Pistils Not Dying Back After Pollination?

• Thread starter tweedy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tweedy

tweedy

I just dusted some flowers a few days ago and still have not seen any die back or browning of pistils.

I have never used this male or female for a cross but it seems like it did not take.

Has anyone successfully pollinated without seeing pistils die back almost immediately or should I assume that these will be seedless and try again some other time?

Thanks!

tweedy

tweedy

What are you crossing?
It is a Motorbreath x Biker Kush cross that I was trying to play with. If the pollen does not take (it was an Agent Orange male I found while popping old beans) I am goint to just reveg them and try a different donor or self them.

M

MamaBear

How old is the pollen? Was it stored properly?
I sometimes have to pollinate more than once. Give them a week and if you don't see the pistils browning or pulling in, dust her again. Don't spray water on the plants during that week - it will "kill" the pollen.
If that doesn't work, she probably has something genetic going on - maybe she's sterile. Sucks if you want to make seeds but that also makes her pure sensi which is also a good thing!
Or your male is sterile. Try using a different male and see what happens. I have a Dad that makes buckets of pollen but not much of it is actually viable. He's a genetic freak though. I have to pollinate 3-4 times with him.

Necromancer

Necromancer

If the storage was done correctly, I had a problem like this twice. I assumed the pistils were not taking to the pollen and I went against the rules after two days of nothing happening and sprayed her with RO water and let her dry ,then I Re-Pollinated her. This worked both times for me when I ran into this problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom