Plant Getting Too Tall For Tent

• Thread starter mk23tas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mk23tas

mk23tas

I am currently growing Blue Dream and having height issues with the plant. I switched to flowering 23 days ago and it still seems to be growing. I super cropped the plant in the first week in flowering because it grew so fast. I have been using LST a lot and I am officially out of room to bend the branches over. My tent is 2x2x4 and the light is at the top of the tent.

I am just wondering how many more days can I expect this plant to grow?

Grow setup;
300w Led
Fox farm Ocean forest soil
General Organics Go Box
2x2x4 grow tent
started from seed
Strain is Blue Dream

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

At this point, I'd assume the plant is done stretching so much. Just keep all the canopy at a safe distance from the light and you should be good. Generally speaking, you can harvest cannabis after 8-10 wks of flowering. All depends on sativa/indica and the strain. Ultimately, peep out the trichomes once you start seeing heavy darkening of the hairs on the bud. Inspect trichs for desired maturity.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

When i have a plant get too tall i use bamboo canes to tie em down .i try to bend the bottom of the branches and tie em in place.it can take a few inches off the height if done right.

mk23tas

mk23tas

I suspect its about done stretching.

I know its makin things a lil stressful but a good stretch is a good thing. Generally, plants that stretch a lot yield well.

I hope it is done growing. I travel during the week for work and I can't do much about it until I get home. This last week the thing grew almost a foot. I now have about 14 cola going because of all the branches I bent over. I should have gotten a bigger tent. lol

mk23tas

mk23tas

When i have a plant get too tall i use bamboo canes to tie em down .i try to bend the bottom of the branches and tie em in place.it can take a few inches off the height if done right.

I bent every single branch down and every time I bend one down more branches appear. I know I should be happy but the entire canopy is taking up the entire 2x2 grow tent. I am going to switch to flowering a week early next time.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Sounds like you just finished a good session of LST. Training branches to expose and create multiple top colas spread out in a level canopy stretching throughout available SQ ft of growing space. Just keep that plant fed, watered and adjust the lights for maximum penetration and coverage. Sit back and watch the development and swell. And where the hell are the pics.

mk23tas

mk23tas

Sounds like you just finished a good session of LST. Training branches to expose and create multiple top colas spread out in a level canopy stretching throughout available SQ ft of growing space. Just keep that plant fed, watered and adjust the lights for maximum penetration and coverage. Sit back and watch the development and swell. And where the hell are the pics.
IMG 20180611 100853180
IMG 20180611 101053774
IMG 20180611 101118148

Here are some pictures I took this morning.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Heres a pic of what i do if plants get too tall.it only takes off a few inches but that can often make alot of difference.
Its best to let your pot dry out a good bit before doing this as it lessens the chance of it snapping but it can snap so be carefull if doing it.
20180624 155246

Top Bottom