Ph Issue Or Something Else?!?

• Thread starter NHWhites
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NHWhites

NHWhites

I’m growing in happy frog, using notg nutes with recharge and photosynthesis+. So far it’s had two full feedings with notg (ppm ~500 from nutes, ph 6.3)and two recharge only. I don’t understand what’s happening with the leaves, retarded mutations. They twist almost immediately. Is it a ph issue or overwatering? I’m scratching my head. Perhaps it’s just a genetic abnormality or is consistent with other Blackberry Kush strains. Strain is Fire Alien Strawberry x Blackberry Kush
Ph issue or something else
Ph issue or something else 2
Ph issue or something else 3
Ph issue or something else 4
Ph issue or something else 5
Ph issue or something else 6
Ph issue or something else 7
Ph issue or something else 8

Monster762

Monster762

How long are they drying. Soil looks real dry. But that’s just secondary observation. Honestly ph at 6.3 is ok which leads to the bad thought of russet mites or something at your roots. Glossy twisted leaves. Scope everything real good 100x magnification. Soil leaves stems and under leaves. Nothing flying around right?

NHWhites

NHWhites

How long are they drying. Soil looks real dry. But that’s just secondary observation. Honestly ph at 6.3 is ok which leads to the bad thought of russet mites or something at your roots. Glossy twisted leaves. Scope everything real good 100x magnification. Soil leaves stems and under leaves. Nothing flying around right?
I’ll check for pests but there’s another plant, same strain that isn’t suffering from any issues. There’s nothing flying around that I can see. I’ve actually had a couple lady bugs in my house that I’ve thrown in the tent and there’s a ground spider living in the tent now. The last water they had was on Sunday, bottom fed/watered to keep the top dry to ward off/prevent fungus gnats. If both plants were f’ed up I’d say it was environmental but they are the same seed strain (regular) and this one is just being a bitch. It also took an extra five days for the seed to germinate. This is what’s making me thing that maybe it’s just a mutant

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

im with gt,6.5 is my sweet spot in soil,twice in past grows i have had to swing it to 6.8,,6.3 is your low in soil,,let me ask how old those plants are? have you checked the hannah chart to see were you need to be at this stage,with the red stems i would also say your running cold in there,,i dont ph nothing,when i start i start with 6.8 soil and roll wit it,i dont feed nutrients either,i feed with barley malt,steel cut oats,oat bran,aleo vera coconut water,then i switch it up by using KNF methods with OHN and FPJ,then i switch it up again with extreme blend,my favorite weapon if i have problems and usally dont because,i like to use humic and fulvic acid with the barley malt,,even bottle nutes work great when applied right,there is no this is the best,cause you can cram kriptonite down the plant throat and it only gonna take what it needs,keep this in mind though,them leaves might be twisted and all crazy on ya,but as long as them leaves stay green you gonna have buds and thats what it about,lmao

NHWhites

NHWhites

im with gt,6.5 is my sweet spot in soil,twice in past grows i have had to swing it to 6.8,,6.3 is your low in soil,,let me ask how old those plants are? have you checked the hannah chart to see were you need to be at this stage,with the red stems i would also say your running cold in there,,i dont ph nothing,when i start i start with 6.8 soil and roll wit it,i dont feed nutrients either,i feed with barley malt,steel cut oats,oat bran,aleo vera coconut water,then i switch it up by using KNF methods with OHN and FPJ,then i switch it up again with extreme blend,my favorite weapon if i have problems and usally dont because,i like to use humic and fulvic acid with the barley malt,,even bottle nutes work great when applied right,there is no this is the best,cause you can cram kriptonite down the plant throat and it only gonna take what it needs,keep this in mind though,them leaves might be twisted and all crazy on ya,but as long as them leaves stay green you gonna have buds and thats what it about,lmao
Temps are 81 day 60ish at night. Rh is an issue though, usually between 25-40% max and not much more I can do unless I get a bigger humidifier

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Temps are 81 day 60ish at night. Rh is an issue though, usually between 25-40% max and not much more I can do unless I get a bigger humidifier
those are good temps,rh at 40 is even good they would like more in veg but hey what can you do,,i say bump that ph to 6.5 and keep eye on the new growth,,like i said i dont use any meters and such,i just 1/4 strength every thing,,when i grew in coco,thats another story,meters for when they take a shit hahahah,happy frog is great soil even the garden centers are using it were im at,so it aint your soil,,did you check the hannah chart to see were you need to have your ppm and or ec levels at this stage

NHWhites

NHWhites

Never heard of the Hannah chart until now. I dropped these seeds in water on 11/2. The taller one germinated instantly but the one with the issue literally took another 5-7 days to germinate. I’ll check the Hannah chart. I’ve defintely been easing into the nutes. My goal is that they’ll be ready to flip by 1/1, assuming at least one is female.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

if you got room in your tent or space,take a coffe container and a cheap ass air pump from wally world,put the tube in and turn on let it sit in there and bubble,the moving air will catch the moisture coming out of container,,getto humidifer,lmao

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Never heard of the Hannah chart until now. I dropped these seeds in water on 11/2. The taller one germinated instantly but the one with the issue literally took another 5-7 days to germinate. I’ll check the Hannah chart. I’ve defintely been easing into the nutes. My goal is that they’ll be ready to flip by 1/1, assuming at least one is female.
seedlings early sprouts 100-250 ppm or 0.2-0.5 ec
early veg 300-400 0.6-0.8 ec
full veg 450-750 0.9-1.4 ec
early bloom 750-950 1.5-1.9 ec
full mature bloom 1000-1600 2,0-3.2 ec
this is out of the hannah chart hope it helps,got to keep in mind that even if they are the same strain,each plant has its own genetics,if you dig,,like the red stems,some can be from cal-mag issues,some from cold and some just be that way no matter what you do,i got to say all with the red stems have been some potent shit that ive grown,,so dont sweat it man,the weed can grow in rock,we try to take it past its limits some times and the real problem is us,,i think you gear looks good,keep in mind when you do flip all that gonna come off,important to make sure your gear is healthy before you flip,or it will wind up flipping you and the temper trying to fix it

NHWhites

NHWhites

I agree about it being a ‘weed’ and it just wants to grow and not be fucked with lol. We as growers are pushing the plant to its limits.
I watered tonight and topped so we’ll see what happens. I’ll definitely make sure they’re healthy before flip. I don’t want to chase issues, waste time and resources because I was impatient.

NHWhites

NHWhites

I’m also growing these under a “400” watt roleadro cob light. I’ve been looking at a 315 cmh or doubling up on the roleadro

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I’m also growing these under a “400” watt roleadro cob light. I’ve been looking at a 315 cmh or doubling up on the roleadro
i just switched to 2 new led lights,thought i give um a try ,some folk around here dont think i can change hahahah,,so far i like um,plants are digging better too,even thinking of trying threw these summers around here,lmao

Organikz

Organikz

UV stress my friend. The leaves are literally shielding up. I have some light burn on my plants. It causes the wrinkled growth. The leaves will taco to prevent moisture loss in excess.

Organikz

Organikz

I began figuring out this was my issue when I saw literal shielding and shying from light like yours. Phototropism.

Top Bottom