Pink Pistils. Good, Bad Or Genetics? Pls Help

• Thread starter BenDiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BenDiesel

BenDiesel

Hi Everyone.
I found a some bag seed and decided to attempt my very first grow. I'm Living in Cape Town, South Africa which has very good sun all year round so I decided to grow outdoor. Veg went well. Plant is currently in second week of flower and i noticed that the pistils are all basically pink in colour. Is this normal and does my plant look healthy. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated as this is my very first grow. Thanks
Pink pistils good bad or genetics pls help
Pink pistils good bad or genetics pls help 2
Pink pistils good bad or genetics pls help 2

BenDiesel

BenDiesel

Local variety? Looks very nice. I'm doubtful the pink pistils are representative of quality but they look nice.

Thanks. This is most likely Swazi Gold as most of our green is imported from Swaziland. If not it's definitely some kind of sativa based on the leaf structure. Also the stems on the fan leaves have began to purple. Is this normal?

BenDiesel

BenDiesel

Tha
Could be the strain, could be the water ph. what are the low temps at night reaching?
Thanks for the feedback. Low temps at night are average 18 Celcius/ 65 Fahrenheit. Soil ph is good at about 6.8 average.

BenDiesel

BenDiesel

its the geno type it might be crap might be the best pink geno u wont know tell she grows out but pink is sure rare id clone it for sure

I really appreciate the feedback. Does the plant look healthy overall? I haven't been able to get any tips from a community before as all my friends have never grown before.

P

Pimples

Yeah..ive had quite a few outdoor strains do that over the years. Matter of fact just this last season I had a Bodhi strain do that. Not an indicator of quality good or bad. But very nice to look at. Just pretty is all that means. I always wished I could get pink/purple pistils indoors. I never have. Nice pics though.

BenDiesel

BenDiesel

Marvelous!!! Thanks for sharing. I take it there were no issues with the final product?

Islandgrows

Islandgrows

Marvelous!!! Thanks for sharing. I take it there were no issues with the final product?
No complaints from me . A very nice smoke and I do believe if grown and flowered under better conditions would be even better. Temps of 30°C + daily is what they put up with during flower.
IMG 20170904 164044 136
IMG 20170903 182153 384
CM170903 174303005
CM170903 174250004
CM170904 161511002
CM170904 161458001

BenDiesel

BenDiesel

No complaints from me . A very nice smoke and I do believe if grown and flowered under better conditions would be even better. Temps of 30°C + daily is what they put up with during flower. View attachment 771972 View attachment 771973 View attachment 771974 View attachment 771975 View attachment 771976 View attachment 771977

This is brilliant. Thanks for that very useful information. Our day time highs average 30°C. But there is a significant drop at night. Would bringing them indoors at night assist with this? The temperature in the house is around 26°C at night as well.

Islandgrows

Islandgrows

This is brilliant. Thanks for that very useful information. Our day time highs average 30°C. But there is a significant drop at night. Would bringing them indoors at night assist with this? The temperature in the house is around 26°C at night as well.
The lowest my outdoor temps get is about 24°C . Indoors where i veg with lights on or of about a 2 degree temperature indoors at most.

Top Bottom