Playin With Fire

• Thread starter G gnome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Papasomni

Papasomni

Hang in there papa.. I got my diagnosis a couple weeks ago.. follicular extranodal lymphoma.. incurable.. they gave me 2 years if I'm lucky. They say with chemo I might be okay for a while but relapse is expected and then chemo again. I declined. I'll just live the life I have.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Hang in there guys. We all only have 1 life. Yes we've been dealt a tough hand it's not over yet. I'm going to try to enjoy each and every day to it's fullest. Yes it's to easy to fall into the pity pot. But that is not going to help us at all. I know it's hard but it's the only fight I know I going to lose. But I'm not going to make it easy for the cancer to win any time soon.
Yes sometimes I want to hang my head and cry... but they seem to have dried up. It's not easy and you have been in this battle a lot longer than me. Tomorrow will bring another day that I look for a the good in life. I almost canceled this trip to fish with G because of some of my side affects. But we are making it work. It's never as bad as I make it out to be in my head.

Love you Pops, you're my rock star.

Last edited:
stonestacker

stonestacker

To be honest the best part of this trip has been the time I spent playing 1on 1 with G's son. Who would have thunk it. All the rest was just a bonus. I came to finish and definitely ended up with great lifetime memories. Of something I wasn't even looking for. We just never know what's around the next corner.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Hang in there papa.. I got my diagnosis a couple weeks ago.. follicular extranodal lymphoma.. incurable.. they gave me 2 years if I'm lucky. They say with chemo I might be okay for a while but relapse is expected and then chemo again. I declined. I'll just live the life I have.
Wow man, sorry to hear that. There's no rhyme or reason to why any of us are afflicted with these things, seems to be the luck of the draw and we're just the unlucky ones. Good luck with the fight bro.

Hang in there guys. We all only have 1 life. Yes we've been dealt a tough hand it's not over yet. I'm going to try to enjoy each and every day to it's fullest. Yes it's to easy to fall into the pity pot. But that is not going to help us at all. I know it's hard but it's the only fight I know I going to lose. But I'm not going to make it easy for the cancer to win any time soon.
Yes sometimes I want to hang my head and cry... but they seem to have dried up. It's not easy and you have been in this battle a lot longer than me. Tomorrow will bring another day that I look for a the good in life. I almost canceled this trip to fish with G because of some of my side affects. But we are making it work. It's never as bad as I make it out to be in my head.

Love you Pops, you're my rock star.
I really appreciate that brother, thank you, you're pretty great yourself. :) I know what you mean about the tears drying up, it's been a few years now since I could shed a tear over this shit even if I wanted to to let off some steam. For some reason today, (yesterday now), was just rougher than usual and the idea of getting closer to the end hit home a little harder. I've made it very clear to anyone who has listened at all that I will not live with someone having to do every little thing for me, like changing my shitty diapers and feeding me, etc. When things get bad enough I'll take myself out before I lose the ability to do it and end up stuck in that situation.
I know you have quite a struggle on your hands yourself man and I always feel bad about how much I let this get to me at times when faced with the suffering of others who have terrible situations as well. It's too easy to get focused inward when you live in isolation the way I do, I'm not even able to get myself into the car anymore so, that's not gonna get better anytime soon.
Enough of my rambling, I need to get some sleep. Haha

Skunked

Skunked

IMG 0923

Papasomni

Papasomni

We're doing all we can and all we want is to be happy. I have my faith to bolster me but that's mine and I wouldn't try to press it on anybody else. But we all have one thing in common, we love to grow cannabis. I personally believe that it's another blessing from above. What anybody believes really doesn't matter. The truth of the matter is that it has brought us together here. Let's make the most of it and enjoy the marvelous creation that we call cannabis.

Papasomni

Papasomni

my boy caught this on a lake, no idea what it is.
guess sum1 let thier pet nemo go...View attachment 832053
There's a bait store around here that sells gold fish.. sometimes......they make good bait for largemouth..... sometimes. I've let a few of them go in the lake when it came time to pull the boat out and go home. I've read some stuff about invasive species.. I probably should've just threw them in the trash but I couldn't do it.

G gnome

G gnome

There's a bait store around here that sells gold fish.. sometimes......they make good bait for largemouth..... sometimes. I've let a few of them go in the lake when it came time to pull the boat out and go home. I've read some stuff about invasive species.. I probably should've just threw them in the trash but I couldn't do it.

U probably dont wanna get caught doin that....

Papasomni

Papasomni

U probably dont wanna get caught doin that....
Absolutley... I admit it's very irresponsible and I sure don't recommend anyone release any kind of alien species into any body of water. I've seen some nature documentaries since then and I was alarmed at some of consequences I saw. You might think that it would be no problem releasing a few gold fish into the lake.... no way could they possibly become established.... surprise! They can get established and they do threaten the indigenous species by competing for the resourses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom