Pistils on a 2 and a half week old plant still in veg?

• Thread starter hashish
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hashish

I topped my plant yesterday right above the 4th node mainly bc i am very limited vertically and just want a bushy plant. Anyway, where i topped the new growth coming up there are now about 4 or 5 white hairs growing up from that spot. My plant is only a couple days over 2 weeks old so that it why i am confused as to whether or not these are true pistils. I've always heard/read that you really do not tell the sex until flowering stage and seeing as this is a bagseed the sex is unknown. So it is possible to have pistils and tell the sex on a plant this young? It is growing great 8" already. Any input is appreciated.

Also, not using nutes or any special lighting just sunlight during the day, cfl at night. This is also my first grow.

Toker Ace

Toker Ace

Settle down bro you have started two threads on this and neither has working pics.

convex

convex

Load your pics here and you may get a better response, most will not click a link to view a pic - not to mention outside image repositories ain't allowed here ;)

Cheers

I

ibTheMan

resize your pics in paint to around 75% save um, post um.

Papa

Papa

Supporter
see the link in my sig line for how to post up pics.

'looks like we're all qeueing up to see them!

H

hashish

Sorry about that i didnt know the pics werent up, but anyway there in the middle you can see the little white hairs and the plant is starting to smell skunky. Like i said 2 and a half weeks old still veg i topped it boom white hairs. Thanks for any feedback.

PPY

P

pilot error

I've never grown them but don't auto-flowering plants do this.

A cut and paste from a seed website of Lowlife seeds:
Lowlife Autos... Flowering begins automatically after approximately 2 weeks.

So if they are pistils, it's more than likely an auto flowering strain, for good or bad. That's my guess.

H

hashish

Well it turns out they definitely are pistils no doubt about it its starting to smell up. It just caught me off guard bc i got the seed from a bag of some kush shake. If i wouldnt have topped it i dont think they would have shown up yet. Beats me i guess ill keep it under 24/0 and if it starts to flower then I'll know. Appreciate the help!

powerplant

powerplant

Pre sexing, just showin you she is a female early not autoflowering.

efnscreenames

efnscreenames

I have a biker blues thats auto flowering. it will still flower under 12/12 Ive run mine under 24 hours of light just to see if the pistils would grow and they evntually shriveled up and went away. but yes hes right auto flowering strains will start no matter the light cycle once the reach a certain height.

M

MTM

I have a sac#3 mother thats had preflowers on her since week 3 of veg,I had my moms on 18/6 and went to 20/4 and my preflowers on my sac stopped...

4204life

Iv got the same thing happening with my plant , it's roughly about 9 to 10 weeks old , 6 to 5 hours natural sun light. It's got 4 nods nearly 5 and it has white hairs coming out around the 4th nod and above it around the 5th nod developing ATM. I'm pretty sure this is a sign it's a female according to the info I have been reading , this is my 2nd grow apart from helping mates with their own . So I was just hoping use could give me your opinions . Please and thank you . Btw sorry for posting on your thread

4204life

Another question on my 4th nods both leaves seam to have 3 jaged normal leaves then a single oval shaped leave , then obove one of the new leaves has 4 pettles then on the other side 5 ?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Grown from seed?

I had myself an interesting experience this year, using a bad, BAD batch of potting soil. Caused all kinds of problems, including what for all intents and purposes could be called autoflowering. Except not a single bean came from auto genetics. So it *can* happen from seed, but it's gotta be really stressed. Otherwise, if it's a clone then it's actually fairly normal, and if such is the case, you want to learn about photoperiodism.

Latest posts

Top Bottom