Plants Flowering Under 18/6 Light Cycle?

• Thread starter gringomike
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gringomike

gringomike

Damn! What's the temps between you're light and you're canopy dude, you're heat stressing the fuck out of you're plants.
If you're plants are budding with that much day light hours then you've got Auto Flower plants man, no other way around it or you're light schedule is going dark when u don't realize it! Stress doesn't induce flowering either lmao!!
Yeah, I really think they might just be autos. My buddy was gone for like a 5 day weekend and didn't realize the girls would be growing so fast. He said the light was a good 16" from tops when he left but they were right under it when he got home.. I plan to get back there soon to help out, I have been gone since we planted the seeds and just trying to give instructions remotely.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Whatever dude, all cannabis plants show sex after a veg period and stress can cause the female plant to hermaphrodite in veg. I don't give a shit about you're bunk theory. It's evolution dude, other than an auto flowering plant, the cannabis plant has to have enough dark hours per night to bloom. You're not going to start full on bloom by torturing you're plants, if it was like that we might as well cut out photo period and light schedules all together!!

gringomike

gringomike

Stress-induced flowering: the third category of flowering response

"Some plants in which flowering is largely regulated by photoperiod can flower under unsuitable photoperiods when grown under particular conditions."
I've never had it happen but it makes since that the plant would do whatever it takes to survive if stressed. That's why I assumed it would "bruce" if anything and not just start budding. But I do not think these plants were stressed near enough for that to happen. Yeah the leafs looked bad in the pic but that was right when he arrived home. Cannabis is a tough plant, it takes a lot to fuck them up in my experience.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

Stress-induced flowering: the third category of flowering response

"Some plants in which flowering is largely regulated by photoperiod can flower under unsuitable photoperiods when grown under particular conditions."
Hahaha like when you throw 3 beans in a pot and treat them like shit for 2 months.. Where have i seen that before...

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Whatever dude, all cannabis plants show sex after a veg period and stress can cause the female plant to hermaphrodite in veg. I don't give a shit about you're bunk theory. It's evolution dude, other than an auto flowering plant, the cannabis plant has to have enough dark hours per night to bloom. You're not going to start full on bloom by torturing you're plants, if it was like that we might as well cut out photo period and light schedules all together!!
Stress can cause a female to jenner in veg?
Interesting

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Homesteader, you're credibility should be shot just for attempting to put that fake theory out there for that man.
The dude ordered some seeds and they sent him autoflowers.
I'll say it again, stress doesn't cause full on bloom! It could possibly cause enlarged pre flowers but he's got full bloom started.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Never heard of stress turning plant to flower , hmm going to say more of a auto strain , plants just don't flower under 18/6
agreed with the stress being the culprit. Stress will cause a plant to herm , never heard or known it to cause the plant to flower. I'm also thinking autos. Think about it, a room filled with a bunch o stoners working with 10000's of seeds........ baked to the core and we think that sometimes someone doesn't put the wrong shyt in the packets......... Bagging seeds would drive my add crazy..... :D

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

I thought it was common knowledge that heavy stress or light interruptions can cause a plant to hermie in veg or bloom.
I'm not going to argue with people that don't know the basics. But I do love this theory of stressing your plant in veg under 18 hours light get you full bloom, that's a great one. It's not like he's got a mutated bud randomly on the plant his shit looks like it's a week or 2 bloom and cooking from heat.

Last edited:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I'm all ears too since I've read this before without further elaboration
Leaving a plant in a pot way too long will do it. The only point of the plant it to reproduce.. If its pushed to near death it will do its best to reproduce.. Flip and try to drop beans.. Thats.without photo mods or ruderalis genes. Now the last time it happened to me the 1 flipped male and 2 stayed in veg showing a couple pistils

Homesteader

Homesteader

Hey Klicph-shit I mean dip shit.
I did say it was probably autos
I am guessing that their seedstock got nutted by an auto. Switch it to 24 and see if it keeps flowering?

You don't really seem very knowledgeable so excuse me for not giving a flying fucking shit about what you think of my credibilty.
I have never seen stress induced flower but does that mean it can't happen? Why would I ask you anyhow? Your answer would be more N in flower.

Hey pal? Do I pour A before B? Sounds tricky Dude!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
So this is a pot of shit a couple months ago.. Its like 10 or 50 plants... Now look at this one turd i found starting its shit

Capture 2018 05 10 17 12 07
Capture 2018 05 10 17 12 55
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Homesteader, you're credibility should be shot just for attempting to put that fake theory out there for that man.
The dude ordered some seeds and they sent him autoflowers.
I'll say it again, stress doesn't cause full on bloom! It could possibly cause enlarged pre flowers but he's got full bloom started.
Do you have something to prove... Ill bet youre wrong.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

I know you're tough! Start name calling from behind you're computer screen, just shows you're weak character!

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Looks like pre flowers to me! Let you're plant veg long enough their pre flowers will enlarge. That looks like a bud too you?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Looks like pre flowers to me! Let you're plant veg long enough their pre flowers will enlarge. That looks like a bud too you?
Yup thats it... Pre flowers... So why did that do it and not 40 or 50 others?

gringomike

gringomike

Hey guys, no need to start acting like this is facebook. All I know is nature can do some crazy things. Fun fact: there are trees in costa rica that grow spikes up the trunk to keep the monkeys from eating the fruit/seeds. The birds don't digest the seeds so the tree doesn't give a fuck if birds eat them and shit them out.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Leaving a plant in a pot way too long will do it. The only point of the plant it to reproduce.. If its pushed to near death it will do its best to reproduce.. Flip and try to drop beans.. Thats.without photo mods or ruderalis genes. Now the last time it happened to me the 1 flipped male and 2 stayed in veg showing a couple pistils

We were talking about stress in veg causing a plant to herm in flower. I was assuming that the stress was being addressed before flowering was induced.

I know that stress in veg can make plants flower under veg cycle or even 24/0, especially when rootbound.

And yes, it's a natural phenomena that plant goes bruce when stressed in flower or the existence is under question, to keep the next generation alive.

Top Bottom