Please Help Solve New Problem,yellow Leaf Tips Not Burning

• Thread starter gordonian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gordonian

So I have a some grape kush that is in week 3 of flower. All the leaves in the upper third of the plant are yellowing starting at the leaf tip working its way back. . I am in coco 2 gallon pots feeding 1500ml 3 times a day with roughly 20% runoff. room is 78 degrees with 62% RH. nights are running about 5 degrees cooler. Mills nutrients ph to 5.85 E.C. 1.6. Lights are 4 feet off canopy. I did a slurry test and P.H. was 5.8, but with a blue lab soil ph probe the pots were reading 5.3-5.7., not sure which is accurate. Any ideas what it might be?
Please help solve new problemyellow leaf tips not burning

Please help solve new problemyellow leaf tips not burning 2
Please help solve new problemyellow leaf tips not burning 3
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

could the plants be root bound? 2 gallon pots are small
So I have a some grape kush that is in week 3 of flower. All the leaves in the upper third of the plant are yellowing starting at the leaf tip working its way back. . I am in coco 2 gallon pots feeding 1500ml 3 times a day with roughly 20% runoff. room is 78 degrees with 62% RH. nights are running about 5 degrees cooler. Mills nutrients ph to 5.85 E.C. 1.6. Lights are 4 feet off canopy. I did a slurry test and P.H. was 5.8, but with a blue lab soil ph probe the pots were reading 5.3-5.7., not sure which is accurate. Any ideas what it might be?
View attachment 760190

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

the traditional wisdom

3 gallons fine for auto flowers.
5 gallon fine for most indica
7 gallon or larger for Sativa.

to me i think she needs a new pair of shoes.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

the traditional wisdom

3 gallons fine for auto flowers.
5 gallon fine for most indica
7 gallon or larger for Sativa.

to me i think she needs a new pair of shoes.
That’s for soil. Holds way less oxygen.

Coco is a different animal. You don’t start seeing the potential of coco until those roots fill that pot out the whole way.

92495766 ABCE 4EF0 9AA0 567657E06937
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Transplanting would do only harm and no good IMO. You look to be about 3 weeks into flower and the next weeks are most important. Why disturb the rootzone. Trust me 2 gal in coco you can grow as big a plant as you can fit without getting root-bound

You are feeding 3x a day so it shouldn’t be getting dried out.

Personally I think everything your doing feed wise sounds good so shouldn’t be locking it any nutrients. .
Are the stems purplimg?
It looks like could be mag or potassium.

But that would most likely mean a lockout because all those should be enough in your base. What’s your runoff ppm?

Last edited:
stonestacker

stonestacker

How long have you been growing? Have you grown in coco before? are you supplementing CA?
In my grow when my plants start to yellow like that I up my CA. Through trial and eror thats what works for me.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I Understand that Coco is different from soil but those ladies still need room for their roots.

That’s for soil. Holds way less oxygen.

Coco is a different animal. You don’t start seeing the potential of coco until those roots fill that pot out the whole way.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
How long have you been growing? Have you grown in coco before? are you supplementing CA?
In my grow when my plants start to yellow like that I up my CA. Through trial and eror thats what works for me.
Same here. Especially when the symptoms are at the top of plant. Low calcium can cause other issues also.

G

gordonian

Transplanting would do only harm and no good IMO. You look to be about 3 weeks into flower and the next weeks are most important. Why disturb the rootzone. Trust me 2 gal in coco you can grow as big a plant as you can fit without getting root-bound

You are feeding 3x a day so it shouldn’t be getting dried out.

Personally I think everything your doing feed wise sounds good so shouldn’t be locking it any nutrients. .
Are the stems purplimg?
It looks like could be mag or potassium.

But that would most likely mean a lockout because all those should be enough in your base. What’s your runoff ppm?

The only stem purpling is on some leaves, and my runoff E.C. is between .8 and 1.1

G

gordonian

Been growing on and off for a few years. I am fairly new to coco I was in rock wool prior to coco. Im going to try upping my CA on a couple of plant and see what it does
thanks

Top Bottom