Play Misty for me

• Thread starter Jack Dupp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Hey Farmers,

Looking for some info on a high CBD strain called Misty. I was doing some research at www.projectcbd.org and saw that Misty is originally a Montana strain.

Early this fall we heard of a CBD rich strain identified in Montana called “Misty." Activist Hiedi Handford had brought it for testing at Montana Botanical Analysis in Bozeman, and it weighed in at about 7% CBD, 10% THC. Handford she wanted Misty to “be growing in every garden in Montana” and has made cuttings available.

In 1994, a flight attendant visited the Nirvana seed shop in Amsterdam and bought seeds labeled “OG Misty.” She gave them to her boyfriend Jason, whose friend Bisky soon began growing the strain out. It wasn’t until 2009, when Montana had access to Cannabis testing labs, that Misty was found to be high in CBD.

When Montana legalized marijuana for medical use, Jason and Bisky became involved with a dispensary called the Montana Cannabis Ministry (MCM). Director Randy Leibenguth says MCM wants to provide "medicine that goes beyond the 'head high'" of common THC strains. In September of this year the Ministry had Misty tested at Montana Botanical Analytics (MBA) and it was found to contain approximately 7% CBD and 10% THC. MBA chemist Noel Palmer, PhD, has tested samples of this strain about 4 times to date. On one occasion, he told Project CBD, it had no significant CBD content ("significant" defined as more than 1.5% CBD, and "CBD-rich" as more than 4%). In recent months, though, the strain is testing consistently.

I also read that MCM was raided and lost a lot of genetics. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this strain, or has a rundown of it's location.

Thanks

N

Nadroj

Id love to try this strain out sometime... i love the medicinal effects of cannabis! Not that much THC but with that much CBD it should make up for it. I hope we didn't lose this one... silvertip, bozeman kush, this one, and family love are all ours.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

you are back Jack! Misty is right around the corner from you, literally! PM for more details. Hope all is good buddy!

montanamike1

montanamike1

Heidi Handford is a terrible person who chased legislators through the halls here in MT, shouting like a crazy woman. She's a convicted felon and can't even get a medical marijuana card here- Misty is from the garden of MCM, which was then passed on to Cashy Hyde, which was then passed on to Heidi Handford, who can't help but claim credit for anything and everything.

bsb

bsb

I know the silvertip is chronic.....hi in cbd's .......

good luck on the misty

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Thanks for the replies.

BSB- The Silvertip IS chronic. I am in the middle of a session with it right now. HA!

Do you have a percentage of CBDs for this strain? The body buzz is wonderful.

montanamike1

montanamike1

Hope you got your hands on that Misty-
PC050017

Here's my young momma, just getting big enough to take some cuts of her own...

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Hey Montanamike, thanks for dropping in.

I haven't found the Misty. I'm glad to see it is still live and kicking.

Any chance of a smoke report? Is this your first run with this?

B

bisky

Hi everyone...
I am bisky the misty grower talked about at projectcbd...
I can answer anything about her...
she was from nirvana seeds / fantaseeds in amsterdam.. I grew her for almost 15 years before I passed to reclining budda (zack).
@ask away..
I have 15 years of hints and things she likes to help you get the 1gram a watt she can produce..

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Hi everyone...
I am bisky the misty grower talked about at projectcbd...
I can answer anything about her...
she was from nirvana seeds / fantaseeds in amsterdam.. I grew her for almost 15 years before I passed to reclining budda (zack).
@ask away..
I have 15 years of hints and things she likes to help you get the 1gram a watt she can produce..
Do you have any photos of her? I have never seen the finished product before an d would love to know more about her. Flavor, high, etctera.

B

bisky

Of course ..I do have folders and folders of pics...
I will post a crapload in the morning..
she is 100% indica...
first hit the pain fades...
and the head gets fuzzy
couch lock hits you by the second hit..
smooth and expando hits
kinda musty smelling ..
if a baggie is left open the room will stink..
takes about 56 days from rooted clone to finish..
she enjoys the L.S.T. Method creating 15-20 colas ..
I tried subcools supersoil..basic soil..ebb and flow..aeroponics...
Overall aeroponics with technaflora 7 part additives. Produced incredible results..
more in morning

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Hi bisky. Welcome to the Farm.

Looking forward to you sharing info on the Misty.

matamus

matamus

Welcome to the Farm Bisky nice to have all your experience here!! Everyone enjoying the mild winter?

B

bisky

Just a quick hello and I moved to another state but....
The misty and a whole bunch of fresh strains are in my 100% brand new grow setup. The pics will begin after first of year my friends..

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

right on im anxious to see the misty pics. What state are you in, I just recently moved to Oregon.

B

bisky

Holy crap I forgot about you guys !!!
Feminized her with some gibloc acid and had to close current grow... But ready for more...
I will pull pics and post..sorry..

Latest posts

Top Bottom