Ph/ppm/c/tds Best Digital Handheld Meter?

• Thread starter akstoner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
akstoner

akstoner

I am debating on PH/PPM meter but trying to stay under 50$.....off amazon what would everyones advice?
I would like to hear pros/cons of the current meter you have also what brand and style who knows i may buy the old water strips!!!!! LMAO

Hanna Combo pH/EC/TDS/C/PPM Tester HI98129 and
6 in 1 Ph Mv Temperature Conductivity TDS Salt Combo Salinity Tester with ORP Electrode
but cant see forking over 130$ for a ph meter........ and the rest I see are cheaply made or atleast look it.........

21eadc300ee0ee5c40fa6407ea1ef537
Last edited:
Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Ime ph/tds meters are one of those things you really don't want to cheap out on. I use the blue lab pens and they've held up great for me. Easy to maintain and durable. They're around $100 a piece but I believe there's a combo pack for a bit cheaper overall.

I've used the drops and the strips and they're good for determining a range of your nute solution if its clear but the second you have any kind of kelp in there their reliability goes out the window.

As for the meters im using the only con I can think of is sometimes the power button on the ph meter sticks but that could be chalked up to trichs on my fingers.

LadyBuds

LadyBuds

I am not sure with cheaper ones, I agree with Savage your ph and ppm meter isn't something to cheap out on. You want to make sure your as accurate as possible. I use the BlueLabs ph and ppm pens and honestly I wouldn't change to anything else. Also I would buy from a local hydro store in case you have issues with it you can just take it back. I have found out the hard way that even buying quality brands on amazon isn't the same. I purchased BlueLabs ph and ppm pens on amazon and out the box the ph pen wouldn't calibrate and a month and half later the ppm meter went out. I just spent the extra $40 and got them from my local hydro store, so if anything happens to them I can just exchange it out right there and not have to deal with mailing it off waiting for them to process it then ship a replacement. That time lost not testing your water could cause damage to your babies.

banditxiv

banditxiv

I had the same issue with a meter I bought of Amazon like 3 months back.i contacted them and they gave me a full refund

Latest posts

Top Bottom