Plants Per Light

• Thread starter EatPizza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pass2TheLeft

Man, this "Hash Bomb" strain I just grew must be loaded with Afghani. It is the most psychical stuff, glues me to the couch. So, yeah, wanting something different.
You will enjoy sk no1 bro i have that strain at the moment ive found it slightly lighter green colour and very close internodal growth with a nice buzz

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

Hey, check this video out. Particuarly helpful, for the novice plant manipulators, but so effective, if you’re limited for gardening space or plant number.. Wide Grin

RedHotPoker
I do envy you for what is happening in your country. I'm in a state where, if I was to get caught above "x" number of plants, the penalty goes way up. My archaic state likely won't legalize until it is decriminalized nationwide.

Well, there are modern Columbian strains available, I just haven't found one yet that looks like I can control indoors. The African/Panama strain will be challenging.

I was just reading about NL characteristics indoors. Your right it shouldn't get too tall. The OG supposed to be harder to grow, but the stone looks interesting. However, what I was reading never mentioned the length of the buzz. I'm always looking at that. I know NL is a good 3.5 to 4 hour buzz.

I'm longing for a strain that produces both a hard hitting head stone, as well as a powerful prolonged body buzz. I only got 3 beans of that African dominant strain. I got 3 of Skunk #1, which I have also never grown. I traveled to Denver in 2014, and one of the strains I tried was Sk #1, but I wasn't impressed. I realized later, it was the growers fault it didn't impress me, LOL
Oh, I remember which strain got so tall on me back about the time I grew NL, it was Super Skunk. I do have beans for that, they are regular and were freebies.
Decisions..... I have new bags arriving Monday. The other beans I currently have are other Indica's similiar to what I recently harvested.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Hey, check this video out. Particuarly helpful, for the novice plant manipulators, but so effective, if you’re limited for gardening space or plant number.. Wide Grin

RedHotPoker
Those techniques are for folks who don't have enough plants to fill up their grow space. I'm well satisfied with the way I do it. I'm not trying to get by with the smallest number of plants possible, but the maximum. All those techniques take time and stress the plants, imho. I never pinch, and only train if necessary to prevent vertical growth to close to lamps. This past crop was 100 days from embryonic leaves to jars. Flowering time was 62 days. And, it's all just for me. No one else gets any. Lasts a long time, I can make rosin with part of it.

But, I'd pay dearly, for a pound of that stuff you scrape off your trimmers, dried and pressed LOL hahaha. That's my favorite.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

You will enjoy sk no1 bro i have that strain at the moment ive found it slightly lighter green colour and very close internodal growth with a nice buzz
Thanks for mentioning. I think I am going to go for all 3 Skunk #1 and 2 of the Malawi x Panama. How tall did the Sk #1 go? I'll probably flip when most plants are only about 12-16". The mixed strain may still reach 4'.

P

Pass2TheLeft

Thanks for mentioning. I think I am going to go for all 3 Skunk #1 and 2 of the Malawi x Panama. How tall did the Sk #1 go? I'll probably flip when most plants are only about 12-16". The mixed strain may still reach 4'.
I grow each plant 1.2 square metres by 50 to 60 cm high and grow in 50 litre pots i would grow taller but my current tent is only 2m tall next grow ill increase the hieght and try longer colas

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

Some friends here recently bought a www.gopurepressure.com unit.
It makes the most delightful Rosen, depending what kind of herb or sift, you squeeze in it. Wow!!

I like this mix... grin.

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

Not neccessarliy only for folks with less plants, do it with all of yours. Hahaha

Just another way to, as you said, stress the plants.
Yes, which seems to force amazing things to happen...

RedHotPoker

Those techniques are for folks who don't have enough plants to fill up their grow space. I'm well satisfied with the way I do it. I'm not trying to get by with the smallest number of plants possible, but the maximum. All those techniques take time and stress the plants, imho. I never pinch, and only train if necessary to prevent vertical growth to close to lamps. This past crop was 100 days from embryonic leaves to jars. Flowering time was 62 days. And, it's all just for me. No one else gets any. Lasts a long time, I can make rosin with part of it.

But, I'd pay dearly, for a pound of that stuff you scrape off your trimmers, dried and pressed LOL hahaha. That's my favorite.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Not neccessarliy only for folks with less plants, do it with all of yours. Hahaha

Just another way to, as you said, stress the plants.
Yes, which seems to force amazing things to happen...

RedHotPoker
It's just a big waste of time for my set up. Slows down harvest time by weeks. To each his own. Yes, you can force plants to do all kinds of stuff. Not just weed. I been growing these now indoors since 05. I have tried everything. The way I do it gives me the largest yield in the shortest amount of time. I do not leave my grow tent set up permanently. You have to think about how it is for folks where it's illegal as hell to do what I am. I shut down for a couple years as soon as I get a good supply built up. It's very risky. I am also in the process of slowly remodeling inside. I cannot hire contractors while I'm set up, or, have my heat pump worked on. So, it's grow them fast as possible. What I'm getting ready to grow may take 12 weeks of flowering or more.

I have a rosin press, a Dulytek. Does the same thing as your friends but smaller scale. I agree, different rosin from different strains. But, I think I still prefer buds. I get about a 20% return, not worth my precious buds. If I had several pounds of them, I'd press more.

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

Yes, I tend to forget, the big eye in the sky. Grin.
Happy to hear you are doing it, in a way that prevents detection or trouble from the powers that be. Intermittent shutdowns is a good thing. One I tend to practice myself. Helps keep the sanity as well. Haha

It’s definitely hard to beat the wonderful flavours of a well grown good herb strain, very true.
Rosen always tend to have that similar flavour, much like honey from bees.
Even manukau honey.
Having your own rosen press must be nice, lucky you. I wish.

RedHotPoker

It's just a big waste of time for my set up. Slows down harvest time by weeks. To each his own. Yes, you can force plants to do all kinds of stuff. Not just weed. I been growing these now indoors since 05. I have tried everything. The way I do it gives me the largest yield in the shortest amount of time. I do not leave my grow tent set up permanently. You have to think about how it is for folks where it's illegal as hell to do what I am. I shut down for a couple years as soon as I get a good supply built up. It's very risky. I am also in the process of slowly remodeling inside. I cannot hire contractors while I'm set up, or, have my heat pump worked on. So, it's grow them fast as possible. What I'm getting ready to grow may take 12 weeks of flowering or more.

I have a rosin press, a Dulytek. Does the same thing as your friends but smaller scale. I agree, different rosin from different strains. But, I think I still prefer buds. I get about a 20% return, not worth my precious buds. If I had several pounds of them, I'd press more.

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

Well, @RuralFarmer, you would need to build a small efficient greenhouse, or set up your tent in the garage. If that’s a possibility. It’s a horrible thing to be away from your awesome gardening hobby, for so long. I know personally it was really starting to seriously get me down, not having my plants to baby, and watch them grow to flourish. They even keep me company, when ever I am feeling alone. Grinning

Hopefully your future is completely green, in more ways than one... ;-)

RedHotPoker

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Well, @RuralFarmer, you would need to build a small efficient greenhouse, or set up your tent in the garage. If that’s a possibility. It’s a horrible thing to be away from your awesome gardening hobby, for so long. I know personally it was really starting to seriously get me down, not having my plants to baby, and watch them grow to flourish. They even keep me company, when ever I am feeling alone. Grinning

Hopefully your future is completely green, in more ways than one... ;-)

RedHotPoker
Not possible. Thanks anyways. Oh, it's no big deal to be down for awhile. Gives this old man a break. I do enough farming, and when I have to spend all day on a farm tractor, it wears me out now.

Here are a couple pics of rosin pressed in 220 micron bags. The big dark glob is from sugar leaves, and the lighter more amber is from bud, it's on a razor blade in the pic.
20180625 142442
20180625 142350

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

Gosh, I wish I could grab just a dab of your fab... haha

That second one looks seriously in need of a hot nail. Chuckles
Send it up to me, to dispose of properly. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Not possible. Thanks anyways. Oh, it's no big deal to be down for awhile. Gives this old man a break. I do enough farming, and when I have to spend all day on a farm tractor, it wears me out now.

Here are a couple pics of rosin pressed in 220 micron bags. The big dark glob is from sugar leaves, and the lighter more amber is from bud, it's on a razor blade in the pic.View attachment 810968 View attachment 810969

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Gosh, I wish I could grab just a dab of your fab... haha

That second one looks seriously in need of a hot nail. Chuckles
Send it up to me, to dispose of properly. ;-)

RedHotPoker
LOL, it got acquainted with a hot nail.... hahaha. A quartz banger nail, best for taste/terpenes.

Both of those above are same potency, but the rosin from bud tastes better. That's at 220 micron, I also use 120 and 100 micron. It's very light amber when using fresh buds, just cured. You get the best yield with the buds still having about 60-65% humidity, and you pre press. :cool:

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

Yes, the very same thc, all around. But with lovely aromatic terpenes from the buds. Which is nice.
I’d put the squeeze on you, for a press of my own herbs... haha
Wish we lived closer.

I wonder what the next big discovery will be, by creative stoners, with some brilliant ideas, tinkering around in the tool shed.

I remember the Pax vape, Kickstarter.

RedHotPoker

LOL, it got acquainted with a hot nail.... hahaha. A quartz banger nail, best for taste/terpenes.

Both of those above are same potency, but the rosin from bud tastes better. That's at 220 micron, I also use 120 and 100 micron. It's very light amber when using fresh buds, just cured. You get the best yield with the buds still having about 60-65% humidity, and you pre press. :cool:

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I grow each plant 1.2 square metres by 50 to 60 cm high and grow in 50 litre pots i would grow taller but my current tent is only 2m tall next grow ill increase the hieght and try longer colas
My tent is just a bit over 2 meters, at 84" US. Hopefully both strains will grow rapidly in veg. But because of the [Malawi x Panama], when I flip the lights to flower the Sk#1 may not be as tall as I would have vegged it.

I'm going to use 5 gal pots on the Sk#1 and 7 gallon on the Sativa's. This strain is 100% sativa, check it out. There are 2 strains out there almost the same..... just reverse the name. Mine starts with Malawi.... the other with Panama. I got them from Oaseeds.com. :cool: [Malawi x Panama]

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

Curious about these new design of root air pruning Air Pots?
Have you tried them? They look odd, but get good reviews.

You can always gently pinch-squeeze and bend to train, taller shoots or main stems.

RedHotPoker

My tent is just a bit over 2 meters, at 84" US. Hopefully both strains will grow rapidly in veg. But because of the [Malawi x Panama], when I flip the lights to flower the Sk#1 may not be as tall as I would have vegged it.

I'm going to use 5 gal pots on the Sk#1 and 7 gallon on the Sativa's. This strain is 100% sativa, check it out. There are 2 strains out there almost the same..... just reverse the name. Mine starts with Malawi.... the other with Panama. I got them from Oaseeds.com. :cool: [Malawi x Panama]

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Curious about these new design of root air pruning Air Pots?
Have you tried them? They look odd, but get good reviews.

You can always gently pinch-squeeze and bend to train, taller shoots or main stems.

RedHotPoker
If you mean smart pots, or fabric pots, yes, I'm using them. They work great, and I just toss them after digging the old soil out. They are also super light, and they make moving or working around your plants much easier.

Yes, I stated above that I only train to avoid light. And, only if need be. I expect having to do that some with the Malawi strain, but most stains I grow never need it.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Well, I watched the video. Looks to me like they function pretty much like smart pots, they have a similiar effect on the roots. However, those are made from recycled plastic, and are expensive. The smart pots are biodegradable and cheap. Just my thoughts but I wouldn't change. :cool:

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

I can buy the 4.5 gallon size air-pot for $7 each. That’s cheap enough for me.
For 5 @ $35 isn’t all that bad. Paying for the design concept too. But at least they have an extended life span. What do those cloth smart pots cost, range in price at? How many times can they actually or realistically be reused?
There are comparison grows, using both styles, side by side too... ;-)
But here’s one grow, in the Air-Pot.

RedHotPoker

Well, I watched the video. Looks to me like they function pretty much like smart pots, they have a similiar effect on the roots. However, those are made from recycled plastic, and are expensive. The smart pots are biodegradable and cheap. Just my thoughts but I wouldn't change. :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom