Started from seed 01-06-18
Flipped 09-08-18 (week 6 flower atm)
Strain: ak48 x lemon haze
Medium : coco coir 70% perlite 30%
Pot size : 16L
Lights : 600watt hps
Enviro : temp 22-26 Celsius
Humidity : 40-60% (usually 50)
Water ph : usually 6 but varies within 5.8-6.2 not entirely sure what my run off is at
Nutrients : 2ml/L BAC organic bloom nutrients (npk 6-5-6) + 2ml/L BAC organic PK booster (npk 4-2-8)
They also get a small amount of great white every now and again
Water schedule: 2L of nutrients at that mixture each plant, every second day(mon,wed,fri so on)
The pots are pre light when I water em and the top 15cm are dry.
They have had a bit of an aphid infestation(not severe but bad in some places) that I am just now defeating (for now lol) by squashing them (don’t want to use chemicals or soap or whatever)

But anyyyyywayyyy to the point, on one plant the oldest fan leaves appear to be turning yellow/white and dying, and the middle and top fan leaves are going a yellow/dark purple/off green colour and slowly dying (this is the taller plant) it looks like a deficiency but it’s been getting plenty of nutrients.

The second bushier plant seems to be getting yellow/brownish starting from the tips of the smaller fan leaves around the middle of the plant and surrounding arms (I’m thinking both cases could be lockout any input and advice on how to go about fixing them is greatly appreciated, this is my 1st indoor grow and I’ve still got a lot to learn, thank you very much, long post I know, pics attached.

Please help yellowpurpleburnt leaves
Please help yellowpurpleburnt leaves 2
Please help yellowpurpleburnt leaves 3
Please help yellowpurpleburnt leaves 4
Please help yellowpurpleburnt leaves 5
Please help yellowpurpleburnt leaves 6
Please help yellowpurpleburnt leaves 7
Please help yellowpurpleburnt leaves 8
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Well here is a chart to help ya
Looks like a combo happening, potentially, potassium and zinc deficiencies
And tips say nute burn, maybe dealing with a lockout situation.
When was it last really flushed?
I usually flush before flip and once during flower when I up my flower nutes.

8D3BED62 9D39 44BC A76D D3ED208726D7
4EC4247A CFC3 491A 98D9 A253BA0EA5D0
S

Snowman420

It’s only every really been flushed when they got flipped to 12/12, I’m thinking of giving it a good flush with plain ph’d water (around ph6) check runoff and make sure it goes to six and then go back to my usual schedule, I’m new to these nutrients, they guy at my local hydro shop highly recommends them so yeh poss just a lockout then buildup, I don’t know

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

There was another thread on here that was talking about getting colors out of the plants, sorry I can’t remember the thread name, but I believe it was stated in there that what you are seeing is a copper deficiency. Try and search for the thread, that may be useful.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Must flush every week in flower. Preferably with bone meal. Feed 3 days flush 4th day dry 5th day then back to feed.

DGP

DGP

We try to get some of our hybrids to finish in Fall colors like yellow orange and especially dark purple. I could be wrong but anytime after week 6 or 7 I expect Fall colors to start showing as the plant finishes and starts using it's reserves in some of the larger leaves. Couldn't this just be a normal, healthy Fall color change related to their age and cycle?

My indoor plants do this in week 6-ish and my outdoor ones do it as well especially right about now in the N hemisphere....

I really think it may not be a deficiency at all.

Dee

M

MamaBear

Your plants are "finishing" (getting ready to die) which is exactly what you want. Fall colors are beautiful, especially the purple color. They are "giving up" their leaves as they finish because they don't need them any more. Look outside, most of the plants, bushes and trees are doing the same thing.
Looks TASTY!!!

madgrower

madgrower

Your plants are "finishing" (getting ready to die) which is exactly what you want. Fall colors are beautiful, especially the purple color. They are "giving up" their leaves as they finish because they don't need them any more. Look outside, most of the plants, bushes and trees are doing the same thing.
Looks TASTY!!!
Agree

S

Snowman420

Okay thank you everyone for all the feedback!
I’ll adress what I can
1st I’m looking at pics and really having trouble putting my finger on exactly what it is, could be a combo of cal, mag, zinc etc, but The fertz I’m using should have heaps in it, I’ve talked to the guy at my hydro shop and he’s told me I’d be wasting money getting some Calmag or other shit to add.

2ndwith flushing every week (or 5th water or whatever) I’m not entirely sure on that, it’s organic nutes, and opinion seems to be pretty split on the idea of continual feeds vs regular flush, this is coco to and is watered pre much to purge every time.

3rd the finish colours idea, as much as I would love to think this is it (trust me I would) this particular plant (the tall one with purpling leafs) is looking pretty unhealthy compared, it’s basically stalled new bud growth, and yeh is just looking bad compared to the girl next to it. I also have the same strain running in a different room, 2 weeks ahead, not seeing the same problems... I’ll add some pics (1st will be the healthy plant next to sick one) (2nd just the sick plant)(3rd/4th just healthy plant)(5th/6th plants in week 8 -9 flower so 2 weeks ahead) (7th bud pic for your pleasure :)

E25F3D81 B7BB 48EF BF98 889DC8A96217
ECA8D7F7 1164 422B 8B6E D81ACB2FB282
DAD622D1 3464 44F2 A122 68647FB11049
C38E5B99 2D56 4FFB 8E71 F8F5CF1249CF
4EAC66CD B6C2 4780 96BD A3C44E0B436F
0484D40D 8A34 4726 96FF D003D591BC22
69A93284 7E12 4DD3 BFED 51D122669D7D
Top Bottom