Plant Too Tall For Tent, What To Do?

• Thread starter GrowThings
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowThings

GrowThings

I have a Glueberry O.G that is insanely big, it's about 5ft 9in/10in now and is a couple of inches from touching the top of the tent, It's currently 3 weeks into flower. I have a 450w LED next to it but it's grown higher than the LED can be physically mounted, even the leaves up at the top of the cola are trying to bend down to the light and are all floppy.

I was tempted to chop the top off of it, what do you guys recommend? (Running additional lights isn't really an option due to no spare cash)

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

I have a Glueberry O.G that is insanely big, it's about 5ft 9in/10in now and is a couple of inches from touching the top of the tent, It's currently 3 weeks into flower. I have a 450w LED next to it but it's grown higher than the LED can be physically mounted, even the leaves up at the top of the cola are trying to bend down to the light and are all floppy.

I was tempted to chop the top off of it, what do you guys recommend? (Running additional lights isn't really an option due to no spare cash)
Dude. Try to find the stems of the plant that are still flexible. And from the bottom gently pull until your cola reaches a desired height. You'll want something to tie the branches with. Some flexible plant tie should work

GrowThings

GrowThings

Dude. Try to find the stems of the plant that are still flexible. And from the bottom gently pull until your cola reaches a desired height. You'll want something to tie the branches with. Some flexible plant tie should work
I don't really know if that's an option at this point..

Image0 3

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

I would bend that big scraggly branch down below the light on the right if you can and drop the left one down. Honestly you just need more light in general what's the space and wattage?

GrowThings

GrowThings

I would bend that big scraggly branch down below the light on the right if you can and drop the left one down. Honestly you just need more light in general what's the space and wattage?
4ft x 4ft + 2 x 450w Viparspectra's

My friend has 2 more 450w's that he can said I can use, I don't want 2 more cause of electric but I guess I could throw another in the center..

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

I've used vipars aswell now for a while and for a 4x4 I've noticed you need around 2400 rated watts for. The company lies about the footprint and intensity. But other then that scraggly branch blocking the light from your heftier looking branches everything looks good man

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

id take that stem and do a s curve on her ass ,be looking like a old girl hunching,slowly bending like you would stringing a bow,send a stake down the side of the bucket to the bottom,zip tie her ass loosly then do same on other side and make the s curve,once that done start pinching that bitch,when my plants are harvest nothing new to have about 40 knuckles on it,but just lightly roll in between your finger like your rubbing your fingers together,just lightly,you dont wont to just pinch it,but treat her like a lady and she will do fine

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

That's kinda what I do.i get tall canes and wen the mediums really dry(making the stems more flexible and less likely to snap) I pull the tops down and tie em off in two places like this.
20190321 003337
it can be done with a more extreme bend taking off more height.just be carefully not to snap em.
And I know that wires tight cutting into the branch.i just loosened it and tied it onto a different bit of stem.wen too tight it doesn't effect the flow of nutrition to the branch but if left on too long then removed it can create a ring of weakness that can snap easily at that point.

Nugg

Nugg

Honestly I'd bend it way down or probably just cut it off lower,and lower the light back down,,they should have never stretched that much to begin with...it is probably the lack of light.that 450 probably only covers a 1'×1' at best,at around 18" over top of plant...but seriously...I'd cut it off or just straight up bend it way around..

Erick31876

Erick31876

Bend it and tie it down. Or ditch the tent. You definitely need more light, that's why it stretched so much.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Bend that baby! Since it's not going to do much more growing, I would try to bend it downward, a little every day, until you get things manageable. It looks like a Sativa, which, as you know, grow pretty tall and lanky and not the best choice for an indoor grow. My suggestion would be to try to push the entire plant over a little, which might be easier than bending a rigid branch. The plants look nice but could have benefitted by training them to grow horizontally more. You have a lot of headroom, but aren't using much of it. Side lighting helps considerably as well for taller plants. It helps them fill in along the whole plant and not just the canopy. Bend but don't break!

Kepp89

Kepp89

i'd try and use another pot as a stake down location so A B C D E ... A is bent down and secured via B's pot and B is bent down and secured via C's pot

Latest posts

Top Bottom