Plant Budding Early ?

• Thread starter Koltivation
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Koltivation

Koltivation

hello i am growing 4 feminized white widow seeds on 18 hour 1200w vipar spectra lights , and one if my plants started growing pistills . I thought this was supposed to happen once i started the flowering stage . I’ve topped this plant once and when looking to retop it for the 2nd time to get 4 main colas i noticed these pistills growing . Am i doing something wrong ? I thought this could only happen to autoflowers

Plant budding early
Koltivation

Koltivation

I would say preflowers but those are a little more developed than normal preflowers.
It seems as if where the new stems shouldve grown those pistills started growing instead. Does this mean i need to start the flowering stage ?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’d wait it out a little longer. See if it continues to flower or if it keeps growing. I’ve got a few phenos that have done that but to a little lesser degree. It could go either way but if you aren’t ready to flower it out then I’d wait a bit and see what she does.

Erick31876

Erick31876

I would wait like jwm said. I had a lemon og plant do that. But mine was about 2-1/2 foot tall when it started so i jist flipped it and let it flower.

ethcan

ethcan

The first few pics are not pre-flowers. They are flowers. That plant is in flowering mode. Not really sure how, as you say you are on an 18 hour photoperiod.

That being said, it is indeed flowering. Check your timer? Maybe it's set shorter than 18 hours?

Koltivation

Koltivation

My timer is correct , i really dont know how this could have happened

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Unless they are autoflowring seeds. You can try 24/0 and see if that helps but if they are autos then it won’t make any difference.

My guess is if you didn’t order autos then some might have gotten mixed in on accident. I know lots of breeders make both regular and auto flowering seeds of their strains. So a mixup could have happened.

Koltivation

Koltivation

Unless they are autoflowring seeds. You can try 24/0 and see if that helps but if they are autos then it won’t make any difference.

My guess is if you didn’t order autos then some might have gotten mixed in on accident. I know lots of breeders make both regular and auto flowering seeds of their strains. So a mixup could have happened.
Yeah im assuming that also , thats a shame . Will it be bad if i continue vegging for 2-3 weeks for my other plants to grow some more ? And side note : Do you have any recommended sites where you order seeds from ?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
This site is a great source for legit seeds. Lots of great breeders are also on here and contribute to the forum.

It shouldn’t hurt to veg them out. The autos will keep going and you should keep autos on a veg light schedule. Such as 18/6.

Madmax

Madmax

I would say preflowers but those are a little more developed than normal preflowers.
I cant even see the single pistil that they show at the nodes before starting the flowering
cycle..

Koltivation

Koltivation

This site is a great source for legit seeds. Lots of great breeders are also on here and contribute to the forum.

It shouldn’t hurt to veg them out. The autos will keep going and you should keep autos on a veg light schedule. Such as 18/6.
Oh cool didn’t even realize this website had a seed section . Anyone have a preffered brand or strain they would recommend for beginner growers ?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Yeah im assuming that also , thats a shame . Will it be bad if i continue vegging for 2-3 weeks for my other plants to grow some more ? And side note : Do you have any recommended sites where you order seeds from ?
No need to look anywhere else. You’ll find all the seeds you need rite here on The Farm :)

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The clone of Grand Daddy Purple that I was given came with flowers at every node and never stopped. The plant grew very bushy (still is) and grew normally, but had flowers/pistils the entire time. When switched to 12/12, it flowered like it should. It was the only plant I have seen that had pistils at every junction during vegg growth. The buds have grown massive during flowering and didn't seem to affect the plant other than being unusual.

Latest posts

Top Bottom