Pm And Spider Mites In 5th Week Of Flower

• Thread starter Peff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yep I am in a house, and there's a 5y/o kid in there, so I guess it'd be better not to? Or how would you go about doing it if you think it'd be fine

Ahh... Shitty. I wouldnt do it in my house.

But if your tent is in a spare room and vents directly outside you might be able to get away with it. If the tent seals up tight. But keep in mind it's a fumigant, the whole idea is that it gets into every nook and cranny. It was originally used for fumigating houses etc for mold.

I purposefully built an outdoor shed to grow in specifically so I could utilize it.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I’m just going to add that potassium bicarbonate is not baking soda.

Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate.

They both work on the same principal, but one contains sodium which is not very desirable when spraying plants.

B

Burned Haze

Since late in flower and you don’t wanna wait on shipping of companies illl recommend this ( it works, just have to be repetitive like all of them )

H2o2 foliar at 5% (10% is weed killer so I know it works lol, just get 37% and dilluate ) +yucca extract (wetting agent ) for spider mites/pm , cold water ( like under 60f) will def piss off the mites , spray every 3 days

Now that might now “ win the war”. It but your not put any oils, any bad products. Just oxidation and killing them .

Here’s Jorge’s example of how he uses it for end of harvest to remove any pm/contaminates ( just have to make sure to make small batches of the h2002 and like every 2-5 plants throw the container away)

P

Peff

Ahh... Shitty. I wouldnt do it in my house.

But if your tent is in a spare room and vents directly outside you might be able to get away with it. If the tent seals up tight. But keep in mind it's a fumigant, the whole idea is that it gets into every nook and cranny. It was originally used for fumigating houses etc for mold.

I purposefully built an outdoor shed to grow in specifically so I could utilize it.

Yeah thats a goal of mine but Im still pretty young so having an outdoor shed isnt something thats possible as of now

The tent has zippers and holes that can be closed like some backpacks ( not too sure what theyre called, I'll try to find a picture ), so it can close but im not 100% sure thats tight enough?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah thats a goal of mine but Im still pretty young so having an outdoor shed isnt something thats possible as of now

The tent has zippers and holes that can be closed like some backpacks ( not too sure what theyre called, I'll try to find a picture ), so it can close but im not 100% sure thats tight enough?

Honestly, probably not. I wouldn't risk it personally. After this crop I would use a wettable powder form of sulphur to just spray the plants with. If taking cuttings it can be really hard to get rid of PM. It took me 3 generations to get it out of my bubba cut. Despite the literature on PM it actually seems to live systemically within the plant tissue.

P

Peff

Green cleaner kills mites and PM all in one shot. Rotate it with baking soda mix. Green cleaner will do the job with the mites and help with pm. If you can hit em with compressed air you can nock a lot of em off into a corner and soak the floor with azamax or whatever you want to kill em with. If you have the time make up a habenaro spray it kills on contact eggs and adults.View attachment 858326
Where would I get habanero peppers? Im in Canada

Also, as you said its really bad... I wouldnt get acces to the green cleaner right away, and wednesday is the start of my 6th week.. should I just wait it out until tomorrow when I'll have access to more products?

Azamax, Green cleaner, Habanero peppers and baking soda is what I need right?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Also, as you said its really bad... I wouldnt get acces to the green cleaner right away, and wednesday is the start of my 6th week.. should I just wait it out until tomorrow when I'll have access to more products?

If you have a local hydro store see if they have earth juice natural ph up. Its potassium bicarb and can be used the same as greencure.
Dont use baking soda.

P

Peff

Honestly, probably not. I wouldn't risk it personally. After this crop I would use a wettable powder form of sulphur to just spray the plants with. If taking cuttings it can be really hard to get rid of PM. It took me 3 generations to get it out of my bubba cut. Despite the literature on PM it actually seems to live systemically within the plant tissue.
Yes I was told PM is systemic, is it not?

If sulphur burn isnt a possibility for this crop, would you have any other recommendation? Do you put the powder in veg and flower? How far into flower? Is it only for pm?

P

Peff

Sucks because just by touching the fan leaves my fingers get all sticky... but I feel like smoking buds with PM + the mites attacking the plants isnt a good idea?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yes I was told PM is systemic, is it not?

If sulphur burn isnt a possibility for this crop, would you have any other recommendation? Do you put the powder in veg and flower? How far into flower? Is it only for pm?

PM is systemic, but for years it was thought to not be.

Never use powdered sulphur in flower. Just veg. Sulphur vape is fine in flower.
I'd try and find some potassium bicarb if I were you.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter

5 Habs per quart there’s a step by step in my diary it’s a few pages in.https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/posts/2231419/

P

Peff

So if Im getting all of this right, GreenCure ( potassium bicarbonate ) will kill/take care of pm as well as mites, eggs and adults?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
BUT, dont just use any old ph up. They arent all made from potassium bicarbonate, the only one I know of is made by earth juice.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Greencure and greencleaner are two different things. Greencure wont do much for the mites I don't think. And I'll be surprised if you can get green cleaner in Canada. We have a serious issue obtaining anything that works in this country.
And for God sake dont confuse it with mean green , green works, simple green or green clean. We have cleaning products in this country with very similar names. The greencleaner they get in the US is for plants, and I've not seen it up here.

P

Peff

Greencure and greencleaner are two different things. Greencure wont do much for the mites I don't think. And I'll be surprised if you can get green cleaner in Canada. We have a serious issue obtaining anything that works in this country.
And for God sake dont confuse it with mean green , green works, simple green or green clean. We have cleaning products in this country with very similar names. The greencleaner they get in the US is for plants, and I've not seen it up here.
I found it on Amazon, with 140$ shipping.. lol I think i'll have to pass

Top Bottom