Plant Diagnosis?

• Thread starter GrowGod215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrowGod215

My plants look burnt up. I thought my lights might be to close and that this was light burn. However, when I used my PAR meter to measure the light intensity, I got back what I believed to be an okay range. I had it at 1000 PARs at first but now I’ve lowered it down to 800 PARs. These are the readings at the top of the canopy so anything below is receiving much less light but still is exhibiting same “burnt” like conditions. Could this be a nutrient deficiency?? Please help.

My setup is a 600w HPS & a 2000w LED. 10gallon pots. High quality soil. Recently transplanted frm a 3gallon pot about a month ago (so I dnt think it’s a nutrient deficiency). Been feeding it Flora Nova Bloom moderately.

Plant diagnosis
Plant diagnosis 2
Plant diagnosis 3
Plant diagnosis 4
Plant diagnosis 5
Plant diagnosis 6
G

GrowGod215

Can we get pics with clearer light pls.
Looks fairly cooked to be honest.

Best I could do....I still think it’s light burn too but I dnt understand how I could have light burn when my PAR levels are accurate. Or how the light burn could spread throughout the plant like that...these are some pretty large plants

18EA39A5 0A33 44E2 9BB3 FB860C5324A8
C380652F 5CA6 4350 BFAD 4156AD44B710
4C75744C A76E 4FA9 8CF0 C00BF2C309FE
3E01B3AE E768 4EF5 BAA4 5EAB3D62A1D1
384A0197 1777 43C8 988D DCA958594F9C
160DA0BB 7BB4 494F B7F7 6765AFC1253B
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
It’s what I’m wondering if it isnlight burn, cause it’s highly unlikely the lower colas would burn as well. I’m leaning towards a nute burn but without clear pics it’s hard to tell via leaves. Can ya turn off the mh light and use use the white light from led fixture to get better pics. I’d swear it’s nutrient related but according to your post there isn’t any ni in the feed? So it’s weird. Par values look ok for size depth and intensity.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
How far is it into flower?
What’s the feeding schedule?
Type of nutes
Watering schedule
Ph values ? Feed in and run off pH?
Temp and humidity ?
Are you feeding with co2?
Ppms etc

G

GrowGod215

How far is it into flower?
What’s the feeding schedule?
Type of nutes
Watering schedule
Ph values ? Feed in and run off pH?
Temp and humidity ?
Are you feeding with co2?
Ppms etc

(Here a new pics with different lighting)

Let me start by saying I am not an expert so please don’t judge...

I believe this is the 7th or 8th week into flowering. Lost track of the time, but I have a microscope to look at the trichomes and they’re still very clear.

I feed it floranova bloom 10ml per gallon of water every time I water it. I use normal tap because I dnt have a reverse osmosis system.

I water 1-2 times a week. I know I should water a little more but I dnt have a real irrigation system so it’s physically exhausting to water all of my plants. I thought a larger pot size would give me a little wiggle room.

I dnt really know what the ph is, haven’t measured it, but I thought a recent transplant frm a 3 gallon to a 10gallon would compensate for any abnormalities.

Temp is normally on the high side due to it being summer time and these hot HPS lights. Temp normally is 86-92 Fahrenheit or so when lights are on, but occasionally touches a max of 96 depending on temp outside. When this occurs I shut off some lights to reduce temp. It doesn’t happen too often though. At night temp drops to 70-75.

Humidity is at a constant 45-50% due to air conditioner running all the time and it acting as a dehumidifier.

And yes i am using Co2. Ppm fluctuates due to air conditioner sucking out air. I have a titan controller that maintains at least 1000 ppm at all times. It aims for 2000 ppm but usually just dumps the CO2 out until it hits close to 3000ppm and when it cuts off the ppm drops to 1000ppm at which point the titan controller switches on again.

Again please don’t judge. My set up is tailored to my schedule and I’m making the best of what I have based of what I know.

F6724E36 A7C7 4CAD 841C 2733DD358BAF
136307FB 1A18 4FDE AB6E 26E26DA12B9C
1F647F3F 351F 4ECF 9F47 D9FF909C6F4F
BB1B7C70 1F58 44B0 B6AD 9167A939E7B9
2EBFCABF 035B 4154 A0D9 EE78FE048908
EC6091E6 C005 46FC 9D74 CB85109D10A4
78916F34 CCC1 48F8 9E26 95F1B3515388
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
What’s your soil ph? What’s the runoff ph?

Imo it’s definately nute lockout related coupled with high heat temps that’s cooking it rapidly. Chalk this grow up to experience and learn from it the best you can.

Everyone has slightly different environmental factors and one of your biggest hurdles is going to be controlling the heat. There’s several ways to do it but until you get it into a better range you are going to be fighting them tooth and nail for progress.

One of my biggest leaps in terms of end result quality came when I finally created the ideal ventilation system for my grow space. Without it, it was a losing battle and I fought like hell to get any decent results. Many times ending up with what you’ve got there albeit not quite to that extent, but close.

Imo I’d ditch the co2 for now and get better airflow. You can do this by drawing your room air through a reflector with glass and out of the grow space. You can exhaust through a carbon air filter if odor control is needed. The idea here is you are drawing all the heat from the light out of your space as quickly as possible. The quicker you can get that hot air out the better. Heat rises so use that to your advantage.

H

hawkman

light burn - heat intensity cause by LED too close and poor ventilation then either too much nutrients or feeding too often Remedy: Flush and raise light

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I agree with @JWM2, looks like nute lockout and sounds like heat issues on top of that making a synergistic caustic effect. No doubt, looks like a classic nute lockout.

G

GrowGod215

light burn - heat intensity cause by LED too close and poor ventilation then either too much nutrients or feeding too often Remedy: Flush and raise light

I agree with @JWM2, looks like nute lockout and sounds like heat issues on top of that making a synergistic caustic effect. No doubt, looks like a classic nute lockout.
What’s your soil ph? What’s the runoff ph?

Imo it’s definately nute lockout related coupled with high heat temps that’s cooking it rapidly. Chalk this grow up to experience and learn from it the best you can.

Everyone has slightly different environmental factors and one of your biggest hurdles is going to be controlling the heat. There’s several ways to do it but until you get it into a better range you are going to be fighting them tooth and nail for progress.

One of my biggest leaps in terms of end result quality came when I finally created the ideal ventilation system for my grow space. Without it, it was a losing battle and I fought like hell to get any decent results. Many times ending up with what you’ve got there albeit not quite to that extent, but close.

Imo I’d ditch the co2 for now and get better airflow. You can do this by drawing your room air through a reflector with glass and out of the grow space. You can exhaust through a carbon air filter if odor control is needed. The idea here is you are drawing all the heat from the light out of your space as quickly as possible. The quicker you can get that hot air out the better. Heat rises so use that to your advantage.

Thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated. It’s currently a heat wave over here so I’m turning my LEDs off altogether plus raising my HPS lights a little higher. Hopefully this will allow my plants to recover some what.

Looking to the future, I plan on redesigning my grow room with air cooled lights & mini split air conditioners. I’ve always had heat issues but I thought I was just pushing the boundaries. Now I see that I’ve long crossed the boundaries lol.

H

hawkman

600 hps and a 2000 LED - what is/was your height of lights

G

GrowGod215

My HPS is about 18”-24” away frm canopy. PAR reading is 600-900. Same for LED

Latest posts

Top Bottom