Perfecting Scotts Og

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

getting down to the last 3 weeks.The calyxs are starting to swell up now.They still have a ways but it wont be long.pushing 800 PPM now but alot of that is aded calmag cause of the calcium problem i ran into.These OG's are calcium pigs and next time i run this i will bump the calmag to 7 ML per gallon and do a calcium folier spray before flower.Either way im gonna pull over a pound under 600 watts of CMH.I will post the final weight and bud pics after its all over.

DSC 0300

DSC 0283

DSC 0269

@brazel you know you want to come on over to the darkside.I still got 3 weeks left on these lol.
DSC 0309

King Julien

King Julien

That last pic makes me think of bringing an ugly friend to make you look better. I'm looking at you sprite can.

Beautiful grow by the way.

G gnome

G gnome

getting down to the last 3 weeks.The calyxs are starting to swell up now.They still have a ways but it wont be long.pushing 800 PPM now but alot of that is aded calmag cause of the calcium problem i ran into.These OG's are calcium pigs and next time i run this i will bump the calmag to 7 ML per gallon and do a calcium folier spray before flower.Either way im gonna pull over a pound under 600 watts of CMH.I will post the final weight and bud pics after its all over.

View attachment 755532

View attachment 755533

View attachment 755534
@brazel you know you want to come on over to the darkside.I still got 3 weeks left on these lol.
View attachment 755535

Mmmmm sprite!

Junk

Junk

definitly looks different than the other phenos i ran but either way its nice shit.I never seen the red hairs.
Here was the number 11 that i kinda wanted to keep but i let her go cause the yield wasnt as great as i would have liked.It was kinda neglible but #12 was just to good overall so thats the one i kept.The leaves on 11 never got really frosted up but the buds were frost city.crazy ass frost.pic was taken right around 6 weeks into flower.
View attachment 742581

View attachment 742582
I just drooled all over myself...

P

Pimples

My cousin bought 2 packs of Scotts Og from RD a few years ago. She germed all of them. Narrowed it down to one jaw dropping pheno. My grow pals and I passed that cut around like a whore and ran the hell out of it. Whole 8 and 10,000 watt Michigan basements packed with nothing but that cut. Thats how good it was. Wow. Wish I would of kept her. This was a good 3 maybe 4 years ago. When RD was newish and a relatively hot new seed company. Anyways..yes. Scotts Og..there is pure hell fire in them seeds if your willing to snag a few packs and look for the really good keepers. Damn fine smoke. Its one of the seed strains that made me rethink the over hype that comes with so called "elite clone onlys".

King Julien

King Julien

My cousin bought 2 packs of Scotts Og from RD a few years ago. She germed all of them. Narrowed it down to one jaw dropping pheno. My grow pals and I passed that cut around like a whore and ran tue hell out of it. Wow. Wish I would of kept her. This was a good 3 maybe 4 years ago. When RD was newish and hot new seed company. Anyways..yes. Scotts Og..there is pure hell fire in them seeds if your willing to snag a few packs and look for the really good keepers. Damn fine smoke. Its one of the seed strains that made me rethink the over hype that comes with so called "elite clone onlys".

I convinced myself of that years ago growing out reggie seeds from the same bag and having one out of 30+ of them be some real dank ass fire yet generally grow like all the rest. Genetic drift can only be made so stable. After a certain point life finds a way.

It's kind of like hooking up with the hot sister out of a bunch of uggos. Just looking for the right mix of those same genetics.

P

Pimples

With seed packs and wonky names and crosses..its all about getting lucky anymore. Buy a couple packs of something (about 20 or 30 seeds) and really focus on them seeds. Dial shit in and theres a good chance you will find a keeper mother plant to clone the piss out of. The elite clone onlys had to of started somewhere. And alot of that shit is just hoarding and hype. Ive ran clone onlys back in the day. They are really good..mostly. But theres a good chance one can find the same fire quality in a few packs of a reputable seed maker. If you dont have access to the fire cuts..its a little more work..but it can happen with seed packs. No doubt in my mind. Ive done it... Many times.

Last edited:
King Julien

King Julien

With seed packs and wonky names and crosses..its all about getting lucky anymore. Buy a couple packs of something (about 20 or 30 seeds) and really focus on them seeds. Dial shit in and theres a good chance you will find a keeper mother plant to clone the piss out of. The elite clone onlys had to of started somewhere. And alot of that shit is just hoarding and hype. Ive ran clone onlys back in the day. They are really good..mostly. But theres a good chance one can find the same fire quality in a few packs of a reputable seed maker. If you dont have access to the fire cuts..its a little more work..but it can happen with seed packs. No doubt in my mind. Ive done. Many times.

For sure. I've even done it by hitting the lotto with reggie seeds. It took a ton of them to get one that was really something incredible but after my friend and me growing over a hundred reggie seed plants over the years there was one that stood out.

We never got clones or seeds from it but it smelled and tasted like lemon-berry jones soda and would make you forget to know how to do things you'd done your whole life. The first bowl I smoked it took me 15 minutes before I was able to figure out how to type a sentence on a keyboard. Smoked it while trying to do a 10 man raid on World of Warcraft and had to bow out because I couldn't manage to remember how to play the game.

Really, really, really wish I could have gotten some seeds from that plant seeing as it was long enough ago I could never have managed to take care of the clones from it.

H

heisen

I really wish i would have kept this one.It was Number 11 Pheno and i kick myself in the ss everyday.It was probably the best smoke my wife still talks about today.The one i have now was a really good yielder but that 11 was fire man.The leaves never got frosty but the calyxys and smaller leaves OMG would just frost the fuck up like crazy.Anyway heres the one i let go.

20170713 23033t3

20170713 230333

Junk

Junk

I really wish i would have kept this one.It was Number 11 Pheno and i kick myself in the ss everyday.It was probably the best smoke my wife still talks about today.The one i have now was a really good yielder but that 11 was fire man.The leaves never got frosty but the calyxys and smaller leaves OMG would just frost the fuck up like crazy.Anyway heres the one i let go.

View attachment 756299

View attachment 756300
I really wish you kept that one too lol

Out of curiosity, what is it?

Junk

Junk

This is the summary on Leafly...

"Scott’s OG is an indica-dominant hybrid strain bred by Rare Dankness Seeds, who crossed Triangle Kush with their Rare Dankness #1 to create this prominent OG variety. Designed with the veteran in mind, Scott’s OG has potently euphoric effects that a novice or occasional consumer might find jarring. A thick blanket of crystal trichomes covers its buds like a fur coat, which should serve as a warning of this strain’s intense effects. True to its OG heritage, Scott’s OG gives off an earthy, sour aroma that is sweetened by citrusy lemon flavors."

This strains interests me. I just got rid of a Triangle Kush cross and I hear a lot about this one, so I may replace it. I hear about Scotts all the time, but never looked into it. I didn't even know it was a TK cross.

For those of you who have used it, what time of day do you find this strain useful?

A "potently euphoric effect that a novice or occasional user might find jarring..." <--That part has me curious lol, I'd like to try a jarring strain...

H

heisen

Almost over.running dry koolbloom now and 5 ML of liquid Koolbloom per gallon.Also 5 ML of diamond nector per gallon.Everything else i cut out.They are prety close.I figured the day after thanksgiving or maybe a few days but somewhere around in there will be 8 weeks.

DSC 0397

DSC 0367

DSC 0380

H

heisen

Chopped them tonight.Went almost 9 weeks flower so im good.630 W CMH piulled some weight in a 3x4 scrog.To easy.I have a very good formula now to run them again.Ill post the smoke report and dry weight after its all done.Im guessing 1.4.All the colas looked almost like these.Just big ass scrog donkeys.
DSC 0408

DSC 0414

DSC 0404

2 plants in this tote.Still had the middle one to cut.
DSC 0400

Junk

Junk

Chopped them tonight.Went almost 9 weeks flower so im good.630 W CMH piulled some weight in a 3x4 scrog.To easy.I have a very good formula now to run them again.Ill post the smoke report and dry weight after its all done.Im guessing 1.4.All the colas looked almost like these.Just big ass scrog donkeys.
View attachment 759595

View attachment 759596

View attachment 759597
2 plants in this tote.Still had the middle one to cut.
View attachment 759598

How long did you flush those for?

And how are the trichs looking? From the pics, it looked like they could go another week? But if it's a 10 weeker....well, I'd have to think about that.

Looking forward to the report.

H

heisen

pulled 1.4 pounds dry.right around a gram a watt.The smoke is crazy good.the smell is fukin nuts.double bagged no way to hide this shit on you.
I cut before i got to may amber trichs.My wife dont like the couch lock high at all.she likes to stay busy.The trichs had been turning cloudy all through flower and was 90 percent when i cut.The time was perfect.
I pulled 11 big mason jars of dried buds that smell amazing and is pretty potent.

G

growgrow89

Would you recommend this strain for a first timer? I'm gonna start with soil.

Top Bottom