Ph In Full Strength Brew Is Very Low

• Thread starter eyeball
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eyeball

eyeball

Hello..
I've been following caps basic brew, so my question is: I start with a PH of 6.5 . After 24hrs with a very foamy brew my ph is 4.7.. I want to do a full strength pour in soil, should I or can use ph up.
Thanks..

Last edited:
G gnome

G gnome

Hello..
I've been following caps basic brew, so my question is: I start with a PH of 6.5 . After 2hrs with a very foamy brew my ph is 4.7.. I want to do a full strength pour in soil, should I or can use ph up.
Thanks..
Yes. U can absolutely adjust pH of ur tea. Tho im sure im gonna get someone who disagrees w me but heres what ive learned......depending on the ph of ur tea u either end up w more fungus or bacteria. likes an even mixture of both so id shoot for around ph neutral

W

whocares

Hello..
I've been following caps basic brew, so my question is: I start with a PH of 6.5 . After 24hrs with a very foamy brew my ph is 4.7.. I want to do a full strength pour in soil, should I or can use ph up.
Thanks..

This seems odd as i dont think any bacteria would be very happy brewing in water that acidic.

eyeball

eyeball

This seems odd as i dont think any bacteria would be very happy brewing in water that acidic.

It's the first time I checked the brews ph. Normally I just pour it into 100 gal rez and it's fine.. The only thing I can think of, the brew did get cold over night,, in the low 60's.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You can adjust the pH of your tea, but don't add the pH adjusters directly to it. Add them to a bit of water to dilute, then add to the tea. OR, you can just drop a small handful or so of something like oyster shell flour or dolomitic lime into the tea. Because it's so acidic it will cause the release of the carbonate molecules, thus driving the pH of the tea upward. I suggest putting it into a bit of pantyhose or similar because I can tell you it's REALLY easy to push it too high, and then you're kinda fucked because it'll take a lot of acid to bring it back down again.

In other words, go easy.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

The problem with teas or how people are using it is it creates a rich nutrient that is immediately, Available to plants.
As well give,all the goodies in our soil ,, a treat. we spent hrs bubbling and mixing our teas , only to check ph when done and its low.
Been a long time since i made any teas ( Not Needed anymore ).
has anyone left it settle allowing fungi and microlife to settle and establish i bit ??? rather then make and use it immediately..
maybe someone that is making a tea can put couple bottles a side and guage ph over next 24 hrs with out bubbling ??? we might be surprised and see ph climb and stabilize once ph is stable shake and pour ;) with out adding a chemical compound such as potassium hydroxide or adding dolomite lime causing a to much magnesium in your soil and eventually, creating more problems for you

But i am curious has anyone let there teas settle for like 24 hrs after the bubbling process was done do a ph check on it like 8 16 24 hr mark ??? my guess is ph will climb and stabilize allowing micro life and fungi to establish them selfs ???

mandalaman

mandalaman

You can adjust the pH of your tea, but don't add the pH adjusters directly to it. Add them to a bit of water to dilute, then add to the tea. OR, you can just drop a small handful or so of something like oyster shell flour or dolomitic lime into the tea. Because it's so acidic it will cause the release of the carbonate molecules, thus driving the pH of the tea upward. I suggest putting it into a bit of pantyhose or similar because I can tell you it's REALLY easy to push it too high, and then you're kinda fucked because it'll take a lot of acid to bring it back down again.

In other words, go easy.

Awesome advice @Seamaiden I will be using it :cool:

I wish I had read this prior to applying the tea which had a pH of 7.0 to the Rez of both my solo buckets mere minutes ago :p

I adjusted the pH after the molasses, took a ton of pH up to get it to 6.5 per ogbiowar.com. It didn't mention adjusting the pH after the brew was complete and i foolishly assumed I didn't have to. As it sits the pH in both buckets is 6.4/6.3 - do I need to adjust it or is that within acceptable range?

Thanks!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Isnt ph down acidic and ph up a base?

Latest posts

Top Bottom