Peyote Purple

• Thread starter kds710
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Calixylon

Calixylon

All look seriously great, but some are just not there in terms of potency of cbds even, sounds like its great breeding material. Anything to up the potency nd retain that frost and color

shemshemet

shemshemet

Honestly, I am a little confused on Cannabiogen's philosophy here. Pakistan Chitral Kush already has wonderful colors. For them to offer peyote purple kinda baffles me.

Their description highlights its flavors and trichomes. Maybe it has huge flavor over the PCK?

Or maybe its just more a of 'pop' strain, to get a little bit of biz from the masses?
...EVERYBODY loves bubba kush...

Not knocking cannabiogen, their offerings of landrace and close to landrace strains REALLY makes them stand out in today's cannamarket. Just don't understand the peyote.

sun

sun

not trying to knock cannabiogen , but I suspect they may have mistakenly crossed a pck into this strain at some point , which isn't bad ,. Pck is one of the prettiest plants I've seen.

kds710

kds710

All look seriously great, but some are just not there in terms of potency of cbds even, sounds like its great breeding material. Anything to up the potency nd retain that frost and color
Agreed. After having grown the Peyote Purple other crosses like EG's Spirit In The Sky or Dark side of the moon have me interested because of exactly that.

About wether there truly is Bubba Kush anywhere in the Peyote Purple I can't say for sure. I've never smoked real pre 98 or katsu or original bubba, but for the past few years my brother and then me have up til recently grown a cross called Bubba Kush x Casey Jones - could be other way around - and its been a top 5 favorite of ours the whole time. With a nice cure it's got the clear minded mellow feeling high like I've heard people describe the bubba and thats the kind of high I get from the peyote purple so it's possible there is Bubba in the lineage

Last edited:
Calixylon

Calixylon

The cross I grew was pp x Querkle x Querkle, 2 phenos had the purple coloration, almost black, one was green but buds and some leaves got color. There all super frosty though, to the point where their deceiving ly frosty. You'd think the buds would have to wreck you with how sugary they are but the potency just isn't there unfortunately. Querkle itself isn't very potent, I think pp x to a strong OG is the ticket.

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

If I remember correctly PP is a true breeding plant for the purple trait. Thats it mainly, its a heavily worked cross of Bubba, I believe they used both katsu and p98 offspring to successively breed for that deep purple, the were going for looks, structure and trichome production I believe, thus the phenos being all over the place as for odor, potency etc. Great great breeding material it seems like.

kds710

kds710

If I remember correctly PP is a true breeding plant for the purple trait. Thats it mainly, its a heavily worked cross of Bubba, I believe they used both katsu and p98 offspring to successively breed for that deep purple, the were going for looks, structure and trichome production I believe, thus the phenos being all over the place as for odor, potency etc. Great great breeding material it seems like.
Well I'd say they certainly hit their mark as far as trich production structure and looks. Bag appeal is out of this world. But the phenos aren't really all over the place, because while the slight differences are there you can see they are extremely close in appearance and everything else with the yellow trichome pheno being the exception and even that pheno's only big difference is the color of the crystals. Great breeding material for sure. Cross the peyote to the right OG like Calixylon said and there you have it, the connoisseur's delight

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

Ah I see, so its relatively true breeding through and through? My only experience with it is reading about it. Might have to pick up a pack or two. THanks @kds710

alaskind

alaskind

fun read... just grabbed a pack off the new Ace site :) Im gonna wait to pop em to find a Strftr. leaning Kimbo male to cross it with...

N

nudger39

Ive currently got PP in Veg, does anyone know if it is notoriously slow in veg please? im tempted to bin it to be honest, any experience in this strain would be greatly appreciated.

kds710

kds710

just put into her flower, took me nearly 3 months to get a decent structure!
She's a nice looking plant with that structure imo...you'll be in awe of this strain up close in person in her later weeks, seriously amazing

N

nudger39

So glad I never put her in the bin! was very hard getting a decent shape with her, never known a strain so slow in veg! I can see purple pistols already :)

FirePheno77

FirePheno77

Dead honest with both of you, this herb has next to no odor but what does come through is pretty on point with cannabiogen's description - mango, metal, and shampoo. Also a good average of females like they said. Had 6 out of 10,ill take that all day. All in all the Peyote Purple isnt what i reach for when i feel like smoking something other than bho, doesnt pack much of a punch. Phenos are all very similar, almost difficult to distinguish
I actually hunted thru 100 beans and after 80, found a pp male

Top Bottom