Ph Crashes After Adding Ro

• Thread starter RoeBuck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Why do you guys even bother taking the PH of your RO before adding nutes? I fill my reservoir with RO, add nutes, and it is usually 6.0 ph by itself. If I need to adjust it then I do.
Well we dont, but when I stuck my meter in to watch Ec as I filled my res, I noticed that it would not give me a ph reading so I thought My batteries were going bad. But just as soon as I added Si, and Calmag, it started showing a ph... I finely figured out how much Si to add in the beginning to equal out the nutes which are acidic.. my ph will come in 5.7 to 5.9 with no adjustment..

Toph420

Toph420

I had this happen to me on my last run of Chemdog #4, it happened after about week 6 of 9 weeks total. Had to start adding ph up instead of ph down, doesn't sound like it was as severe as what you are describing though.. I was following cch2o's nutrient chart and realized that i was using a 10 week strain on an 8 week guide and i started dropping the nutrient ppm like 2 weeks to soon, i think thats why that happened to me.

S

SpaceFarmers

Well we dont, but when I stuck my meter in to watch Ec as I filled my res, I noticed that it would not give me a ph reading so I thought My batteries were going bad. But just as soon as I added Si, and Calmag, it started showing a ph... I finely figured out how much Si to add in the beginning to equal out the nutes which are acidic.. my ph will come in 5.7 to 5.9 with no adjustment..

Rep told me not to add silica.
No adverse effects for you?

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I had this happen to me on my last run of Chemdog #4, it happened after about week 6 of 9 weeks total. Had to start adding ph up instead of ph down, doesn't sound like it was as severe as what you are describing though.. I was following cch2o's nutrient chart and realized that i was using a 10 week strain on an 8 week guide and i started dropping the nutrient ppm like 2 weeks to soon, i think thats why that happened to me.
where you been homie?

H

h.h

You won't find RO water in nature. It isn't stable. Not good for plants. Not good to drink. It is an ingredient for hydro to which other ingredients must be added.

Toph420

Toph420

where you been homie?

Been a rough past few weeks, finally just about fully recovered from being sick.. Three more weeks till i harvest my first coco run, taking it the full 10 weeks this time.. Ill try to pop in and post a couple snaps of it..

Ya well tell him event from thcfarmer said he is full of shit...

this is what cch2o says about silica.. Doesnt really say not to use it...
Screen Shot 2018 02 13 at 111916 AM

Last edited:
S

SpaceFarmers

Why do u gotta be rude about it tho
is he really full of shit ?
Plenty of people agree not to add silica.
Guess I’ll call UC directly and ask directly but where’s the animosity coming from lmao

Ya well tell him event from thcfarmer said he is full of shit...
s

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Why do u gotta be rude about it tho
is he really full of shit ?
Plenty of people agree not to add silica.
Guess I’ll call UC directly and ask directly but where’s the animosity coming from lmao

s
Oh my bad bro..
I didnt mean it like that..
I was just saying they full of shit because i use it.. But then again i never read what that said before..

S

SpaceFarmers

Oh my bad bro..
I didnt mean it like that..
I was just saying they full of shit because i use it.. But then again i never read what that said before..

No problem man. Well at least now there is a little FYI to whoever is having any bio film and is running silica.
Silica is a potential problem.
If there has been no issue for you than right on!

Has anybody here experimented with some MOAB and or Floralicious Plus while using the Cs nutes?

Top Bottom