Please Help, Yellow Leaves In Flower

• Thread starter Jungleboogie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jungleboogie

How did you fire em to much nute?

Yeah mate too much nute.
I put a pic up when the leaves started to yellow and someone replied saying they look hungry. So I added more nute. I back off the nute when you told me to and obviously I flushed but it was too little too late.
I'm going to start again with a much lower feeding schedule in coco, like under half of what I did before. I'm going to do auto super skunk as I'm out of smoke and want a quick turnaround.
What I don't understand is in veg the plants were happy with the feeding schedule, only when I flipped they started getting pissed. Is there something I'm missing that I should've been aware of on flipping?
I just stuck to the same nute ratio 2 weeks after flip then started going up as the schedule said to.

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

I've been watering everyday pretty much bar a weekend or two where I was away overnight. I always have plenty of runoff too.

I have 2 ph meters, a cheaper one and bought a better one last week just to make sure. Ec meter too, not a great one though.

Ec reads 1.57 on feed and upon reading another thread last night I checked run ec and it read 2.0.

I have read lots of threads but at first I figured I had mag def, then I thought they were hungry now the problem continues and I need help lol
I don't have the formula I'll post it soon but to make sure e.c is not incorrect you can multiply ppm to see true e.c. I'll post it soon

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

I don't have the formula I'll post it soon but to make sure e.c is not incorrect you can multiply ppm to see true e.c. I'll post it soon
I hate cheap devices lol and yes I too use them.. my ph pen gave out after 6 days. 12 bucks to buy it 18 for new batteries :(

J

Jungleboogie

I hate cheap devices lol and yes I too use them.. my ph pen gave out after 6 days. 12 bucks to buy it 18 for new batteries :(

Yeah I have upgraded the ph pen, I'm also going to upgrade my ec meter too, got to start taking this seriously as I'm fed up with not succeeding. The only thing that keep me trying is I managed to get 4 1/2 oz off one grow, in soil, no ph meter or ec, just veg and bloom thrown in the water and amazingly it went very well! I can't figure out how that happened now to be honest!! They were autos and were huge!?

Anyway, I've been reading a lot of forums to gather as much info for next run. I read somewhere to measure ec on feed and run off. If run off ec is higher than feed then lower nutes and his versa? Is this sound advice?

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Yeah its logical if runoff is more than feed, you have build up in the medium. Logical.

Mr.growz

Mr.growz

Agreed, if e.c is higher than feed then you have build up. Though, there are a bit of skeptictism. Not gonna go with the down remarks as i try to be nuetral. So, imo let's say cause were using coco your e.c is 1200 were in peak of blooming( doesent matter stage) and the runoff is 1400 then we know we have build up now. Some people say flush start over for myself personally I try to think critically and scientifically about how to correct this. I measure ph at 6.0 normally during feed and always try to hit that mark as well as the 1200. Let's say runoff PhD at 6.9,I'm in the ok besides e.c so I will feed 2 days at 4gallon feeding per labels instructions but using 5 gallons of water. Then recheck e.c and also would ph at 5.6 next round to low ph. But, let say our e.c was over 1500 personally in my opinion it's time to flush for a day or two will this hurt? I have never seen any negative on the 6 strains I run and always notice the difference as they do better. So I do agree in measuring in these methods and depending on the nutes u use a flush to me is always required in veg every 3 days and in bloom every 10 watering. People say to use nutes to balance but if your high already obviously enough will retain to get you thru to the the next feed with nutes. That's my method.and sorry it to a while to get back to you been working like a dog lately..did you toss the girls or they still goin? I wish you had reverted just to see the results to share as you hear so many things

Aedifex

Aedifex

I run coco and see this regularly. Your plant was exhibiting P deficiency, N deficiency and drooping leaf perimeters. Your PH was out of range causing lockout.

A good indicator of lockout is multiple problems all at once. A dead giveaway though is dropping leaf perimeters - always indicates a root zone issue which is usually cause by PH fluctuation out of range.

Next time measure your runoff ph. Also, when you water make sure you water all areas of the “soil” completely and get a good 10-15% runoff. It will help prevent the issue in the future.

This just happened on my current grow - well began happening. It started with tip burning then the leaves darkened exhibiting Ntox. I flushed and measured the PH - 4.32 - just a bit out of range :-D
I try to keep my PH around 5.8-5.9 in flower.

The next time I fed I measured the ph of my nute mix... 4.3 which is way out of wack - it’s always stable at 5.8. Turned out one of my additives “expired”.

Jamescoleman

Jamescoleman

Sorry i may have missed it but have you checked the PH ? Looks like your plants are having trouble absorbing the nutes

Latest posts

Top Bottom