system.I feel like the numbers are perfect and with the tips slightly yellow i feel like i am pushing them on the edge without going over.I also think the humic acids in the floralicious plus is slightly elevated and is what is causing the slight tip burn but its a good thing so ill leave it.
Water temp is 65 degrees and roots are white with no issues.4ML of calimagic per gallon is keeping the calcium and magnesium in check and is what i always run no matter what.I can get away with a little lower on other strains but the OG tends to want more calmag.
room temp is 84 and RH at 60%.I dropped another hour off the timer so now they are on 18/6 and tommorrow i will keep dropping 1 hour a day.I figure 5 more days to 12/12 and it will be timed to fill the scrog in perfect.these plants stretch about 18 to 20 inches so 5 more days will be the mark on flower timing to get a nice scrog and all the bud sites on top of the screen.

20170920 2119141

H

heisen

Gotcha are your phenos sensitive to light? I have some scots og crosses that i keep in rotation and they all tend to be light shy
Im not sure about any strain sensitive to light.I think if all other variables are in check the plants should want as much light as can be available.As long as PH and nutrient availabilty are in good ranges Lights should be on PAR no matter the strain.I have 315W CMH bare bulbs 18 inches from the top and these plants dont give a rats ass.They love it.All the (real Scotts) ive grown has loved light.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I think chickenman means his scots og was done in a greenhouse not by greenhouse,regardless all the pics look good!.76
Yup solex covered...
All my OGs came from friend Natural therapy..
The blockhead and gnash crosses are the bomb...
Very lucky he shares his work...
Amazing fella and breeder...
Loves our chickens..
roasted that is...

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Heis - Just bought a pack of the Scotts Og after watching your grow diary on it. Supposedly supposed to be one of the strongest kush cuts you can get. Looking fire my dude, keep it up

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Could never grow like that..
Not knocking it but seems a bit complicated..
Good work....
Pretty lucky to be able to live where we do. Pretty much the same as the Kush mountain region..
Hot dry windy days cool nights..
Been working soil 16 years all plants pretty much need just a little manure during grow..Bucket each or so top dressed.
Rain all day yesterday 1st rain since July..
Ground got soaked one of my fave plants, probally the most beautiful plant I have ever grown, off and on since 1970, fell over lost maybe a third, chocolate charm, never seen anything like it..
Went out at dark, was cussing and crying will repair today...

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Could never grow like that..
Not knocking it but seems a bit complicated..
Good work....
Pretty lucky to be able to live where we do. Pretty much the same as the Kush mountain region..
Hot dry windy days cool nights..
Been working soil 16 years all plants pretty much need just a little manure during grow..Bucket each or so top dressed.
Rain all day yesterday 1st rain since July..
Ground got soaked one of my fave plants, probally the most beautiful plant I have ever grown, off and on since 1970, fell over lost maybe a third, chocolate charm, never seen anything like it..
Went out at dark, was cussing and crying will repair today...
A lot easier than it looks dude, but the real work is if yo DONT have a recirculating system, and even then I don't change my buckets often. Maybe two to three times a grow, I just add nutes when ppms drop. I'm sorry to hear about the plant, but if she's strong she'll be alright brotha!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Had to hack it base completely broke, a monster.
tore off all fan leaves hung to dry, may make hash or see how it turns out...
Down to 35 tonite will cover with argibond tomatoes and melons as well...

H

heisen

Heis - Just bought a pack of the Scotts Og after watching your grow diary on it. Supposedly supposed to be one of the strongest kush cuts you can get. Looking fire my dude, keep it up
You won't be dissapointed.im wanting to get my hands on 501st og and rugburn next

H

heisen

Got them stable at 620ppm.the top off reservoir is 670 and the main system is 620.It has stayed at 620 now for almost 36 hours so they are not eating more than whats available and not allowing a salt buildup from not eating enough so this tells me im right where i need to be.This will be my go to numbers on the next run so pretty much at steady 3 to 4 week growth 620 is a good number for my system.Ive noticed in these recirculating systems PPM levels have to be lower than other systems or you will zap the shit out of the plants.Allows very vigorous growth at lower PPM which is what i like.
2nd day of 12/12 and since the plants are from clones and almost a year old they will start flowering pretty fast.Screen is 90 percent filled in and once i hit my target squares im gonna spend about 2 hours sorting out all the bullshit and making sure my main branch tops all have a place to go.The real fun starts in a week when i start to transistion to flower nutes.

20170924 225520

20170924 2257401

H

heisen

PPM is holding around 620 in the buckets for 72 hours and plants look very healthy so this is where im at.plants are starting to smell good now so i expect flowering to start around the 5th day.screen will be completely filled in 3 more days so things will be on the up and up.
Pic before i tucked some branches.
20170925 230238

and after tucking.Im gonna let them grow for 3 days and do the final tucking and cuts.

20170925 232124

the top of reservoir is slightly higher than the buckets so the system is tuned in exactly the way i want,I always run 4ML per gallon of calimagic no matter wehat.This is a must in RO water and before i established this rule i would always have calcium issues big time trying to tune in the calmag is a waste of time.I just run 4ML per gallon through the whole grow and its exactly what i add in first.

20170925 220852

H

heisen

This shit is on a roll,PPM dropped to 590 so once i run the transistion nutes ill bump it to 700 which will be in about 3 days,They normally start eating it up during the heavy stretch so well see.

20170926 230326

H

heisen

The transistion is taking place so i will go to equal parts A and B Floraduo.I had increased the top off res to 700PPM and it seems like the main bucket system stayed at 630 but this part is really unimportant.The important part is the plants are about to start stretching so they are gonna demand higher feeding.This is the beauty of a top off res in this stage,I can keep the main bucket PPM at 630 and reset the res water and nutes.I matched the top off res to the buckets at 630 PPM.This is critical in figuring out how much PPM they are demanding.I could just shut off the valve to the main buckets but if the water level drops the PPM will natuarally go up giving me a false reading.I have to match the res to the buckets so it is replacing what is being taken at the same exact PPM.If my PPM drops 100 in 24 hours than i can raise the buckets to say 700 but i will also have to match the res to the same.Once i get the bucket PPM and the res PPM equaled out over a 24 hour period where there is no more rise or fall than this will be my target.I can let it fall back a little but this is part of the dialing in process for future runs of these plants and hopefully anyone reading this will take something from it.Once the plants get to flowering up i will go 2 to 1 part B and A and add the bloom boosters in as needed.
The screen is 95 percent filled and i cut alot of dead ends out.everything is mostly going vertical now so im raising the lights 4 clicks a day.
20170930 005232

whitebob

whitebob

The transistion is taking place so i will go to equal parts A and B Floraduo.I had increased the top off res to 700PPM and it seems like the main bucket system stayed at 630 but this part is really unimportant.The important part is the plants are about to start stretching so they are gonna demand higher feeding.This is the beauty of a top off res in this stage,I can keep the main bucket PPM at 630 and reset the res water and nutes.I matched the top off res to the buckets at 630 PPM.This is critical in figuring out how much PPM they are demanding.I could just shut off the valve to the main buckets but if the water level drops the PPM will natuarally go up giving me a false reading.I have to match the res to the buckets so it is replacing what is being taken at the same exact PPM.If my PPM drops 100 in 24 hours than i can raise the buckets to say 700 but i will also have to match the res to the same.Once i get the bucket PPM and the res PPM equaled out over a 24 hour period where there is no more rise or fall than this will be my target.I can let it fall back a little but this is part of the dialing in process for future runs of these plants and hopefully anyone reading this will take something from it.Once the plants get to flowering up i will go 2 to 1 part B and A and add the bloom boosters in as needed.
The screen is 95 percent filled and i cut alot of dead ends out.everything is mostly going vertical now so im raising the lights 4 clicks a day.View attachment 745793
looking sweet dude..

H

heisen

Got them thinned out to a branch in every other square in the scrog.56 total vertical main branches.I had to cut some nice ones out that hurt but it had to be done.630 PPM in the buckets and 650 in the top off res.It has not gone up or down in 48 hours so this is good shit.the ratios are 1 to 1 now on part A and B,4ML per gallon of calimagic,1 ML per gallon of floralicious plus and ive cut out the rapid start now.I think the mix is about half strength on the flora duo of what they call for on there charts.There charts are always way higher than need be.Have not changed the bucket mix but once since it started.Ill do a change out and flush when the tops start to crown.

20171001 231219

Farmer P

Farmer P

I put together a video on my method and explains the way i do it.Im not the best at making videos but here it is for some who might find it helpful

Good Vid! Next time turn your phone sideways for fullscreen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom