Phosphorus Deficiency ? Or Nute Burn

• Thread starter dduc2310
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dduc2310

Please help to diagnose the plant. I am not sure what is the problem. I just added some bat guano to the soil few days back. The symptoms look like phosphorus deficiency but i am not really sure.

Here are pics

Phosphorus deficiency  or nute burn
Phosphorus deficiency  or nute burn 2
Phosphorus deficiency  or nute burn 3
Phosphorus deficiency  or nute burn 4
Phosphorus deficiency  or nute burn 5
MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

Here’s a little help! I’m sure someone more experienced may be able to provide better help than this chart wouldn’t give :)

192ECCC9 D31B 47BC 8E27 9F680F6BE0A8
Nugg

Nugg

That's like scanning your cars check engine light...it will tell what's bad..but not what's causing the issues...you have to check out the whole system to figure it out.. can't just go throwing stuff at it ..

D

dduc2310

That's like scanning your cars check engine light...it will tell what's bad..but not what's causing the issues...you have to check out the whole system to figure it out.. can't just go throwing stuff at it ..
I'm using super soil for the plant. Temp and Humid are within the range. Bat guano was added before the problem appear. I made the guano into compost tea to feed the plant (only light amount). I'm note really sure what is the cause.

Nugg

Nugg

I'm sure that you have checked your pH.in and out..and ppm.in and out...roots? It's all just guessing...

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Your plant is showing several deficiencies. First and foremost is a Mn deficiency. That ties in with P and Ca. See your purple stems? P deficient. See the light color of the leaves? Ca deficient. The leaves that are turning white and getting splotchy is dead on Mn deficient.

No idea what nutrients you are using, but those are the elements showing deficient. I would give a couple big feeds, and make sure whatever you are giving them is high in P, Ca and Mn. Good luck.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Here’s a little help! I’m sure someone more experienced may be able to provide better help than this chart wouldn’t give :)
problem with these charts is you can see what your plants has ,usally several from looking at the chart,but folks are confused as what to do,so they throw all kind stuff at them thinking it will automatic fix the issue,were in turn something else caused the problem,what the chart dont say is, what the hell locked out my plant to cause issue,so the chart has a plan and you need to decide at what point did i try to boast feed down there throat ,you mention bat guano a few days back,if im correct you had same issue last week,i might be wrong,probally am,but anyway damage is done,fix by backing off the next best thing and use water to feed a couple times,add 1 tbsp of epsome salt for the cal mag,next feed water,what you are doing is giving the plant time to recover from your mistake,or just a finiky plant,i asume you added the gauno because of the issue already at hand and it didnt help,to prove my point,i have 3 gardens outside,in my bottom garden them veggies get not a damn thing,survival of the fitest,nothing but water,to hard to get a hose 200 yrds from the house,so i plant in bulk,but that garden does the best of the three cause i just let mother nature tend to it,my other 2 gardens are container gardens and my tent is same way,always fighting them,always because im jacking with trying to figure it out,so last harvest i decided to just let um all go,and produced more fruit that me and family of 7 couldnt eat,gave rest away,lock out is due to we humans trying to force feed plants to a max yield and bites us in the butt,if you dig what im saying,most times just let um ride and you get a great crop,sure the weed might not have all the pretty thric that all the fancy phones and cameras show,but you still get high and you eat all im saying,lol

chemistry

chemistry

What does bat guano brake down into that's good for the plants, and how long does it take to brake down? Never grown with it.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

a great example of what im trying to say is the human body,we get a runny nose,we buy pills to stop it,lay down shit runs all down your throat,cant sleep so take something else to get you sleep and stop draining,wake up do the pills again and so on,the body gets addicted to nasal cures and you just feed it what ever to get going,next thing you know a doc appointment arise,what do they do?tell you quit using the pills and let nature run it course and give you antibotics to then cure the sinus infection.do you dig what im saying

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

What does bat guano brake down into that's good for the plants, and how long does it take to brake down? Never grown with it.
pretty much just a P boast bro,P and K are so close together that it real easy to swing either direction which cause what the op has,look at chart and you will see what i mean,they are lined up pretty even and a swing of just half a point will lock you up,veggies a whole difrent game indeed,but weed as tough as it is,literlly it grows in rocks,ive done it by accident hahahah,but ya it dont take much,so in my opinion best thing is let the soil recover and then start feed once a week or when plant show the sign of more,water keeps plants alive as well as we humans,think about your own diet,when you go out the box of your regular,you shit like a goose hahahahh

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

tell ya what,when i make soil all my amends are added right then,i make tea,thats my feed,ill add things like my coffee ,tea, egg shells,banana peels,then i add my knf stuff i made with a handful of compost and a little em1,all in a 33 gal can and after 24 to 36 hours i feed once a week,water if needed from there own,lmao

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
pretty much just a P boast bro,P and K are so close together that it real easy to swing either direction which cause what the op has,look at chart and you will see what i mean,they are lined up pretty even and a swing of just half a point will lock you up,veggies a whole difrent game indeed,but weed as tough as it is,literlly it grows in rocks,ive done it by accident hahahah,but ya it dont take much,so in my opinion best thing is let the soil recover and then start feed once a week or when plant show the sign of more,water keeps plants alive as well as we humans,think about your own diet,when you go out the box of your regular,you shit like a goose hahahahh

I am sorry, but this isn't good advice.

P and K are not close to each other. One is a cation, one is an anion. They don't effect each other at all actually......

Have you ever seen a cation and anion chart before?
251708_a33037aff6ef4ab18ac24df7d8c9f109~mv2.webp

looks like my picture wont come up, but it's on this link. Very informative. https://www.advancingecoag.com/managing-nutritional-integrity

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter

The main thing that matters is the elements that make up the product. Some bat guanos have high N, some have high P, but very few have high K. The entire name of the game is finding out the levels of each element and providing exactly what the plant needs. To find out more about base saturation levels, look into William Albrecht and Tiejens.

P

PiffFarms

Hey @dduc2310 did you ever find out the issue and fix this problem? Did the plant survive and have a decent yield? I am having VERY similar issues with 2 of my plants right now and am also using Super Soil and saw the issues accelerated after adding a bat guano growth shot. Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom